The best of luck to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
is this the official thread :P
Original post by woody-wood
is this the official thread :P

Carpe diem
Reply 4
If anyone wants advice on Weil, feel free to drop me a message. I've been through the assessment process, and have a TC there to begin in 2015.
Reply 5
has anyone started TC apps yet?
Reply 6
Original post by 95winoj
has anyone started TC apps yet?

I know a fair few people who have. A friend of mine has already been invited to a BLP TC assessment day.
Reply 7
Original post by arrowhead
I know a fair few people who have. A friend of mine has already been invited to a BLP TC assessment day.

haha it seems like not a lot of ppl have started on TSR cause this thread is so inactive (and it's already dec!!)???
Reply 8
anyone apply for HSF? i did their tests a month ago, but still haven't heard back..
For those making straight TC applications, is it worth submitting applications this early?

I assume most firms will put straight TC applications on the back burner while they consider winter/easter/summer VS applications?
Reply 10
I'm doing straight TC applications, unless the firm specifies that it recruits largely through its vac schemes. I haven't done a vac scheme but thus far, out of 4 applications, I've had 4 positive responses (two winter vac scheme interviews, one open day and a TC interview for January) so I don't see any point hanging around and waiting for summer vac schemes to roll around. I need the TC now! Also the magic circle firms and a number of silver circle/city firms interview and offer to non law candidates between now and April.
Reply 11
Original post by inspired username
For those making straight TC applications, is it worth submitting applications this early?

I assume most firms will put straight TC applications on the back burner while they consider winter/easter/summer VS applications?

Many big London firms (esp. magic circle) were doing rolling recruitment when I was applying this time in 2010. I'd got a 2013 MC offer by Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I were to submit applications next week, how long should I be expecting to wait before I hear back from the firms? And if I were to be called in for an interview around when should I be expecting to do that interview? (Or does it vary too much from firm to firm to predict anything?)
Interview with Freshfields in a fortnight, still waiting to hear from Links x
Reply 14
Hey guys. I'm a penultimate law student looking to apply for a TC. Do you guys think it's worth it applying so early when I do not have my second year results out yet? Thanks.
Reply 15
Has anyone been able to find the link to the application forms for Eversheds TCs? They were supposed to open yesterday (3rd March) but I haven't been able to find a link on their GR website.... much appreciated if anyone has detected the link!
Reply 16
Is there any point applying for a TC if you haven't got a vacation scheme? I've been rejected from all of the firms that I applied to at various stages. I've got a small amount of ad-hoc legal work experience and quite a lot of non-legal work experience, with a high 2:1/first from Bristol. I'm starting to think this is just a no-go for me, I'm never going to get accepted anywhere...
Do firms recruit on a rolling basis for TCs? I see that deadlines for most are in July. Do you think its worth applying early?
Reply 18
Anyone had a vacation scheme interview with SJ Berwin? If so, mind saying what it covers?
Thanks a lot..Really cleared everything up :smile:

Original post by jenkinsear
It's a mix. Some have a policy of not reading anything until 31st July. Some read them as they come in. Others do an initial sift beforehand and then read everything that survives after the deadline. I would advise applying as soon as you have your 2nd year exams if you're a current law student or immediately if you're a third year taking a different subject or have graduates.

Latest