The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Edge Hotel School students

Hello!

i'm starting a thread for any students who are taking/want to take their Hotel Management degree to the Edge.

see you in Essex sept 2014!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!
I have applied for the sept 2014 start and have my interview on the 25th!
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sade95
Hi!
I have applied for the sept 2014 start and have my interview on the 25th!

Finally!! i've been waiting ages to hear from someone else going, hello!
Good luck with your interview!!
Reply 3
Still haven't 100% made my decision yet, but honestly the interview will determine wether I go or not. Are you gunna live there??
Reply 4
Have you had an interview yet??
Reply 5
Original post by Sade95
Still haven't 100% made my decision yet, but honestly the interview will determine wether I go or not. Are you gunna live there??

yes, i've i'm going to be in Wolfson court. i had my interview back around june, (i went in a bit crazy early) :biggrin: are you planning on living in too??
Reply 6
Yeah, thinking of the towers though.. Spoke to some people and they said it's the best for a social life. What was your interview like? What did they ask? I'm so scared lol!
Reply 7
Original post by Sade95
Yeah, thinking of the towers though.. Spoke to some people and they said it's the best for a social life. What was your interview like? What did they ask? I'm so scared lol!

True the towers are famous for their social time (flat parties!!), I'm right under the towers so i have no intention of missing out!

right Do Not Panic! :cool: here are a few things they asked me...

why did you choose this course?

what can you bring (achievement wise) to the edge hotel school?

there is a lot of course work, will you be able to cope?

the Edge is a hands on learning experience, why would this benefit you? and do you have any similar experience with learning by doing?

where do you plan to be in 5 years?

whats you ultimate goal?

they gave me a scenario type question, it went along the lines of "if you were partnered with someone for a presentation and you were doing most of the work, how would you motivate your partner to get involved?"

and they asked "pretend your the teacher and i'm the student, sell me the edge hotel school"

right do not panic, they are lovely to talk to hint; avoid saying the word um. and try and turn the interveiw around, by this i mean ask them about their own experiences (it puts pressure of you while you think how to answer the next questions!)

Good Luck!:goodluck:
Reply 8
Oh my god! Thank you! M so nervous about it, but I'll let you know how I get on!
Reply 9
I have my interview tomorrow. Hopefully Edge will get back to me soon on their decision!
Reply 10
I have my interview tomorrow. Hopefully Edge will get back to me soon on their decision!
What are your predicted Grades, mine are AAB.
Reply 11
Original post by th13teen
What are your predicted Grades, mine are AAB.

Hey Good luck for tomorrow! i have no predicted grades, i'm doing a VRQ Level 3 in Professional Catering, (we are marked from Fail, pass, merit and achieving distinction. :smile:)

the Edge get back to you really fast! :biggrin: again Good luck! let us know!
Reply 12
Will do! Yeah I am doing a BTEC in Hospitality plus 2 A Levels
Reply 13
excellent!
Reply 14
I'm doing the VRQ in professional cookery too!
Reply 15
Let us know how it goes and what they ask you!
Reply 16

hey! how did your interview go? :smile:
Reply 17
It went alright!
The usual sort of questions, what do you want to do? Why will this course help you? How will you find working in such an intense environment? etc etc, nothing surprising. Some elements were not as I expected and it was certainly weird seeing the place so quiet in comparison to when you go on the open days.
Reply 18
It went alright!
The usual sort of questions, what do you want to do? Why will this course help you? How will you find working in such an intense environment? etc etc, nothing surprising. Some elements were not as I expected and it was certainly weird seeing the place so quiet in comparison to when you go on the open days.

fantastic!!
Reply 19
Well done! I think I'm applying to wolfson courts now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending