The Student Room Group

Are one night stands as bad as they are made out to be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bassetts
I hope they're not as bad as they're made out to be, when/if I have a one night stand. :o:

No offence but can you really see yourself having a ONS? You can't even approach women to have a conversation with them on your own admission, even if you managed to get one into bed you'd probably blow your load the second she touched it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by james1211
No offence but can you really see yourself having a ONS? You can't even approach women to have a conversation with them on your own admission, even if you managed to get one into bed you'd probably blow your load the second she touched it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That would have been the case when I was 18-21. My horniness has calmed a lot since then. I don't even have an urge to masturbate these days (not masturbated in 3 weeks, took over an hour to ejaculate last time I did it, found it tough to remain 'hard' etc.). I think I could last a good amount of time in bed.

You are right about the approaching. But at the same time, I don't have good opportunities to approach any girls or talk to any girls full stop.
Reply 22
I don't have good opportunities to approach any girls or talk to any girls full stop.

Think you kinda proved my point there really then.
Reply 23
Saw this thread, last commented "Bassets" had to see what he had to say.
Reply 24
Think you kinda proved my point there really then.
how did i prove your point? would you walk up to girls in a supermarket or at the gym and start chatting them up? i doubt it. even if you would, i dont have confidence to do that in those situations and a lot of guys wouldnt. it would feel very unnatural. i dont go out and not in social situations enough to approach girls.
Reply 25
Original post by MJ1012
thank you. :blush:
Its what you make of it that really matters
Reply 27
how did i prove your point? would you walk up to girls in a supermarket or at the gym and start chatting them up? i doubt it. even if you would, i dont have confidence to do that in those situations and a lot of guys wouldnt. it would feel very unnatural. i dont go out and not in social situations enough to approach girls.

It proved my point that you won't have a ONS, because as you've just said again you don't do anything where you'd meet girls.
Yes, they are. Roooar. Get out and go home :mad:
Reply 29
I think that ppl find it bad since afterwards you can get pregnant with a totally unknown guy. Thats my reason not to do ONS
Reply 30
Original post by MJ1012

Only reason I even read this one, looking at Bassetts posts is always fun.
It's not something I'm personally into but you have every right to do it.
There isn't just one general answer to that sort of question, it entirely depends on your view. If you're okay with the idea of NSA sex and don't think of it as something "spiritual" or exclusive to two people who supposedly love each other then whatever. Sex is just sex, it's nothing.
Reply 33
It proved my point that you won't have a ONS, because as you've just said again you don't do anything where you'd meet girls.
at the moment yes, but that has time to change in the future.
Reply 34
at the moment yes, but that has time to change in the future.

It's not gonna change unless you change it, if you think it will happen in the future why don't you make it happen tomorrow? Nothing will have magically changed for you in ten years time.

I'm giving you a harder time than you deserve here, i know that, but it is true.
Reply 35
It's not gonna change unless you change it, if you think it will happen in the future why don't you make it happen tomorrow? Nothing will have magically changed for you in ten years time.

I'm giving you a harder time than you deserve here, i know that, but it is true.
i think you are vastly underestimating how difficult it is for a 23 year old highly socially awkward guy who is used to being on his own, having no friends and people taking the piss out of him when he was younger, to simply go out there and 'approach women/meet people'. its not quite as simple as you make it out to be.

dont worry i dont mind criticism and being given a hard time. i like to hear the truth, however harsh the truth may be.
Reply 36
i think you are vastly underestimating how difficult it is for a 23 year old highly socially awkward guy who is used to being on his own, having no friends and people taking the piss out of him when he was younger, to simply go out there and 'approach women/meet people'. its not quite as simple as you make it out to be.

Yeah, i understand all that, my point is that what makes you think it'll be any easier when you're, say, 30? If anything it will be harder, i would start now and at least you'll have seven years practice under your belt even if you're not successful.
Reply 37
Wait, you mean most people dnt do it?
Reply 38
I've never felt that great after certain, uh, encounters. I generally avoid getting with women I don't know because, as someone earlier mentioned, my goal is to find a soul mate. Efforts are stymied if you're banging randomers every week because they ain't looking for that sort of guy (and I'm not looking for that sort of girl).
It's never good enough to justify the risk. Condoms don't prevent herpes yo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending