The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm getting a little bit bored with this game at the moment so I'm starting a new save with the following rules:

1) I will only sign players for less than £1.5m.
2) In season 1 I will start the first league game with a completely new team, so all 11 players making their debuts, as well as all of the subs in a position to make their debut if brought on.

Anybody got any suggested signings?
My strikers were playing so badly I was literally tearing my hair out. Dzeko is playing like a lump of coal

Only Hoarau is my saving grace, got him on loan after Torres got injured for the season. Think that's the last I'll be using the big man :nopity:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9602
Playing a friendly, Vidic scored twice in 11 minutes and had 6 shots in the match. All from set pieces. I haven't even got my corners aimed at him or anything :lolwut:

I hope as the quality of opposition goes up the quality of defending set pieces also goes up :pierre:
Of the 4 players I had on season long loans last year, 2 have come back for another year whilst due to my faultless man-management the others have joined on free transfers having been released by their clubs :cool:

John Bostock, oh how you have failed.
Reply 9604
Original post by Eru Iluvatar

Original post by Eru Iluvatar
Tried pretty much every combination, but always seems to follow the same pattern. They make offer, i make one a fair bit lower, then they come up with the lowest they will actually go, and wont negotiate any further (even if i'm dropping just wage increase percentage, or wage amount, or anything even by one notch, they just go back to what it was).
Hopefully it'll be tweaked...though I wouldn't count on it - we've been wanting transfer negotiating to be tweaked for ages (you offer £1.5m for a player, they come back and say "No, we want £5m", you offer £2.5m, they say "No, we want £5m", you offer £4m, they still say "No, we want £5m" :rolleyes:). SI have never really put a lot of effort into the AI's negotiation skills, which is a shame :frown: I'd hope now that it's featured not just with transfers but also now very clearly with contracts that next year they will focus on improving it, but like I said before, I wouldn't count on it.

Original post by Colbert
I'm on 30th June and fighting higher rep clubs for free transfers, so I'm just agreeing whatever the player and agent wants in the hope they'll join me instead of better clubs. I am going to be in some serious financial turmoil ffs :facepalm2:

Has anyone got Ridsdale's home phone number :holmes:
Well, if you get any of them, at least they're free :p:

Sadly, my January exploits in the market with Rangers weren't as good as I'd have hoped. In addition to selling James Beattie, I did finally get below the wage budget by releasing every youngster my coaches didn't think would become leading SPL players (OK, was only about £600 a week combined for the 21 players, but every little helps :biggrin:) and selling the most expensive of the wingers Ally McCoist signed, Dario Bottinelli, for a £400k profit (not bad for six months' investment :p:). Didn't get rid of him until the 29th, though, so only had two days to get anyone new :frown:
But on the plus side, I did bring in a DL/DC from FC Eindhoven on loan with the prospect of buying him permanently for £50k, and he's been putting in performances that are making me strongly consider the cheap fee :smile: After the window closed I also fought off Newcastle and Sunderland to get that Swedish regen striker I'd been eyeing up earlier (but previously couldn't afford because of wage restrictions)

Lost out in the first knockout round of the Europa League, but was a valiant loss on away goals (1-2, 1-0) to Palermo (who're currently 5th in Serie A). Going into the first leg I was terrified - we'd both been on winning streaks and were in good form, but I'd won against teams like Inverness Caley Thistle, Hamilton and Queen of the South, while they'd been winning against teams like Lazio and AC Milan. Just a slight difference in opposition quality :ninja:
Reply 9605
Started again with Newcastle and bought even more players in the January transfer market, team blend seems to be working nicely though. Ruud van Nistelrooy is awesome as a poacher with Carroll as the target man supporting :tongue:
Udinese/Catania are my bogey teams. I ****ing hate them. They always beat me. :nopity:
Original post by mackemforever
I'm getting a little bit bored with this game at the moment so I'm starting a new save with the following rules:

1) I will only sign players for less than £1.5m.
2) In season 1 I will start the first league game with a completely new team, so all 11 players making their debuts, as well as all of the subs in a position to make their debut if brought on.

Anybody got any suggested signings?

if your getting bored with why not go into lower league management, thats where the real fun kicks off

:rofl: my little droylsen fc team just won the FA cup beating man u 3-1, we went on a great cup run, the league ended up playing for it, dropped alot off points in the championship
Original post by robinson999
if your getting bored with why not go into lower league management, thats where the real fun kicks off

:rofl: my little droylsen fc team just won the FA cup beating man u 3-1, we went on a great cup run, the league ended up playing for it, dropped alot off points in the championship

The save I had going was a proper lower league save. I started with Loughborough University down in level 9 (or 10, I can't remember!). I've got them up to the Blue Square North having won whichever league I've been in every year, and am currently top of the table after 18 games, having won 15 of them and drawn the other 3.

I normally like the challenge of lower league saves, but in this version there isn't any challenge.
I keep starting and stopping games, can never seem to stick and anything and really get in to it.

Can anyone recommend a team/challenge to start with and work my way up in? Something fun but challenging :smile: Want to really get to know the game for once :tongue:
Original post by mackemforever
The save I had going was a proper lower league save. I started with Loughborough University down in level 9 (or 10, I can't remember!). I've got them up to the Blue Square North having won whichever league I've been in every year, and am currently top of the table after 18 games, having won 15 of them and drawn the other 3.

I normally like the challenge of lower league saves, but in this version there isn't any challenge.

that is lower league stuff there :p:

i found the BSN and BSP to be a bit easy, and league 2 as well, my hardest challenge was getting out off league 1 and staying in the championship, with a little club they don't have the money

or maybe try another country, i really want to have a try at the USA
(edited 13 years ago)
where can i download an in-game editor for football manager 2011. None of the ones i've tried are compatible. thanks
Original post by i.love.heroes
where can i download an in-game editor for football manager 2011. None of the ones i've tried are compatible. thanks

http://www.fmrte.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70:fmrte-v412-released&catid=41:fmrte-releases

^ That's the "Real Time" editor. Can edit most things with it. Be warned, it's basically cheating :colondollar:
Original post by neillya1
http://www.fmrte.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=70:fmrte-v412-released&catid=41:fmrte-releases

^ That's the "Real Time" editor. Can edit most things with it. Be warned, it's basically cheating :colondollar:

* It IS cheating :wink:
thankyou.
Finally sold Michael Bradley. I felt so, so emotional but it was in the club's interest. I'm now considering selling Marek Hamsik but I probably won't unless I get a great offer. He seems to be slowly recapturing his old form - his off the ball movemet is 20, creativity is 19... :eek3: nah, he aint getting sold. My German youngsters are coming along nicely:

Spoiler

I think the first one is nearly ready for first-team football? :beard: Or is it too risky?
Reply 9615
OK, just so I have a record of these for new games (so I can search for it in here and don't have to redo the manual search in-game every time)...

Dates that teams around the world promote players from their youth academy:

Spoiler

Anyone who, like me, is interested in buying youth players and developing them might want to make a note of that info (particularly for countries like Brazil and Argentina which have a tendency to produce magnificent youngsters, as within the first weeks or months after they've been promoted will be the time you can get them the cheapest). Note, though, that where I've said "Any [continent] nations that don't have a league in the game", I don't know if that applies to countries listed elsewhere but whose league you simply don't have active in your game. For instance, if you're only running the English league then I don't know whether Spanish newgens will be added to the game on July 10th (which they'd do if the Spanish league is active) or on June 7th (when newgens get promoted in countries like Bosnia or Montenegro). I almost always play with all leagues turned on (even if most are view-only) so I'm not certain how it works when leagues aren't turned on.

Edit: Note also that I've ignored adding in the USA. Newgens don't come up in the same way over there, but the annual draft takes place on January 13th so if you want some young Americans in your team then send a scout over round about then :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
That's a brilliant resource Dalimyr. :yy:

Saves me randomly going through all the teams in the world all season to find the right players to promote. :h:

Does this apply to 09 as well do you know?
Cheers Dalimyr, will come back to that if I am ever in a position to need it :teeth:

John Bostock injured in a pre-season friendly and out for 5 months :facepalm2:
Think I might start another save as an un-restricted (transfer-wise) team and bear this info in mind. :gah:
That's settled then. Managing Real Massamà in Div 2D in Portugal. I'll report back after each season. :yy:

Start with:

- £0 transfer budget
- £6,250 wage budget

and 10 players. :indiff:

Latest