The Student Room Group

Which is the best Uni for nightlife ?

Which uni has the best nightlife ?

out of Manchester, Leeds, Exeter, Liverpool and Cardiff ?
(edited 10 years ago)
I went to uni in Liverpool and there's plenty to do in the city when it comes to clubs, bars, pubs etc. But to be honest, if you're going to a city, you should find there's more than enough.
ITT: Everyone names their own university.

It's not possible to objectively state that one is better than another, as it largely comes down to personal preference.
Reply 3
Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Cardiff are all well known for having good nightlife. If you are into gigs and stuff Manchester will serve you well.
Reply 4
Manchester and Leeds for gigs and electronic music.
Reply 5
Wolverhampton is wicked, Bolton too and London met.
Reply 6
Lived in Exeter my entire life and many seem to enjoy our nightlife for a while and thencomplain at how repetitive/boring it is. We don't have a huge selection of nightclubs but uni students always tend to improvise and make the best out of it!
Reply 7
Original post by lefreak
Lived in Exeter my entire life and many seem to enjoy our nightlife for a while and thencomplain at how repetitive/boring it is. We don't have a huge selection of nightclubs but uni students always tend to improvise and make the best out of it!

Dont u lots jus hit beach

my mate bangs beach on the weekends
Reply 8
Original post by SamTew29
Which uni has the best nightlife ?

out of Manchester, Leeds, Exeter, Liverpool and Cardiff ?

do you mean uni or city? cuz those can be very different in terms of nightlife..

for example the University of Sheffield has undoubtedly the best students union in the UK.... annie mac is performing there on Tuesday with duke dumont... they had bondax there a couple weeks ago and skream too.... but Sheffield as a city has no better night life than any other city of it's standard like Leeds, Manchester or Brighton....

and then again if you'd like to know which city has the best nightlife then its obviously London but its expensive as hell and way too big to get around on a student budget..... that fabric doe :eek:
Reply 9
Original post by Banayan
Wolverhampton is wicked, Bolton too and London met.

Well, original question was
out of Manchester, Leeds, Exeter, Liverpool and Cardiff

Of these I'd go for Manchester, followed by Leeds. That's if your into music or sport. But probably Manchester whatever you're into - theatre, art house cinema, gay village, bars...

on now to
Wolverhampton, Bolton and London
Only been to Wolverhampton once, friendly Uni, OK place.
Bolton - SU events very limited, concentrate either on a narrow range of sports or unimpressive gigs (latest was Laura White), not usually well attended.
Bolton town - almost closed down, getting worse week by week.

Wherever you are, make your own nightlife.

Quick Reply

Latest