The Student Room Group

My law teacher predicted me a C/B for uni when I got an A for AS

This is so unfair how can someone predict you lower? Her excuse is you're getting Cs for your assessments when in fact during AS I got Es and D's for all my assessments and then ended up with an A.

Me and my teacher don't actually really get along socially' we have nothing in common so I don't talk to her casually like the others do in lesson but still this shouldn't be an excuse to predict me that low? And I feel she doesn't like me as she seems always angry or moody when she talks to me when I've done nothing :frown:

I got As for both papers for AS 88% and 85%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Talk to the head of department or head of 6th form. You could get your parents in to complain too and teachers usually give in.
Do not involve your parents. This is something YOU need to sort out with the school.

Talk to your teacher (nicely). Do not be 'teenagery' about this and remain calm and listen to what she has to say. Teachers do not under predict out of spite, whatever you might think of her she wants you to do well and fulfil your potential in life. There will be a reason for her predictions.

If you arent happy with her explanation, go and see someone more senior but again do not just 'yell' at people or make this a personal issue about your relationship with this teacher - that will get you nowhere. You may just have to accept the predictions. And if you are convinced you can do better, then dont apply for Uni this year. Wait until you have known grades (thereby bypassing the entire predictions issue) and apply next year.
Speak to someone higher than her
Original post by abc95
This is so unfair how can someone predict you lower? Her excuse is you're getting Cs for your assessments when in fact during AS I got Es and D's for all my assessments and then ended up with an A.

Me and my teacher don't actually really get along socially' we have nothing in common so I don't talk to her casually like the others do in lesson but still this shouldn't be an excuse to predict me that low? And I feel she doesn't like me as she seems always angry or moody when she talks to me when I've done nothing :frown:

I got As for both papers for AS 88% and 85%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speak to the teacher in question first. Ask her why she has predicted that grade, and try to discuss it with her.
If you dont get anywhere with that, then speak to the head of department. Discuss it with him/her and see if they do anything about it.
If that fails, speak to the headteacher/deputy head and try and sort it with them.
If all else fails, get your parents to speak to the school.
Reply 5
Get the Head Teacher on her..(if your really close with the head teacher) or complain to your HOY
Original post by returnmigrant
Do not involve your parents. This is something YOU need to sort out with the school.

Talk to your teacher (nicely). Do not be 'teenagery' about this and remain calm and listen to what she has to say. Teachers do not under predict out of spite, whatever you might think of her she wants you to do well and fulfil your potential in life. There will be a reason for her predictions.

If you arent happy with her explanation, go and see someone more senior but again do not just 'yell' at people or make this a personal issue about your relationship with this teacher - that will get you nowhere. You may just have to accept the predictions. And if you are convinced you can do better, then dont apply for Uni this year. Wait until you have known grades (thereby bypassing the entire predictions issue) and apply next year.

Although i agree that this is the OP's issue that they need to sort out, sometimes getting parents involved gets results. Yes, people shouldnt go getting their parents involved at every opportunity, sometimes when all else fails, it has to be done.
Reply 7
I hate teachers that cannot teach but pretend to be the best teachers ever..by giving you rubbish marks and being strict just to show off.
Original post by alexberry
I hate teachers that cannot teach but pretend to be the best teachers ever..by giving you rubbish marks and being strict just to show off.

I do hope you manage to grow up a bit before you get to Uni.
Reply 9
I do hope you manage to grow up a bit before you get to Uni.

It is not the case of growing up..It is not my fault you have never witnessed a teacher behaving like that.
Reply 10

That's stupid why should she have to waste a year of her life when she should get an A grade prediction and be able to start uni this coming September. It's not her fault her teacher isn't being fair, and if that means getting her parents involved then why not. It's something her school needs to sort out, she didn't create the problem.
Original post by EL77
when she should get an A grade prediction

Really? You know that for sure do you?
Reply 12
Really? You know that for sure do you?

they were just offering advice(chill....)
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm in a similar situation, just tell your teacher you need a higher grade for your course and i don't think they'll argue back with you. If they do, then take it to the head of department.

All i did was email my teacher and he changed it so don't worry! He seems to hate me despite the fact i got an A in my coursework and he continues to predict me C's, not to mention i am one of the quieter students :colonhash:
Original post by AKKaur
just tell your teacher you need a higher grade for your course and i don't think they'll argue back with you.

The arrogance of 17 year olds.

'I need'.

'I need'.

It's not arrogant.

The stupidity of people.
Reply 16

'I need'.

The arrogance of someone who is an adult and still on the student room :smile:
Original post by alexberry
The arrogance of someone who is an adult and still on the student room :smile:

Haha! I tried to give you rep but can't give anymore, good point though :wink:
I'm an Admissions Tutor.

The sort of adult who will read your UCAS application.
Reply 19
I'm an Admissions Tutor.

The sort of adult who will read your UCAS application.

Still an adult lol. You should know better!!!-maybe we should report you. I do not want someone like you deciding whether or not I should get an offer
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending