The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skpatel
Yeah that is quite true..i agree with it anyway not sure about anyone else...
I dont consider it right when a guy asks a hijaabi girl out, shes wearing it for a reason..so she doesnt get that stuff from people...yet i guess some girls do want it?

See I'd argue the main reason for wearing it is cultural conformity.
Reply 21
No

hair is a key component for me
Original post by Mankytoes
See I'd argue the main reason for wearing it is cultural conformity.

Islam shouldnt mix with culture! A girl who wears it for conformity is stupid..harsh i know but wear it for the right reasons not just cuz u think u shud cuz everyone else does and ur family will be happy...girls who do it for those reasons are stupid
Okay some are forced depends on the family but the majority arnt :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by skpatel
You do get guys who are attracted to niqaabi women too...depends how u mean tho..attracted cuz of their looks or personality...
Although obviously it is wrong men are attracted to them..aswell as women who wear the hijaab...hate to be blunt and rude about it but some hijaabi girls are the ones who are in relationships so i think that kinda tells u...
Before i get people saying not all hijabi girls i did say some and im not tarnishing all hijaabi girls..being a hijaabi girl who doesnt get into relationships
But yea all in all it does happen men are attracted to niqaabi and or hijaabi women...some men..not all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh there are girls who act slutty wearing hijabs and they are called hojabis my friend :smile: can we get some hojabis in here! ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ameliapond
No

hair is a key component for me

You're a female...:confused:
Reply 25
Original post by GreenArrow
You're a female...:confused:

No I'm a male but I have an unhealthy obsession with Karen Gillan
To be honest, some of them use the hijab as a second hair. So, I'm guessing they're trying to still be perceived as attractive. Frankly, nothing wrong with that.
Original post by ChildishHambino
If they've gone full curtain, then I wouldnt see anyone be physically attracted, no.

HAhahaha, Oh god, I'm going to hell for laughing at that, but it was pretty funny.
I agree with what she's put here and I couldn't have summed it up in any funnier way tbh.
Original post by Numan786
Yh there are girls who act slutty wearing hijabs and they are called hojabis my friend :smile: can we get some hojabis in here! ;p

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :/ thats someones daughter/sister ur talking about, come on atleast have a bit of respect
U wudnt take that crap if someone said it about ur sister (if u have one) or ur daughter (if u have one)...or any girl whose dear to u for that matter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skpatel
Islam shouldnt mix with culture! A girl who wears it for conformity is stupid..harsh i know but wear it for the right reasons not just cuz u think u shud cuz everyone else does and ur family will be happy...girls who do it for those reasons are stupid
Okay some are forced depends on the family but the majority arnt :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that is harsh. The main reason Westeners wear blue jeans is cultural conformity as well. As a species, we tend to conform to our culture. If the girl really doesn't want to wear it, she shouldn't, but if you grow up in an Islamic culture it can be like putting socks on in the morning (I assume).
Isn't it mentioned in the Bible in Chapter 11 Verse 5 and 6, that any woman that dosen't cover her hair has to shave it all off, while if you see in the Quran Sura Nur Chapter 24 Verse 31 the word is 'should' meaning it's a reccommendation, a suggestion, it's being asked not forced upon her. I know this has got nothing to do with the thread and I don't want to derail it....
Original post by Mankytoes
I think that is harsh. The main reason Westeners wear blue jeans is cultural conformity as well. As a species, we tend to conform to our culture. If the girl really doesn't want to wear it, she shouldn't, but if you grow up in an Islamic culture it can be like putting socks on in the morning (I assume).

Yea exactly but again ut doesnt make it right lol to conform cuz everyone else is...i do get what u mean but i have strict muslim parents and so do my cousins yet we made the decision to wear it...i do understand some girls are forced but not all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by skpatel
Nice :/ thats someones daughter/sister ur talking about, come on atleast have a bit of respect
U wudnt take that crap if someone said it about ur sister (if u have one) or ur daughter (if u have one)...or any girl whose dear to u for that matter

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would rather sort the problem of them being slutty out than the problem of them being called hojabis tbh but I get what ur sayin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skpatel
Yea exactly but again ut doesnt make it right lol to conform cuz everyone else is...i do get what u mean but i have strict muslim parents and so do my cousins yet we made the decision to wear it...i do understand some girls are forced but not all

Posted from TSR Mobile

It isn't wrong either though, if it isn't hurting anyone. Why have you all made the decision to wear it? I mean you say it isn't relating Islam to culture, but lets face it, you wouldn't be wearing it if you hadn't been raised Muslim. I'm not saying you are forced to wear it, but there are social pressures here.
I would rather sort the problem of them being slutty out than the problem of them being called hojabis tbh but I get what ur sayin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please stop saying that!!! Dont call them slutty or hojabis...its cringe worthy
And soo wrong
Each to their own...insha'Allah theyl gain the right knowledge and realise their own mistakes
But seriously dont judge someone cuz they sin differently to u

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by All-rounder
HAhahaha, Oh god, I'm going to hell for laughing at that, but it was pretty funny.
I agree with what she's put here and I couldn't have summed it up in any funnier way tbh.

laugh all you want...
Some people here clearly don't know the difference between a hijab and a niqab/jalbaab. Learn...
Original post by GreenArrow
laugh all you want...
Some people here clearly don't know the difference between a hijab and a niqab/jalbaab. Learn...

True say!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by skpatel
Please stop saying that!!! Dont call them slutty or hojabis...its cringe worthy
And soo wrong
Each to their own...insha'Allah theyl gain the right knowledge and realise their own mistakes
But seriously dont judge someone cuz they sin differently to u

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually a male hoe so i sin the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually a male hoe so i sin the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still doesnt give u the right to judge them though does it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
My girlfriend used to wear a hijab. She stopped wearing it a few months before we started going out but it never really changed my attitudes toward her and I doubt that I would really care if she chose to start wearing it again.

Latest

Trending

Trending