The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Nursing Northumbria

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joetiffin91
Thanks Andi, sounds good. Yeah hopefully hear soon, would put such a big smile on my face, especially so close to christmas. Can I ask what qualifications you applied with Andi? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have lots of very old quals gcses from 1991 really poor a level results and a cert of HE physiology. i returned to learning last year after appointment with northumbria advice and guidance team and was told i only had to do HEFC human biology at gateshead college and got a distinction which i had to work really hard for as i work full time and have 2 boys! :smile:
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
ha ha Joe were you even born when i did my gcse's lol??
Reply 62
Aw great Andi well done. I'm still painfully waiting! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
It's hard to tell how they are doing it. Hope their not going through applications alphabetically lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wahwah1810
ha ha Joe were you even born when i did my gcse's lol??

Love this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's hard to tell how they are doing it. Hope their not going through applications alphabetically lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Joe if i remember rightly from last year and the midwifery process there is no rhyme or reason in the method of going through applications, it seamed to be quite random. try not to worry about that :smile: lol. they must be receiving new applications on a daily basis, last year i was convinced there was a big pile and my application was at the bottom and new ones were kept being added on top of mine!
Reply 66
Thanks Andi. I'm stressing far too much like but would be nice to know soon :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Andi. I'm stressing far too much like but would be nice to know soon :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

well the waiting from interview to decision is 100 times worse lol. But totally understand. Last year I had my application in 8 wees earlier than my friend she got an invite to interview at teesside about 4 weeks before me! refrain from track until 17:15 lol it may eep you a little more sane! fingers crossed you hear something today :smile:
Reply 68
Thanks Andi ill try lol x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Yeah iv been trying to find out as much as I can from last year and it seemed to be within 4-6 weeks. Maybe they're just waiting for so many applications before making decisions. How was your interview for Midwifery?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well we only applied nearly 3 weeks ago so probs a little bit longer to wait for us. Yeah it was canny, was a bag of nerves on the day, but the overall experience was great. We watched a short video and then had 10 mins to answer a question, then we had a group discussion, then finally our 1-2-1's. Wonder what the nursing one will consist of??? :smile:
Original post by Lottie85
Well we only applied nearly 3 weeks ago so probs a little bit longer to wait for us. Yeah it was canny, was a bag of nerves on the day, but the overall experience was great. We watched a short video and then had 10 mins to answer a question, then we had a group discussion, then finally our 1-2-1's. Wonder what the nursing one will consist of??? :smile:

Its pretty much the same lottie85 :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by wahwah1810
Its pretty much the same lottie85 :smile:

Cool if I'm successful getting an interview then hopefully my nerves will be less since I've been through the interview process once :smile: wishful thinking though lol
Reply 72
I still havnt heard anything!... BUT I passed my driving test today :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by joetiffin91
i still havnt heard anything!... But i passed my driving test today :d

posted from tsr mobile

massive congratulations joe!:smile:
God I passed my test 10 years ago lol I feel old
Original post by Lottie85
massive congratulations joe!:smile:
God I passed my test 10 years ago lol I feel old

congratulations. I still haven't heard anything getting a bit impatient now =(
I still havnt heard anything!... BUT I passed my driving test today :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!
Bet you're well chuffed, just hoping for good news :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Thanks girls :-) I'm really really chuffed. I was nervous wreck.. Would be so nice to hear from Northumbria this week too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks girls :-) I'm really really chuffed. I was nervous wreck.. Would be so nice to hear from Northumbria this week too x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations joe! :smile: hope u hear from Northumbria soon :biggrin:
Reply 78
Thanks Andi :smile:
You feeling confident for Monday? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Andi :smile:
You feeling confident for Monday? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes and no Joe! just dont want nerves ti get better of me. Im going to the open day on saturday just to see if it calms me down a bit and if i can get any last minute tips. I just hope my boys dont play up pn sunday night so i have a peaceful relaxing night beforehand! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending