The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Absolutely nuked my GCSEs but have good A levels.

I know you guys most likely get this question hourly but I completely bombed my GCSEs during school (I got mostly Cs) and continued my studies outside of school at a private college. I now have 5 A* in Mathematics, Economics, Law, Physics and English Literature. I'm taking this year out but for applying in the future, would I still stand a good chance of getting in with such poor GCSEs?

Edit - I want to do Economics at LSE.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nice A level Results! What exactly did you get in your GCSEs? Im sure it isnt that bad :smile: and how did you manage to get 5A*s if you got Cs at GCSE level, did you just work extremely hard or something? Im just curious thats all :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by keny960
Nice A level Results! What exactly did you get in your GCSEs? Im sure it isnt that bad :smile: and how did you manage to get 5A*s if you got Cs at GCSE level, did you just work extremely hard or something? Im just curious thats all :smile:

OP has 5A*s at A Level ...
OP also has 1 post count ....

1/10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
What exactly do you want to do? Where do you want to go? That's a very wide range of A level subjects. Well done on the excellent results though.
Nuked is a good thing mate

:lol:
Reply 5
Original post by kalios
What exactly do you want to do? Where do you want to go? That's a very wide range of A level subjects. Well done on the excellent results though.

I'm looking at doing Economics at LSE.

Original post by keny960

I don't have them to hand atm but I believe I only got two As. The rest were Bs and Cs. I did my A levels through various distance learning colleges so no entry requirements were needed as long as you paid for the course. A bit of hard work was also required as well as the aid of a private tutor.

Original post by HelpTheInnocent
OP has 5A*s at A Level ...
OP also has 1 post count ....

1/10

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found this forum through my research into the topic of getting into LSE and just signed up. Do one.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
econ at lse is ridiculously hard so prob not but other good unis you could get into
Reply 7
You could get in. Did you have any extenuating circumstances to explain your poor GCSE score?

Since you have 5A*s you definitely will be considered, I think your poor GCSEs is something that should be addressed by your teacher in his/her reference that he/she writes for you.

If you write a very strong PS, I'd say that you're very likely to get an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest