The Student Room Group

Aqa English grade boundaries for the 5th of November 2013????

What could possibly be the highest grade boundaries for a higher paper in aqa English? I got my exam tomorrow (feeling the butterflies...), and i am really worried if the government decide to increase them?! :confused: :cry2:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do't worry too much, they might raise the boundaries, but you worrying about wether they do or not does not change your mark. Just try get the best you can, everyone will be in the same boat.
Original post by Kitty-meaw
What could possibly be the highest grade boundaries for a higher paper in aqa English? I got my exam tomorrow (feeling the butterflies...), and i am really worried if the government decide to increase them?! :confused: :cry2:

I doubt they will because a vast majority of entries were pulled due to the new government rules. So in order for people to start sitting the November exams again, the grade boundaries will either be low or just the same. This is just my theory.
Reply 3
Original post by possum_box
Do't worry too much, they might raise the boundaries, but you worrying about wether they do or not does not change your mark. Just try get the best you can, everyone will be in the same boat.

I will try and not to worry, i just wanted to know fairly about how many marks are needed to get a certain grade...
Reply 4
Original post by Saad hussein
I doubt they will because a vast majority of entries were pulled due to the new government rules. So in order for people to start sitting the November exams again, the grade boundaries will either be low or just the same. This is just my theory.

I hope your theory is right :biggrin:!

im in the same boat. i need an a* to get an a overall :ashamed2:
Reply 6
Hey For the foundation paper GCSE English . How do you inference ( explain ) question 1 b and question 2 ? Because I always use to write only point and evidence and thought that was it ! Thanks :-)
Reply 7
Original post by cheeseball123
im in the same boat. i need an a* to get an a overall :ashamed2:

I need a top A or A* to get an A overall too:ashamed::ashamed:
Reply 8
I think it'll go somewhere along the lines of:

A* - 58
A - 53
B - 48
C - 43
D - 38
Sounds great since it's out of 80 eh? But remember, these grade boundaries are very mean, since they only have less than 4-5 mark interval.

These were the grade boundaries for several past papers, so might be aswell for this one, who knows. O.o
How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ToLiveInADream
How did it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I literally don't know... the good thing is question 6 was quite easy and 5 too just question 4 i am concerned about. I probably got a B but i am not too sure about an A! :sad:
Did you also do the exam?
I literally don't know... the good thing is question 6 was quite easy and 5 too just question 4 i am concerned about. I probably got a B but i am not too sure about an A! :sad:
Did you also do the exam?

Yup, I did the exam. I really liked Section B (I'm good at creative writing) but really dislike section A apart from Q4. Out of curiosity - what source did you choose to compare with Source 3 for question 4? I did Source 2 but most people in my year did Source 1 for some reason :redface:
Reply 12
Yup, I did the exam. I really liked Section B (I'm good at creative writing) but really dislike section A apart from Q4. Out of curiosity - what source did you choose to compare with Source 3 for question 4? I did Source 2 but most people in my year did Source 1 for some reason :redface:

Ah i did source 1 :tongue:, because i saw a language technique for ''joy'' and i didn't seem to find anything for source 2 because i was rushing it! :K:
I need a top A or A* to get an A overall too:ashamed::ashamed:

sad times for us :frown:
Reply 14

I also compared with Source 2.

How are you feeling for the results on Thursday?
I can barely remember the exam - I just remember something about the X factor and Ewan McGregor. What do you think the grade boundaries will be? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Incredimazing
I can barely remember the exam - I just remember something about the X factor and Ewan McGregor. What do you think the grade boundaries will be? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am hoping they are quite low. :tongue:
Are the grade boundaries released at midnight tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Incredimazing
Are the grade boundaries released at midnight tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are supposed to be.
No update as of yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending