The Student Room Group

Speedo for holiday?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lotus_Eater
Don't be so sure. I've seen a guy get laughed at for wearing those (albeit not to his face). Without a doubt it's a double-standard but it's so entrenched that I'm not sure there's really that much value in challenging it at this stage.

Highly depends on the place. Europe is fine, even though most men are in shorts. USA - not really :no:
Reply 21
Don't be so sure. I've seen a guy get laughed at for wearing those (albeit not to his face). Without a doubt it's a double-standard but it's so entrenched that I'm not sure there's really that much value in challenging it at this stage.

well id rather not show my willy to loads of people tbh. I can't get naked in front of my cousins and mates!! They are like horses (Italians for you).
Original post by SophieIsTheBest!
Highly depends on the place. Europe is fine, even though most men are in shorts. USA - not really :no:

Fair point. I'd sort of assumed he was going on holiday in Britain which is moronic of me since who would go to a nudist beach in November!
Original post by ShaneJ
well id rather not show my willy to loads of people tbh. I can't get naked in front of my cousins and mates!! They are like horses (Italians for you).

Four legs you mean? Eat a lot of hay? Like to run around with small men clung to their backs? Nothing to feel insecure about there.
Fair point. I'd sort of assumed he was going on holiday in Britain which is moronic of me since who would go to a nudist beach in November!

Assuming he is not going to the US or Australia, the main thing I can say to the OP is just buy both. Heck, my brother loves both speedos and shorts for very different reasons!
Reply 25
Four legs you mean? Eat a lot of hay? Like to run around with small men clung to their backs? Nothing to feel insecure about there.

Yah well you would feel insecure if you was my size!!
Original post by ShaneJ
Yah well you would feel insecure if you was my size!!

How do you know I'm not?! Besides which, if it's a nudist beach then nobody is going to care. If you can count on any group of people to be mature about the human body it's them. Or at least I assume it is.

[seriously though, this is all made up right?!]
Reply 27
Original post by SophieIsTheBest!
Assuming he is not going to the US or Australia, the main thing I can say to the OP is just buy both. Heck, my brother loves both speedos and shorts for very different reasons!

I am going to Italy. I will get both, it is very embarrassing being naked near 13 lads.
Reply 28
like me, if you have a massive penis, definitely wear the spedos
Reply 29
How do you know I'm not?! Besides which, if it's a nudist beach then nobody is going to care. If you can count on any group of people to be mature about the human body it's them. Or at least I assume it is.

[seriously though, this is all made up right?!]

I am serious, my dad is like a nudist and so is his brother. I am like forced to go every year to see my other family and they are stark naked.
Original post by ShaneJ
I am serious, my dad is like a nudist and so is his brother. I am like forced to go every year to see my other family and they are stark naked.

Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous.

I suddenly feel I've not got any right to complain about my family Christmases now.
Reply 31
Horrendous. Absolutely horrendous.

I suddenly feel I've not got any right to complain about my family Christmases now.

Yah! It was not so bad when I was little but puberty has changed that! I just feel so self conscious about being naked ahah. Like I am well below average but they are like horses and just hate it so much when I am in the house or on the beach
Original post by ShaneJ
Okay cool! I am sure there will be a lot of girls there!

Probably, and girls do love tight speedos.
Usually I would say Speedos are a nono, but on a nudist beach noone will care at all. I hope that you feel able to avoid the issue by feeling confident enough to be naked on the nudist beach, along with most of the other people there. The main benefit you will find is that once you have swum naked, you will find it so comfortable that you will not wish to swim with a costume (shorts or speedo) again.
Reply 34
My serious opinion is that speedos are only good if you have a large, thick flaccid and wish to impress women. If not, then go for shorts.

Quick Reply

Latest