The Student Room Group

HELP - Finding a centre to sit SAT II tests

Hi all, I really need to sort this out as I have to register before the deadline 8/11.

My school are not a centre and so I have to find one where I can sit the test. However I reside in Coventry and I believe the only school that offer it in the district is Rugby School which is a boarding school.

So I really nice advice/assistance on what to do as I really need to register soon. Do I email local schools and ask them for availability or can I just say I will sit it at that centre through collegeboard.

Thanks
Can anyone help me out?
bump
Will bump this for you

Spoiler

ANyone
bump
Hi Destiel <3,

You need to register for the exam on the College Board website (http://sat.collegeboard.org/register); click on "Register" on the right hand side next to the test date (in this case Dec. 8). You can find the test centres by clicking on "Test Center Search" on the left hand sidebar or by clicking on this link - http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/test-center-code-search). Take note of the Center codes of your closest testing centres and then use them when you register for the exam. The excerpt below is from the the College Board's FAQs:

How can I make sure that I get my first-choice test center when I register?
You will be able to see which test centers have seating availability as part of registration. If the test center you choose is not available, the system will display a reason for its closure. Although your first-choice test center may not always be available, registering early gives you the best chance of finding a seat at the test center you want.

I hope that's helpful and best of luck on the exam!

Laurence
Original post by Greene's
Hi Destiel <3,

You need to register for the exam on the College Board website (http://sat.collegeboard.org/register); click on "Register" on the right hand side next to the test date (in this case Dec. 8). You can find the test centres by clicking on "Test Center Search" on the left hand sidebar or by clicking on this link - http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/test-center-code-search). Take note of the Center codes of your closest testing centres and then use them when you register for the exam. The excerpt below is from the the College Board's FAQs:

How can I make sure that I get my first-choice test center when I register?
You will be able to see which test centers have seating availability as part of registration. If the test center you choose is not available, the system will display a reason for its closure. Although your first-choice test center may not always be available, registering early gives you the best chance of finding a seat at the test center you want.

I hope that's helpful and best of luck on the exam!

Laurence

Thank you very much, I have sorted it out now.

I reside in the Midlands but the nearest available centre is in Cambridge lol :smile:

But yeah thank you for your help.
Original post by Destiel <3
Thank you very much, I have sorted it out now.

I reside in the Midlands but the nearest available centre is in Cambridge lol :smile:

But yeah thank you for your help.

Cambridge is a bit of a trek! Since you have to travel, make sure you get there in plenty of time (or stay overnight), take a snack etc. etc. (all the stuff you probably already know to do). There are lots of good tips for dealing with sitting the actual exam on the College Board website. Good luck!

Laurence
Original post by Greene's
Cambridge is a bit of a trek! Since you have to travel, make sure you get there in plenty of time (or stay overnight), take a snack etc. etc. (all the stuff you probably already know to do). There are lots of good tips for dealing with sitting the actual exam on the College Board website. Good luck!

Laurence

Thank you Laurence my good man. Appreciate the help and advice. Best fo luck to you too whether you studying or not :smile: And idd, nearest other centre is an hour away from me - where I live. Thank you

Dean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending