The Student Room Group

America trying to get rid of....................

Scroll to see replies

Original post by felamaslen
I'm not sure this is true either though. Occupation worked in post-Nazi Germany for instance. In fact, if they'd just got rid of Saddam and left, what I would imagine would have happened is the fascists would have gained control immediately and it would have just descended into Islamist / sectarian hell even faster. I feel sorry for people in the middle east who want freedom; they seem to have no option available to them other than to emigrate.

Trust me they did more harm than good.
It diddnt work and they ended up killing ridiculous numbers of civilians.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by originaltitle
Their intention never was to get rid of Saddam. He was merely their scapegoat.

Thats also another way to look at it. Just after the oil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Truefaith
Trust me they did more harm than good.
It diddnt work and they ended up killing ridiculous numbers of civilians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not arguing with that, I'm saying that just because the occupation which happened did not go well, does not mean that no occupation could have gone well.
Reply 43
Thats also another way to look at it. Just after the oil.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Except the US imports of Iraqi oil went down after the invasion and have stayed down, if it was about oil they would have invaded their biggest oil trading partners Canada and Mexico. As for their oil companies Chinese, French and Russian oil companies have done better out of the war than any US one
I'm not arguing with that, I'm saying that just because the occupation which happened did not go well, does not mean that no occupation could have gone well.

Its a slim chance of going well. Not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aj12
Except the US imports of Iraqi oil went down after the invasion and have stayed down, if it was about oil they would have invaded their biggest oil trading partners Canada and Mexico. As for their oil companies Chinese, French and Russian oil companies have done better out of the war than any US one

Those countries are stronger than Iraq it was even weaker due to saddam plus that way they could disguise their intentions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
so its ok for these leaders to kill their own people then. it just happens to be that all these countries are run really badly.
Reply 47
Original post by Aj12
Russia would not go to war with America over Syria, its a laughable suggestion

You clearly didn't watch the news at the time then.
And any excuse for a war. Or are you forgetting how world war 1 started

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by Qari
You clearly didn't watch the news at the time then

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did and never saw Russia threatening to go to war with the US over Syria
Reply 49
Original post by Qari
You clearly didn't watch the news at the time then.
And any excuse for a war. Or are you forgetting how world war 1 started

Posted from TSR Mobile

Russia never threatened anybody with anything and the notion that it might go to war with the US is utterly ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Its a slim chance of going well. Not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That I would probably have to agree with, even so it is a shame for the Iraqi people :frown: But yeah, I do think that peace in the middle east will only really come about through people changing their own ideas, not through some outside influence.
Rightly so, Islam is very poor at governing itself. It does not have the scientific rationalism in order to succeed it brings terror on its own people?
Russia only looked out for Syria since it sells weapons, Just like the US looks out for Saudi. Both super powers have no respect for the leaders or their ideology.
Reply 53
Original post by Bill_Gates
Russia only looked out for Syria since it sells weapons, Just like the US looks out for Saudi. Both super powers have no respect for the leaders or their ideology.

Russia is not a superpower.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That I would probably have to agree with, even so it is a shame for the Iraqi people :frown: But yeah, I do think that peace in the middle east will only really come about through people changing their own ideas, not through some outside influence.

Yes i agree.
Its not even the people in the middle east who need to change at the moment. They have to carry on rebuilding their country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Killing Gadaffi has caused more problems than solutions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
The oil argument really makes me laugh. What is the one thing oil markets and the industry need above all else? Stability. What's the main thing war and invasions create? Instability. What is the one benefit of a dictatorship like Saddam or Gaddaffi? Stability. What's the main thing their removal provides? Instability.
All these wars are Zionist globalist wars! are you telling me Paul Wolfowitz isn't a Jew?Sending gentile kids to die in a war engineered by Zionists. I'm telling you all wars in recent history going back to even WW1 and WW2 were Zionist wars.It's all about resource grabbing, land grabbing. Who profits? maybe because Jews own most of these oil and resource companies?
Original post by Psyk
Notice how they were all secular leaders. They may have personally been Muslims ruling majority Muslim countries, but their political ideologies were secular.

Notice also how the first two had broken their nuclear non proliferation treaty obligations and also invaded neighbouring countries.
Reply 59
Original post by MatureStudent36
Notice also how the first two had broken their nuclear non proliferation treaty obligations and also invaded neighbouring countries.

Well I'm not sticking up for them :tongue:

Just making the point that America didn't get rid of them (or support getting rid of them) because of their religion. As you say, there were clearly other reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending