The Student Room Group

I am glad I'm white.

I don’t get to benefit from Multiculturalism, positive discrimination, or affirmative action. I don’t get to take anyone’s job or contaminate their neighborhood. I don’t get a month, a day, or even a parade dedicated to my demographic. I can’t be the victim of racism but I can be the victim of reverse racism. There is a blatant media bias against my race, and the only groups that will protest on our behalf are a bunch of racist, goons. So what is good about being white then?

Everything, In terms of social privilege, and economic opportunity, I hit the jackpot. By mere circumstance of birth I was born with a distinct advantage. It is a clear case of right color in the right place. By simply existing with those innate traits I have continued to exploit that advantage. My life has almost certainly been easier and I am almost certainly wealthier because I am white. That advantage is a privilege to be appreciated. It is not an entitlement to be defended.

All of the grievances mentioned in the first paragraph are legit. They are unfair, and those who defend such deliberate policies are misguided. Those who choose to deny the very existence of those trends are delusional. However, I do not mistake the acceptance of this double standard as a malicious agenda to repress my rights. It is simply the logical bias of a social collective which seeks to “level the playing field”. I have no doubt that such anti-white bias will diminish over time as surely as our pro-white advantages will. So what’s the point?

The Op is mainly in response to the many anti-immigration, nationalist threads. In particular, to those who seem to bristle with indignation while ranting the slogan, “anti-racism is code for anti-white.” Get over yourselves. You are not victims. Do you know why immigrants are invading your space? It’s because you are in the best spot. That’s a good problem to have. You were dealt the best hand, and if someone is able to get a few chips, don’t forget that you are holding a winner. All you have to do is play it well.

I grew up poor. I have become well off. My success certainly wasn’t because I am white but neither was it in-spite of it. I am proud of my rise from being a poor white boy, but I am grateful I did not have to make it as a poor black one.

To the whites who disagree with me, I would ask you this. Have you ever wished you were black?

Scroll to see replies

Well I was about to come in here and scream WHITE SUPREMACIST but no

There is an unfortunate bias towards black people
I dislike the notion of 'reverse racism'. It's just racism and we're all equal. It's people like this that encourages the BNP. There's no conspiracy to subjugate non-whites in white countries. It would be quicker to set up concentration camps if we really hated them and we don't.
Cool story bro
Reply 4
No wonder you have negative rep...
Reply 5
Yup another white *******.... Nobody cares your white... Most people should treat you the same as anyone no matter their skin colour and race ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree entirely. It's nice to see someone talking sense. (I am being completely sincere, in case there is risk of this being perceived as sarcasm).
Can't say I agree with your grievances, but you make a good point. People need to stop whining about racism against white people, and the bad effects of immigration on Britain: would you prefer to have your job 'taken', or would you prefer to live in a country where they speak a foreign language, have a foreign culture, and where you get racially abused, at best, at least once a month.
I agree in some senses with the OP. I think in this country there is almost a presumption that you can't be racist towards white people and I think it's mostly because a lot of people are too concerned with appearing racist towards minorities so they're overprotected. The incident with the Santa's grotto in the Bullring is testimony to our fear of appearing racist or insensitive.

I also agree that being born white does put you at an advantage, most of the well paid professional positions are occupied by white people and I hardly think it's a coincidence. You're also far less likely to experience racism if you're white. I'd go as far as to saying being born a white male puts you at the biggest advantage and as for 'positive discrimination' I think it's a contradictory phrase and it's ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Dejomony
Yup another white *******.... Nobody cares your white... Most people should treat you the same as anyone no matter their skin colour and race ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

you didnt even read the whole thing you phallus
Reply 10
I'm glad that you're glad to be white. I'm sure we can all be glad together.
Yep, if ever I'm feeling down, I just take a look in the mirror and say "Look mate, snap out of it - you're white. Be grateful, some people don't have this privilege".

Spoiler

Original post by Dejomony
Most people should treat you the same as anyone no matter their skin colour and race ....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they should, but in many cases they don't, so that's why the OP is glad he's white.
Original post by Watch Key Phone
I agree entirely. It's nice to see someone talking sense. (I am being completely sincere, in case there is risk of this being perceived as sarcasm).

still not convinced. are you serious serious?
Original post by techno-thriller
still not convinced. are you serious serious?

...yes.
Reply 15
I'm glad I'm black. Less wrinkles, going bald isn't a problem, bigger penis, less annoying facial hair, nicer ass, everything looks good on me, basically if you're vain black is the colour to be.
What a nice OP.

I enjoyed the read. This is all completely true.
Good for you m8
Reply 18
Interesting.

Louis CK says it miles better than you.

Although being a white male isn't so much of a privilege now than say, 70 years ago. The privileges of being white has depleted radically over the last few decades because things are changing at a rapid rate.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending