The Student Room Group

Girl/Guy on the train. Your stories

Scroll to see replies

I often travel on trains, but I'm not sure that I'd be likely to develop a romantic relationship with someone I see on a train unless I see them regularly and so have chances to get to know them as a person. As it is, I can't remember ever seeing the same person twice on my train journeys...
Reply 21
I'm usually stoned as **** when I get on a train (The journey is much better like this, no boredom) so **** talking. I just fart and play PS1 games on my HTC.
Reply 22
Original post by Knighted
I'm usually stoned as **** when I get on a train (The journey is much better like this, no boredom) so **** talking. I just fart and play PS1 games on my HTC.

I thought you'll be playing PS1 games on your THC. :awesome:
Reply 23
Original post by Maid Marian
I have no stories.
Nobody has ever stared at me on any public transport. :frown: Except for that time when I nearly fell into someone's lap when the bus started moving :sad:

Still pretending that was an accident?:tongue:
Original post by MJ1012
Still pretending that was an accident?:tongue:

Huh? Of course it was an accident! :colondollar:
Reply 25
Huh? Of course it was an accident! :colondollar:

But were they attractive?:wink:
Original post by MJ1012
But were they attractive?:wink:

Well, it was a 20-30 year old guy, if that answers your question, so I was a bit :colondollar::colondollar:
Reply 27
I have no stories.
Nobody has ever stared at me on any public transport. :frown: Except for that time when I nearly fell into someone's lap when the bus started moving :sad:

Same here

it was so awkward, I was trying to juggle my headphones but they kept coming out, then my hand let go of the bar bus started moving and I nearly fell onto a girl :giggle:. my bum literally was 4 inches from her face

oh dear
This happened to my friend the other day and he clocked the name tag she was wearing and the shop she works at.
Reply 29
ive never really had any of those moments but wish i could... how much interesting the train journeys would be if they did...
Original post by Precious Illusions
This really. Was on a train to Newcastle once, sat across from this guy who was absolutely sloshed and he kept looking at my chest and asking me how old I was etc. Then his wife called to make things even more cringeworthy. :facepalm2:

LAD :cool:
Reply 31
I had a bus story today if you want to count that.

My bus was at the bus station super early after driving past all the other stops before it was supposed to be there, so it was waiting at one of the important ones so it'd there at the right time. I decided to use this time to have a good stare at any pretty girls that were around, and found a good one to stare at in another bus stop. She stands there for ages but then suddenly comes over to my bus, gets on it and sits next to me, despite it being half empty. Nothing else happened though, I was petrified that a stranger had sat next to me out of choice more than anything else, and she didn't say/do anything. I was quite worried she was going to follow me off the bus and kill me or something, but it didn't happen in the end.
There was once this amazing guy on a train :daydreaming:
He was just awesome in just every single way.
placenta medicae talpae was his name, I think.
(edited 10 years ago)
I got some stories....

Sometimes get the train to work and back. This one time, there was a free seat opposite what looked like a young couple. I was 23 at the time. The guy looked 18 and the girl slightly younger. I only assumed they were a couple because they were sat next to each other, despite the seat I was now sat in free.

The guy was asleep, and the girl kept eyeing me up and smiling. I didn't know what to think. The guy woke up at one point and was like "****". He then called someone on his phone and informed someone he fell asleep on the train and missed his stop. He then got off at the next station. That was when we started talking. We basically just laughed about it, I was saying that I thought they were travelling together.

She was kinda cute, but I had no idea of her age, so may have been a bit risky to actually start chatting her up.

Another incident; this fat school girl and her 2 mates sat at the same table as me, complaining about a drunk on one end of the carriage. I had ear phones in, and they thought I wouldn't be able to hear their conversation... But I did. They started talking about me (nothing suggestive, or mean) and when one of them said "Do you think he can hear us?" I took out my ear phones and replied 'yes'.

We then started talking (I can't remember what about) and they asked how old I was (23 at the time). The fat one was leading the conversation and the other 2 friends were like "You're only 15" to the fat one, as if to say she was trying it on with me. When the conversation went dry, I put my earphones back in and stared out the window. They waved to me as they left.

Another time, I sat opposite these 2 lovely looking girls, listening to my music. The prettier one wouldn't shut up about how she got an interview with some celebrity for her radio show. Would have been too far up her own arse to start chatting up. Plus, I'm not confident and cheesey enough to actually make a move on a random stranger I just met on the train.
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
There was once this amazing guy on a train :daydreaming:
He was just awesome in just every single way.
placenta medicae talpae was his name, I think.

Oh you modest, you :h:
Oh you modest, you :h:

One of my many, many absolutely amazing qualities :yes:
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
One of my many, many absolutely amazing qualities :yes:

:adore::adore:
Reply 37
I have lots of these stories!

Once on the tube platform a guy walked up to me and said 'I just wanted to say you are really pretty' and then he walked off haha.

Another time on the c2c an Indian guy struck up a conversation with 'Hi, are you Indian?' Which I'm not, but he carried on talking to me, then he carried on to ask for my number. When I said I have a boy friend he was like 'but we be just friends, just to talk because I want friend' lol yes ok then.

Again on the c2c we were on the quiet carriage and the overhead announced not to everyone not to use their phones. This crazy guy heard it and and went around telling everyone on a phone to put it down 'because the train will crash if you carry on taking' :tongue: then the same guy came up to me and asked if he could have a bite of my breakfast bar because he hasn't eaten in a few days! :lolwut:

Last one, on the platform a guy on the phone walked passed me and said to his friend 'wait a minute' then he asked me how old I was and said to his friend 'a just walked passed a really pretty 19 year old' then he said 'see you later darling' and walked off

Oh and one guy said he used to see me on the train everyday yet I only saw him on the day he spoke to me. Not before and not after! :dontknow:

I love trains :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
I had a girl sit next to me once on the train and we got to talking. She was all flirty so I figured I'd get her number, why not, text her the next day and her bloody boyfriend replies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you lot are all lucky, the closest thing to romance that ever happend to me on a train to birmingham was having a random conversation with a complete stranger about how 50 Shades Of Grey was more than just a sex book. Funnily enough, she was pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending