The Student Room Group

RAF Final Interview

Hi I have my final 308 interview on Monday and have even doing a lot of revision but am still very stressed could anyone help me and let me know what there's was like do I have to know the terms and conditions off by heart? Thanks for any help people :smile:
Reply 1
Not at all - I revised for a week solid for mine and was so nervous! It wasn't as in depth as the first interview. I had my final interview a few weeks ago. Some of the questions were:

"Tell me about a RAF base in the UK" - he only asked me for one so learn one in depth if nothing else - name, location, squadrons based there (2 will be fine), what type of squadrons are they, what aircraft do they use, what is the purpose of the base. I used a flash card with "where" "why" "who" and "news" to keep revision relevant. If you can, learn a news story e.g. 100 Squadron at RAF Leeming recently trained with French aircraft as part of a Joint Exercise. It'll show you're up to date with current affairs.

"Tell me about RAF aircraft" - this was the tricky bit, I'd only learnt 4 aircraft, he then asked me what aircraft was their biggest carrier transport craft and I didn't know. He also asked me where each aircraft was based and I got a bit muddled up!

I can't remember him asking me to recite the bases abroad apart from asking me where I'd like to go on my first posting, I stupidly said Cyprus then couldn't remember anything about it when he asked why!

There weren't any questions to do with the terms and conditions other than asking how long reserve service is. I'd know the key points of the terms just in case though.

He asked me a good few questions about my trade training, and a couple about basic training.

All in all the interview is nothing to worry about, just put in a bit of work and get some key facts down and you'll be fine :smile: I was so nervous I forgot everything but he was really nice and said I was obviously nervous but had done my homework. Then I started remembering everything on the train back home!! Very frustrating lol :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
There was a live tweet of a 308 interview done a few weeks back on an RAF twitter feed... It was @raf_chris

Scroll through the past tweets and you should find it... Very insightful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest