The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

i was wondering this....i can anticipate the answer though....which is annoying cause i've got a nice new mini-fridge!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
1987 Naomi
I was just wondering if Lancaster Uni let you have a mini fridge in ur room in halls??
Its just a lot of unis dont!

Can anyone help ?? :confused:

A mini fridge is not allowed but can be if it is for medical reasons. However, i know lots of people who have one. They just keep it in there room and when there is a room check (which you will get told about in advance) they just hide it.
Reply 3
Yeah I've had one all year without any problems.
Reply 4
:smile: I'm taking mine. I don't care lol
Reply 5
im not that lazy, ill just walk to the main fridge in the kitchen :|
Reply 6
didn't even know you couldn't have one - my flatmate had one all year to put milk in becasue she was addicted to tea and didnt want to walk to the kitchen every time she wanted to make a brew!
Reply 7
Oh I think I'll do the hiding technique!!

I just want to keep cans of coke in my room so if im thirsty during the night I can grab a drink instead of going to the kitchen in my pj's!! Lol!!

Where do you hide them??
Any suggestions??
1987 Naomi
Oh I think I'll do the hiding technique!!

I just want to keep cans of coke in my room so if im thirsty during the night I can grab a drink instead of going to the kitchen in my pj's!! Lol!!

Where do you hide them??
Any suggestions??

I've never had the need to hide mine, but if you need to (if you have a room inspection etc) then just stick a blanket over it!
Reply 9
danjc
I've never had the need to hide mine, but if you need to (if you have a room inspection etc) then just stick a blanket over it!

And write 'this isn't a fridge underneath here' on a piece of paper on top :wink:

Bang it under your bed or in your wardrobe which you should be able to lock, safe no problems.
Reply 10
Beigel
didn't even know you couldn't have one - my flatmate had one all year to put milk in becasue she was addicted to tea and didnt want to walk to the kitchen every time she wanted to make a brew!

So she broke the other rule by having a kettle in her room also! :p:
When an inspection comes round just put it in the kitchen and say you didn't have enough space in the main fridge!
Reply 12
LubyLoo
So she broke the other rule by having a kettle in her room also! :p:

:frown: Your not allowed a kettle either?? Bummer!
You're not allowed an oven either!!!! :smile:
Reply 14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not allowed an oven either!!!!

wat u want an oven for???????
I was being sarcastic!
Reply 16
Are you allowed a dishwasher, fridge freezer, and tumble drier.... '' No''.....Shame!!
Haha!!
Build your own little kitchen and then you can bring all these things for it! :biggrin:
disguise your fridge as a television....and disguise your television as a fridge.

therefore you can't get done by the room inspectors or the TV license people!
Change the doors round so that when the inspection comes your room is mistaken for someone elses with all your disallowed stuff in it! Then they get blamed for it all :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending