The Student Room Group

Foundation course leading to Undergrad Illustration

I'm hoping to study BA illustration at Falmouth, Bournemouth, Brighton etc, but I've been told by course leaders at Fal and Bournemouth that pretty much everyone does a foundation before, so yeah. Essentially I am looking for foundation course that offer an illustration pathway, and aren't too far away from the London area (I live in a town in Hertfordshire, and I want to live at home because there I obviously won't get any sort of maintenance loan). So far I've looked at:
~ Camberwell and Central St. Martins, but I'd only be able to apply to one, so if anyone is at either and could advise me on which is better for illustration that would be sound.
~ Bucks new uni, which is a local-ish uni.
~ Falmouth, which I've fallen in love with haha, so would be willing to go there if possible.
If there are any other foundation courses anywhere near/in London that you guys know about, I'd love to know!
Thanks!
Original post by Willsmeeth
I'm hoping to study BA illustration at Falmouth, Bournemouth, Brighton etc, but I've been told by course leaders at Fal and Bournemouth that pretty much everyone does a foundation before, so yeah. Essentially I am looking for foundation course that offer an illustration pathway, and aren't too far away from the London area (I live in a town in Hertfordshire, and I want to live at home because there I obviously won't get any sort of maintenance loan). So far I've looked at:
~ Camberwell and Central St. Martins, but I'd only be able to apply to one, so if anyone is at either and could advise me on which is better for illustration that would be sound.
~ Bucks new uni, which is a local-ish uni.
~ Falmouth, which I've fallen in love with haha, so would be willing to go there if possible.
If there are any other foundation courses anywhere near/in London that you guys know about, I'd love to know!
Thanks!

Late reply so not sure what you've chosen! I did my foundation at Bucks New Uni and loved it, got loads of support ect and am going to Falmouth in September. A few people I know from my foundation went to Falmouth, I would really recommend it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest