The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Cancer and Immunology at Bristol

I have already got an offer from Bristol, I would appreciate some information from current or ex students -life at uni, satisfaction with the course. I also got an offer from University of Glasgow (Molecular and Cellular biology). Is Bristol better choice? Other unis I aplied for- Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh (still waiting for response)
I'm a current student on this exact course in my 2nd year :smile:

The school of Cellular and Molecular medicine courses all follow the exact same structure for the first 2 years, which a fair amount of freshers don't realise. The society for the subject is pretty damn good, there's a lot of socials of varying types going on. The teaching is generally good (although there's a particular lecturer who most people dread due to how fast she bloody talks) and the course is interesting.

Some of the professors have done really cool things - there's Prof Hollander who was involved in engineering a trachea from stem cells that they transplanted into a woman in Spain, Paraskeva who is a Cancer Research UK researcher for bowel cancer. It's well funded and there's opportunity to do an industrial placement after your second year (there's people in the national institute for medical research and GSK).

Overall I really enjoy it.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending