The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm nervous about playing again. Big big game away to Arsenal. Man Utd have slipped up against Man City and I need to win to go 2 points ahead with 2 easyish games left. Gulp.
Just downloaded the demo. I plan to get 2011 game after the January update. One question if anyone cares to answer. Let's say the match preperation bars are full, is there any point going back to it? Assuming you stick with the three formations forever.

Oh and I hate agents. Thieving bastards :colonhash:.
This game annoys me, I draw 1-1 to real madrid then lose to some stupid low end Turkish team 1-0 without even getting a sniff at goal. Stupid AI figures out my tactics too easily.
Recently started a season as Napoli, they gave me a lovely 11m budget for a top half finish and I'm doing much better than expected - currently 5th after smashing the likes of Roma, Inter and Palermo (had Pastore, the bastard, on lock all game) and drawing to AC Milan 2-2 despite having ten men from the 21st minute.

Bought;

Emmanuel Badu (Udinese)
Mario Fernandes - Some Brazilian Team (Maybe Gremio?) Absolute god of a CB, check out his stats he's like 19 and they're unreal - you also can get him for about 3mil?
Sergio Tejera - Labelled the next Pep Guardiola bosses my midfield with Hamsik.
Serge Aurier - 18 yr old RB, got him on the cheap but his agent absolutely raped me for wages the ****.
I also bought Alvaro Morata on the cheap from Barcelona, I instantly thought that due to him being from the famous Barca Academy he'd be unbelievably good and he was so cheap I had to go for it - What a mistake he's so unbelievably **** it's ridiculous and now I can't sell or even loan the bastard out.

Unfortunately now it's January and Chelsea are trying to nab my best striker Cavani, the bastards. They're also going for Dzeko though, so if they get Cavani I'm taking Dzeko. I also tried to get Josh McEachran on loan, however he's being a prick and doesn't want to come just bigging him up to the media now in the hope of getting him :smile: Chelsea have made me agree to a 9million future fee though if I want to buy him :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Troubled_Student

Original post by Troubled_Student
Recently started a season as Napoli, they gave me a lovely 11m budget for a top half finish and I'm doing much better than expected - currently 5th after smashing the likes of Roma, Inter and Palermo (had Pastore, the bastard, on lock all game) and drawing to AC Milan 2-2 despite having ten men from the 21st minute.

Bought;

Emmanuel Badu (Udinese)
Mario Fernandes - Some Brazilian Team (Maybe Gremio?) Absolute god of a CB, check out his stats he's like 19 and they're unreal - you also can get him for about 3mil?
Sergio Tejera - Labelled the next Pep Guardiola bosses my midfield with Hamsik.
Serge Aurier - 18 yr old RB, got him on the cheap but his agent absolutely raped me for wages the ****.

Unfortunately now it's January and Chelsea are trying to nab my best striker Cavani, the bastards. They're also going for Dzeko though, so if they get Cavani I'm taking Dzeko. I also tried to get Josh McEachran on loan, however he's being a prick and doesn't want to come just bigging him up to the media now in the hope of getting him :smile: Chelsea have made me agree to a 9million future fee though if I want to buy him :/

Hmm the fee is still negotiable iirc

Rippin' it up.
Reply 9386
started as Barnsley!

their best players are their wide players but I always play a very narrow, direct style of football and it always seems to work.

I'm either going to have to use a new tactic or sell my best players (and risk angering the fans)... then again, I am paid to make big decisions like these. :ahee:
Reply 9387
Woo, I won my opening game of the season against Worcester with Corby...though I probably shouldn't have done, and certainly not as comprehensively as I did.

Worcester had 20 shots on goal, I had 7 (yes, they had three times as many shots as I did)
We both had 5 shots on target.
I thrashed them 4-1.

But the opening goal was rather strange...

The Worcester players were complaining to the referee that the goal shouldn't stand...not because Burke appeared to foul the defender, but because he allegedly handled the ball at some point. Unless he's got a hand for a foot, the opposition were really clutching at straws, I reckon :biggrin:

Edit: Stupid small embedded window. Watch the video full-screen
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm surprised with my Liverpool side. I thought I'd be struggling to keep up with the top4 but im leading the table and we're into mid February :biggrin:
Reply 9389
I would like to do a Liverpool game but I think it would be too easy. I might do one after the final update.
Liverpool won the league in the first season on my game.
Reply 9391
They always seem to do well on FM. Liverpool and Arsenal have probably been the two most consistently good English teams on FM since 2007.
Arsenal finished 8th :sogood:

Behind Stoke :dice: :dice: :dice:
Reply 9393
:rofl2: I might try and win the league with Stoke :eek4:

Go on advise me in The Dressing Room ffs :colonhash:
Well I dont have enough time to play a few seasons+ with lower leagues tbh so why not go with my favourite club?
Reply 9395
I don't think anybody has criticised the choice Sarf :beard: More just out loud musings about when I will be doing myself :mmm:
This next season is going to be a tough one with Southampton. My 3rd season at the club. We're expected to struggle this season in the championship and we're in a financial crisis atm :frown:

But I've beaten my record in the League Cup already. . .by advancing past the first ****** round.
Absolutely loving this game at the moment.

I'm playing as Loughborough University, currently in the Evo-Stik Premier Division, the level just below the Blue Square North.

Just had this guy come through my academy, looks like a brilliant prospect.

Looks fantastic, he can run with the ball, finish well, is composed, works hard and is pretty damn quick.

He will be my first choice striker this season, despite his age. Also, my scouts reckon he could end up being a good premiership striker, so hopefully he will develop well and could be a great player for us for a good number of years.

Also, has anybody else seen Liverpool do really badly in this game.

In my game the top 6 has been:

2010/2011 - Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool
2011/2012 - Man Utd, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Fulham (Liverpool finished 7th)
Finished my first season with ABC FC (3rd tier of the Brazilian league). Won the Portigur State Championship (this seems to be a mini league run before the main league) and the Brazilian 3rd division. All with no transfer money - been free transfers and loan deals all the way, club's skint! My stats as a manager:
P: 31; W: 24; D: 5; L: 2.

Not a bad start to my first full season on FM11.
mackemforever
QFA

Just wondering where you got that add on (I'm guessing) database from where you can play as Loughborough Uni?

Latest