The Student Room Group

America trying to get rid of....................

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reform
Rather, shame on you for wanting to impose 'democracy'.

:colone:

Er... when did I say I wanted to "impose 'democracy'"?
Reply 21
Original post by Aj12
Russia had no way of stopping them. Fact is the American people and most of congress didt want a war. Nothing else stopped it

Posted from TSR Mobile

They didn't want a war with Russia why would they considering they are using Russian rockets to get to outer space

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by felamaslen
You think genocidal dictators and oppressors are worth defending? Shame on you.

By killing Gaddafhi the situation was made worse not better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sad really but true.
Although is saddam really a muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Reform
Rather, shame on you for wanting to impose 'democracy'.

:colone:

Democracy is better than what happens in those countries. Iraq has a failing democracy which would have maybe been better if America only did what they supposedly went there to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Truefaith
Democracy is better than what happens in those countries. Iraq has a failing democracy which would have maybe been better if America only did what they supposedly went there to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No thanks.
Reply 26
Original post by Reform
Something we can both agree on, to an extent that is. Shame on you indeed OP.

I'm actually disappointed you called Bashar a Muslim. Rather, he rules by other than the law of Allah and he's a scumbag oppressive dictator.

Smh...

wahabi's like you need to fly into the sun,you Wahhabi think its ok to wage war against governments who can make the lives of their people better like tunisia for example why dont you leave us normal muslims alone? dont pin it all on the shia. sorry but bashar is still a muslim whether you like it or not he hasnt renounced the prophet or allah soo please explain how he isnt a muslim? he's a rubbish one ill give you that.
Original post by Reform
No thanks.

Wow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28

I have one last question.

Are you in support of democracy?

Original post by Ganhad
wahabi's like you need to fly into the sun,you Wahhabi think its ok to wage war against governments who can make the lives of their people better like tunisia for example why dont you leave us normal muslims alone? dont pin it all on the shia. sorry but bashar is still a muslim whether you like it or not he hasnt renounced the prophet or allah soo please explain how he isnt a muslim? he's a rubbish one ill give you that.

Ok.

Ha, reading back on this I chuckled at the phrase 'Wahabi's like you need to fly into the sun'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Psyk
Notice how they were all secular leaders. They may have personally been Muslims ruling majority Muslim countries, but their political ideologies were secular.

Gaddafi is the only one of the three to have anything that could really be called an ideology. Saddam and Assad just pursued power.
Reply 30
shutup you idiot
Reply 31
The ignorance of international relations in this thread is quite frankly disturbing.
Original post by Qari
By killing Gaddafhi the situation was made worse not better

Posted from TSR Mobile

What has that got to do with him being Muslim?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or it may be better if religious fascists hadn't taken over that country and undermined any efforts by Iraqi and American democrats to improve the situation there, and if America hadn't messed it all up by making some dreadful blunders after its initial invasion.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by anarchism101
Gaddafi is the only one of the three to have anything that could really be called an ideology. Saddam and Assad just pursued power.

Well either way, they weren't religious leaders.
Original post by Reform
I have one last question.

Are you in support of democracy?

Ok.

Ha, reading back on this I chuckled at the phrase 'Wahabi's like you need to fly into the sun'.

Its better than one psychopathic leader killing everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by felamaslen
Or it may be better if religious fascists hadn't taken over that country and undermined any efforts by Iraqi and American democrats to improve the situation there, and if America hadn't messed it all up by making some dreadful blunders after its initial invasion.

Yh it could have turned out ok if they only got rid of saddam and left.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure this is true either though. Occupation worked in post-Nazi Germany for instance. In fact, if they'd just got rid of Saddam and left, what I would imagine would have happened is the fascists would have gained control immediately and it would have just descended into Islamist / sectarian hell even faster. I feel sorry for people in the middle east who want freedom; they seem to have no option available to them other than to emigrate.
Reply 38
Original post by Qari
They didn't want a war with Russia why would they considering they are using Russian rockets to get to outer space

Posted from TSR Mobile

Russia would not go to war with America over Syria, its a laughable suggestion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Their intention never was to get rid of Saddam. He was merely their scapegoat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending