The Student Room Group

I'm not a romantic or passionate person...

I've never really loved anyone romantically and i've never had a girlfriend. I can't imagine myself with a girl or in bed. I'd just be awkward and twitchy.

I don't think i'm asexual though.

Anyone else like this?
Reply 1
Do you find girls attractive?
If you think you'd be awkward and twitchy then it just means you're bad socially, not that you're not romantic.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I've never really loved anyone romantically and i've never had a girlfriend. I can't imagine myself with a girl or in bed. I'd just be awkward and twitchy.

Anyone else like this?

me too
Reply 4
Original post by Mel1215
Do you find girls attractive?

Yeah, but I can't imagine being in a relationship with anyone.
Reply 5
Yeah, but I can't imagine being in a relationship with anyone.

Maybe you just aren't ready yet, your not at that stage right now. Give it time :smile:

Anyone else like this?

nope know quite a few people like this though, you should meet someone you like some day :tongue: how old are you?
Aromantic?
I was the same, trust me :smile:

I've never been in love until I met my first girlfriend over 2 months ago. I have never even been in any sort of relationship with any girl before. There's really no harm in waiting, in fact its definitely worth it as you will find the perfect girl and you'll know when you do.

You'll find someone who gives you that "spark" that you've never felt before. It's hard to explain but you will know when you feel it and when you do, you will never want to let her go :smile:

There's no rush, bide your time then you and the girl of your dreams will cross paths.

Good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by bingbashbosh
I was the same, trust me :smile:

I've never been in love until I met my first girlfriend over 2 months ago. I have never even been in any sort of relationship with any girl before. There's really no harm in waiting, in fact its definitely worth it as you will find the perfect girl and you'll know when you do.

You'll find someone who gives you that "spark" that you've never felt before. It's hard to explain but you will know when you feel it and when you do, you will never want to let her go :smile:

There's no rush, bide your time then you and the girl of your dreams will cross paths.

Good luck! :biggrin:

how did you get to know her/what made you suddenly realise you liked this girl? :tongue: (just curious)
Reply 10
There is no point believing in love when it's clear that all our brains re doing is releasing oxytocin and dopamine in response to a pleasurable stimulus in the eternal environment (a supportive partner) just as there is no point believing in God anymore
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
how did you get to know her/what made you suddenly realise you liked this girl? :tongue: (just curious)

We met online, so I was able to talk to her for a good while before we met up. We talked pretty much 24/7 about almost anything. It's such a blur, I dont know if it was a sudden realisation that I liked her or it was something that grew over time. I was extremely nervous when I first met her in person because I didn't want to make a fool of myself, which is something I dont normally worry about with other people, so that was a very good indication that I liked her lol

A while later while we were dating, we took a trip to Dublin for the day and I knew with all my heart that I was in love with her, so on the way home I sat next to her trying to pluck up the courage to tell her. I told her I needed to tell her something that I was very nervous about saying. Then after what felt like an eternity looking at her, I finally said "I love you". Then she smiled, said it back and I was shocked, because she was perfect.

I get really emotional remembering that day haha XD
Original post by bingbashbosh
We met online, so I was able to talk to her for a good while before we met up. We talked pretty much 24/7 about almost anything. It's such a blur, I dont know if it was a sudden realisation that I liked her or it was something that grew over time. I was extremely nervous when I first met her in person because I didn't want to make a fool of myself, which is something I dont normally worry about with other people, so that was a very good indication that I liked her lol

A while later while we were dating, we took a trip to Dublin for the day and I knew with all my heart that I was in love with her, so on the way home I sat next to her trying to pluck up the courage to tell her. I told her I needed to tell her something that I was very nervous about saying. Then after what felt like an eternity looking at her, I finally said "I love you". Then she smiled, said it back and I was shocked, because she was perfect.

I get really emotional remembering that day haha XD

aww that's so cute :') thanks for sharing hhaha
Reply 13

Anyone else like this?

How do you feel about the idea of sex? If it's favorable, then you're not asexual.
Reply 14
Original post by tory88
How do you feel about the idea of sex? If it's favorable, then you're not asexual.

Yeah, although I would be a bit nervous/ self conscious. (Having not done it before).

I wouldn't be comfortable with some parts of it though (licking 'down there', without going into too much detail, if you know what I mean!!)
Reply 15
Original post by Riku
There is no point believing in love when it's clear that all our brains re doing is releasing oxytocin and dopamine in response to a pleasurable stimulus in the eternal environment (a supportive partner) just as there is no point believing in God anymore

That's the most depressing thing I've ever read.
Reply 16
Original post by Dr Pesto
That's the most depressing thing I've ever read.

Ignore it, I was mildly depressed at the time of its writing :smile:
Original post by Riku

May I get this printed on a tshirt? The sting at the end is a thing of beauty.

Original post by Riku
Ignore it, I was mildly depressed at the time of its writing :smile:

I am, of course, genuinely pleased you no longer feel so bleak!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending