The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 10000
If you sign a 15 year old from Gremio he won't be allowed to go to your club until he is 18.
Original post by Louis.
Went downstairs at 3-1 up against West Brom, came back and it was 4-3 to me after a Ledley King 88th minute winner :eek2:

Gonna sign Connor Wickham to join at the end of the season and i've just found a ridiculous 15 year old striker from Gremio who'll be arriving asap. Will wait till the summer for Munain or someone like that if I need him. Edit- just realised it's Brazil so asap means about 3 years away. Still, it'll be worth the wait :dice:

Also, i'm in January in my game. My main two centre backs, Gallas and Dawson, have 10 goals, as many as Carroll, Pav and Defoe have between them :lol:

Conor Wickham is really **** on my game 6 seasons in. In Aston Villa's reserves last time I checked :facepalm2:
Original post by Mess.
If you sign a 15 year old from Gremio he won't be allowed to go to your club until he is 18.

Just realised, see the edit :wink:

He's called Paulo Sergio, regen? It's only Jan in the 1st season but I guess Brazil is different. Tempted to go on holiday for 3 years, his only real weakness is pace but i'll work on that :dice:
Original post by Colbert
Conor Wickham is really **** on my game 6 seasons in. In Aston Villa's reserves last time I checked :facepalm2:

He'll have my nurturing hand to guide him to his full potential this time :sexface:

Besides, it's only £3mil and he's gotta be better than Defoe :colonhash:
Reply 10004
Original post by Louis.

Original post by Louis.
Just realised, see the edit :wink:

He's called Paulo Sergio, regen? It's only Jan in the 1st season but I guess Brazil is different. Tempted to go on holiday for 3 years, his only real weakness is pace but i'll work on that :dice:

The Brazil regens appear some point in January, the second if I remember Dali's post correctly :holmes:

I very rarely find decent regens despite having the best scouts on the game constantly searching the world.

Should I change my scouting routine? If so, what to?
Reply 10005
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert

I started a lower game as Crewe :woo: Semi-pro rep :sexface: Got Everton as my parent club :facepalm2:

I think I should probably start again as I went a little bit wild buying people as I was treating it like I was still a top tier team :colondollar:

An attacking 4-3-3 is immense though :coma: I need to spend a bit longer figuring out the balance though tbh. I'm not sure whether to play with the 3 strikers next to each other or pushing at least one of them out to an inside forward position :beard:
Original post by Mess.
The Brazil regens appear some point in January, the second if I remember Dali's post correctly :holmes:

I very rarely find decent regens despite having the best scouts on the game constantly searching the world.

Should I change my scouting routine? If so, what to?

I don't put too much thought into it tbh. Got two scouts in South America, one looking for 23 and under and one looking for 19 and under or something like that. Found this guy on the player search rather than reading my reports.

Generally I get as many scouts as the board allows me and get them to scout a competition and a similar region. Eg, scouting the Spanish under 18s and South Europe. This way gets me loads of reports but I don't know if it's the best way to go about it :dontknow:
Original post by Mess.
I started a lower game as Crewe :woo: Semi-pro rep :sexface: Got Everton as my parent club :facepalm2:

I think I should probably start again as I went a little bit wild buying people as I was treating it like I was still a top tier team :colondollar:

An attacking 4-3-3 is immense though :coma: I need to spend a bit longer figuring out the balance though tbh. I'm not sure whether to play with the 3 strikers next to each other or pushing at least one of them out to an inside forward position :beard:

I can't remember what rep I started with, possibly semi pro.

In lower league I don't trust the players to do anything so I keep to flat 4-4-2 of 4-5-1 and hope they don't **** it up. Fancy tactics are probably what gets you promoted though :camp:

Just joined Charlton. Any month we make a profit we have to pay £200k to our chairman, which is a bit ****ed as it means we are consistently losing money. At least they have a pretty good reputation so it won't be too hard to move on.
(edited 13 years ago)
I missed out on the championship on the last day :mad: stupid Turkish league!!!!!!!!!1

****ing hell stupid Fenerbahce finished on freaking 93 points they only lost once and that was to me!!!!!!! stupid AI damn you to hell :mad: :mad: :mad:
If you're not the sort to start digging through teams to scout manually, i find the best thing to do is know your regen dates, and then start scouting each loaded country in your game for under 19s on that date, try to find the best talent quickly. Making sure you have staff with knowledge of that area, and even putting two staff on the case, is a good move.

I only use my scouts for young talent really at a high level, as if you are reasonable in the transfer market, you'll be able to pick out players to scout if you need to find out how they compare with your own squad, rather than be told that Messi is significantly better than... well whoever your best player is.
Original post by ChaoticSkills
I missed out on the championship on the last day :mad: stupid Turkish league!!!!!!!!!1

****ing hell stupid Fenerbahce finished on freaking 93 points they only lost once and that was to me!!!!!!! stupid AI damn you to hell :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tempted to start a Turkish league game. The 8 foreigners rule is so frustrating, though. I managed Fenerbahce in FM08, Semih Senturk and Mehmet Topuz (wasn't at Fenerbahce back then, signed him) were beasts. :adore:
Original post by Mastermind`
Tempted to start a Turkish league game. The 8 foreigners rule is so frustrating, though. I managed Fenerbahce in FM08, Semih Senturk and Mehmet Topuz (wasn't at Fenerbahce back then, signed him) were beasts. :adore:

It's a challenge to play in, you have to play with some crippled Turkish players but luckily for me two of the star players from last years champions were available on the cheap so I bought them they've been great as of late. Plus with Arda Turan it's a breeze he just racks up the assists, Topuz is a beast and so is Semih just lacks flair, dribbling and pace. could be a decent targetman, think Im going to do a Brazilian league save after this season, the AI is too good with Fener :facepalm2:
My 15 year old Brazilian didn't get a work permit :sad: :nopity:
I've found Scandinavia is pretty good for looking for regens. My 18 year old Norwegian left back on my Liverpool save is a beast. Also got a Danish regen right back who I thought was going to be great but iirc he got an injury and hasn't quite turned out as well as I'd hoped.

They're also always cheap.
(edited 13 years ago)
Scandinavia is indeed good. On my Salisbury save Real Madrid had the most valuable player in the world, a Finnish striker called Gustav Berntsson (at £39m), while a Swedish playmaker called Dennis Grònholm was second for Inter on £36.5m.
Reply 10015
You bastards had to reach the 10k mark while I was sleeping, didn't you? :p:

New thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1530791

Latest