The Student Room Group

Need Advice: Worried my second year is messed up

Hey Everyone
I need some advice as I'm really confused and I have lost trust in my Personal Academic Adviser.

Exactly one month a go I had my appointment with my personal academic adviser where I changed my course from forensic to medical sciences. My Advisor filled in the module changes paper and signed. I was told that my new module would be updated with time, however I should attend my new modules and sign the register even when my name wasn't on the list..so I did.

One week after my course change my University blocked my student card I hard time getting around the Uni as I had to ask security to let me in sometimes I was denied. I spoke with my Academic advisor told her my situation she told me my status is "I'm being re-enrolled" and it would take time. So I waited, in the mean time I spoke to student finance notified them about my changes.

One the second week I received and email from my Uni finance department saying that I had to pay my Uni fees or provide them with student finance prof.I emailed them my prof and it took them and other week to enrol me and unblock my student card.

I thought that was the end to all my Uni problems however I was wrong. I accessed my timetable and to my horror I sow my modules wasn't up to date, that's when I spoke to my undergraduate office telling them my course title is changed but not my modules, they told me it's to late to change now and they needed a confirmation email from my Academic. My AA send me the confirmation email saying its late to change therefore she needs the autorotation of this module leaders. So now I might not be able to do my core modules. I don't understand why my AA didn't Change my modules one month ago. I feel stuck and depressed as if I'm refused I don't know how it's going to work out by only doing 2 of my core modules. Any advice?
Thanks for reading.
Go to your Academic Advisor and get this sorted out.

If she wont fix it and tells you that you have to live with the status quo, then make an appointment to see the Head of Dept. Take copies of all the relevant emails with you.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
Go to your Academic Advisor and get this sorted out.

If she wont fix it and tells you that you have to live with the status quo, then make an appointment to see the Head of Dept. Take copies of all the relevant emails with you.

Thanks for your reply I have a appointment with my academic advisor tomorrow to sort it out. However she sent me a email advising me that it be wise to stick to my current modules( which are the wrong modules I haven't been attending). I seriously don't understand her and I can't take her serious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending