The Student Room Group

Where can I apply for help to cover travel expenses

Travel expenses are working out more that I expected, up to £60 per week.
I am in receipt of maintenance loan/grant and have a part time job but my total expenses are not being covered. I also have a dependent.

Any suggestions?
You could try looking into an access to learning fund at your university. They will look at your circumstances and see if you qualify for some extra financial help. Ask in your students' union or student services :smile:
So what are these travel expenses for?
Just the daily commute to university?
Why did you choose to live so far away?
Reply 4
If it's the daily commute to uni, you won't be able to claim them back. Your student grant and loan are there to cover the costs you have as a student.
Reply 5
Original post by balotelli12
Why did you choose to live so far away?

Good question. I live in the family home and although my course is run by the local uni, it's at one of the campuses outside my home town. I particularly wanted this course but didn't expect I'd have to travel 3 times a week.
Reply 6
Original post by Fluffer
Good question. I live in the family home and although my course is run by the local uni, it's at one of the campuses outside my home town. I particularly wanted this course but didn't expect I'd have to travel 3 times a week.

You didn't think you'd have to be in uni 3 times a week? Afraid there is no help specifically for travel costs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending