The Student Room Group

Should I bother with more DSA?

Due to ongoing medical and mobility issues due to what is in effect a traumatic brain injury I have applied for and been granted DSA
I was awarded
a laptop plus software including voice to text, text to voice and a mind mapping software
a dictaphone
a printer and scanner
£450 for books and printing ect.

I am currently being assessed for dyslexia as well. If I was diagnosed would it be worth getting reassessed. I don't want to waste my assessors time and it's a 50 round trip to be assessed. I would go but not if they will just tell me they're offering me everything I'm entitled to.

Thanks guys
Reply 1
It depends what your needs are, in regards to your Dyslexia.
Reply 2
So that would mean I would need another assessment? Because I didn't know what I would need before I went to my first one.
My potential dyslexia is to do with spelling, writing, organisation and stuff.
My TBI also includes difficulty in writing and organisation.

I was was offered a human note taker but declined as I would prefer to make notes on what I see as important, and would still decline this if offered again and I cannot think of anything else they could offer as the equipment and software I have already been awarded is so broad ranging.

I've also been given extra time in exams, a smaller room to do the exam in and the use of a computer for exams.

its not like I want more but don't want to miss something obvious that will help my overall mark by not going to another assessment.
Reply 3
You may be allocated further funding for something like one to one tutor support to assist with organisational, proof reading , time management skills etc, but all the dyslexia support software seems to be there.

Quick Reply

Latest