The Student Room Group

SPGS sixth form entrance exam

so today i just did my st paul's girls school entrance exam and im fairly please with my performance. i was just wondering what other people thought about the exam and which subjects did you take? i did all the sciences and maths :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Meh. It was... Meh.
I think I've done fine on Chemistry and Physics, Maths and French are my only potential FAIL ones :tongue:
Reply 2
Im applying to the boys school, and was wondering what was in your tests (im taking physics, maths history and economics ) as I think the exams wil be similar. What would you recommend revising for the topic
Reply 3
Original post by thedaniel98
Im applying to the boys school, and was wondering what was in your tests (im taking physics, maths history and economics ) as I think the exams wil be similar. What would you recommend revising for the topic

maths is mostly algebra and you need to know quadratic equations, but dont stress too much, personally i didnt find it that hard. i dont think you can really study foe physics because its mostly common sense and approximations. i didn't take either history or economics but i heard that the history is really long and quite hard so i advise you to go over your course. Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by suzylemonade
Meh. It was... Meh.
I think I've done fine on Chemistry and Physics, Maths and French are my only potential FAIL ones :tongue:

maths was OK for me, but physics went terrible, im really not good at approximations :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by sadi16
maths is mostly algebra and you need to know quadratic equations, but dont stress too much, personally i didnt find it that hard. i dont think you can really study foe physics because its mostly common sense and approximations. i didn't take either history or economics but i heard that the history is really long and quite hard so i advise you to go over your course. Best of luck :biggrin:

Thanks, just wondering, were there any equations u needed to know for the physics or or if any questions required them were u given the formulae, best of luck to you as well
Original post by sadi16
maths was OK for me, but physics went terrible, im really not good at approximations :frown:

Oh yes, the atom question! That was an odd one :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by thedaniel98
Thanks, just wondering, were there any equations u needed to know for the physics or or if any questions required them were u given the formulae, best of luck to you as well

i think you should go over velocity and electronics, they are the only questions i can remember from the top of my head. all the equations were given at the front so don't worry :biggrin:
Reply 8
Oh yes, the atom question! That was an odd one :tongue:

LOOL i had to physically measure my fingernail, and it got weirder and weirder, i was so confused at that point, probably because I've never seen questions like that before. hopefully i didn't get it completely wrong :biggrin:
Original post by sadi16
LOOL i had to physically measure my fingernail, and it got weirder and weirder, i was so confused at that point, probably because I've never seen questions like that before. hopefully i didn't get it completely wrong :biggrin:

Haha, me too :tongue: I measured it and then just rounded it down. Just because I could :tongue: It was such a fun question though :biggrin:
Reply 10
Haha, me too :tongue: I measured it and then just rounded it down. Just because I could :tongue: It was such a fun question though :biggrin:

what did you write for the apples? i forgot what i wrote but im guessing it was something ridiculous LOOL :tongue:
Original post by sadi16
what did you write for the apples? i forgot what i wrote but im guessing it was something ridiculous LOOL :tongue:

Well, I made each apple 10cm tall. 10cm= 0.1m
Then I was like- I am 1.73m tall. There are 1.73/10-10 atoms in me.
Then I multiplied 1.73/10-10 by 0.1 to get my height in metres :smile:
So it was like 1,730,000,000 metres tall or something :smile:
Reply 12
Well, I made each apple 10cm tall. 10cm= 0.1m
Then I was like- I am 1.73m tall. There are 1.73/10-10 atoms in me.
Then I multiplied 1.73/10-10 by 0.1 to get my height in metres :smile:
So it was like 1,730,000,000 metres tall or something :smile:

yeah i think i did something like that but i thought you had to compare it with something so i said it will go up to the moon :s-smilie::confused: it sounds so stupid now LOOOL ahh well it will be one of those moments that i can laugh about in the future...
Original post by sadi16
yeah i think i did something like that but i thought you had to compare it with something so i said it will go up to the moon :s-smilie::confused: it sounds so stupid now LOOOL ahh well it will be one of those moments that i can laugh about in the future...

Awesome :biggrin:
Haha, but maybe you were right? How far is it from the earth to the moon? :smile:
Reply 14
Awesome :biggrin:
Haha, but maybe you were right? How far is it from the earth to the moon? :smile:

i researched it and apparently its 384400000 meters away
Original post by sadi16
i researched it and apparently its 384400000 meters away

Yeah, so you were right then :biggrin:
Reply 16
Yeah, so you were right then :biggrin:

hopefully :smile: ahh i feel soo much better now :biggrin: anyway which number were you?
Original post by sadi16
hopefully :smile: ahh i feel soo much better now :biggrin: anyway which number were you?

:biggrin: And I was number 8, so on the first row. How about you? :smile:
Reply 18
:biggrin: And I was number 8, so on the first row. How about you? :smile:

i was 15, i don't think i remember who was on the 8th, i think i was too nervous to pay attention to my surroundings :colondollar:
Original post by sadi16
i was 15, i don't think i remember who was on the 8th, i think i was too nervous to pay attention to my surroundings :colondollar:

You were 15th? I saw you, I think :biggrin: What were you wearing? :smile:

Quick Reply