The Student Room Group

Dashwood Studios

Hi everyone! I took a studio at Dashwood Studios of Victoria Hall, located in 120-138 Walworth Road, London, SE17 1JL. They say they are located in Sothwark, but Google Maps locate it nearer a place called Walworth. The Student Hall is 5 minutes walk from the Elephant and Castle tube station. I'm a girl of 20 years old so I wouldn't like to arrive late night and be in an insecure zone. What do you guys think about it? Does anyone have any experience there? I'm going to attend UCL
Reply 1
Original post by florcorral
Hi everyone! I took a studio at Dashwood Studios of Victoria Hall, located in 120-138 Walworth Road, London, SE17 1JL. They say they are located in Sothwark, but Google Maps locate it nearer a place called Walworth. The Student Hall is 5 minutes walk from the Elephant and Castle tube station. I'm a girl of 20 years old so I wouldn't like to arrive late night and be in an insecure zone. What do you guys think about it? Does anyone have any experience there? I'm going to attend UCL

I am going to attend westminster uni and I have already booked a studio in dashwood. I am a girl of 22 yo but i will live there with my boyfriend. Last year I went to london for my holidays and I stayed in the safestay which is basicly right next door to the dashwood studios. The area is really nice, a lot of shops but not very noisy. And I think it is quite safe. generaly speaking the location is great, close to the center and the underground station. You even have a shopping mall next the the underground station. If you need some more info just write to me.

Hope it was helpful :smile:
I'm also going to westminster, and I was doing a bit of research about it.

What was your experience like there?

I found some reviews for daswood on hall bookers.co.uk and they looked pretty interesting?

What other good options are there in the area?
Reply 3
I'm am currently staying there/have stayed there for the past 4 months. Generally, it is quite a nice room (heating etc are new and in good condition). Staff there are friendly, and any maintenance issue is fixed almost immediately. It also right in front of the bus station and has good tube access. Tesco, boots, superdrug etc are near by. However, the good stuff all stops here. If you get a flatmate from hell - smokes weed/pot (the smell can get to your room), loud noise, partying, shouting, arguing (the walls are also kind of thin), banging, loud music, you're in for a bad time unless you plan to join the party. I am aware it is a studio, and once thought as well what sort of problems you could have living in a studio - trust me, I have REGRETTED IT - management does pretty much nothing to ensure it does not happen again. Imagine having all these problems continuously throughout your year/semester there or even with exams around the corner. I think you might be better off living in other student halls that are cheaper, nearer to your university, better amenities (this place has no gym) and situated in a better part of London (e.g. Urbanest Westminster, Paris Gardens, Iris Brook House). Good luck with your search! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending