The Student Room Group

What should i do when people laugh at me?

:wink: :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

As much as possible, try not to let this complete loser win. He is a typical example of the kind of bully who acts out against others because of his own manifest failings.

That said, he's crossed a line so report him to the college and if he tries to assault you again (which is what he did) then tell the police.

If you retaliate you're giving him far too much power and could risk this getting out of hand.

It might be of little comfort now but you're doing something with your life and he's going nowhere. You will definitely get the last laugh.
Reply 2
He sounds like an ********. If someone tried to grab my butt without my consent I'd flip my **** at them. My advice here would be to basically slap him, as he has no rights to do such a thing, although it could be dangerous as they could hurt you back. Ugh I get so angry at these people. :argh:

I'm not very good at advice in this kind of situations, but people like this tend to do these things because they know the person they're attacking won't defend themselves. I wouldn't suggest sending the pics to the boss. You're better than them.

Can't you take another bus? If you can come up with some good remarks, then maybe that'd help to shut their stupid mouths, but in some occasions it'd only help them laugh more.

I'd report him to the police if he doesn't stop. He's basically harassing you.
(edited 10 years ago)
get yourself some self defence spray. Or scream rape the next time he touches you.
Okay thank you :smile: however if i report it to college no one else witnessed him grabbing at my bum so he would just deny it?
I think he like you :sexface:
I would say move to sixth form.
Original post by artixmartz
He sounds like an ********. If someone tried to grab my butt without my consent I'd flip my **** at them. My advice here would be to basically slap him, as he has no rights to do such a thing, although it could be dangerous as they could hurt you back. Ugh I get so angry at these people. :argh:

I'm not very good at advice in this kind of situations, but people like this tend to do these things because they know the person they're attacking won't defend themselves. I wouldn't suggest sending the pics to the boss. You're better than them.

Can't you take another bus? If you can come up with some good remarks, then maybe that'd help to shut their stupid mouths, but in some occasions it'd only help them laugh more.

I'd report him to the police if he doesn't stop. He's basically harassing you.

I can't take another bus as the one i'm taking is free otherwise it would cost me £9 return as it is so expensive :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by techno-thriller
I would say move to sixth form.

They don't do my course there and i like everyone who is in my class so wouldn't want to move just for one jerk.
Original post by Just Another Girly
I think he like you :sexface:

Trust me, he does it all sarcastically to try and belittle me. He thinks i'm dirt. Also, he has a girlfriend.
Fart in their face.
Mock the way they laugh.
WOW what a jerk....if i thought I'd need suceed id offer to knock him out:wink:
With the bus thing can't you like put in headphones and crank the volume up loud to make it obvious you cant hear him, also don't look at him just look out the window. Or can't you get like a train or an earlier bus or something.
Dont give this fatty a reaction. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Just Another Girly
WOW what a jerk....need me to knock him out?:wink:
With the bus thing can't you like put in headphones and crank the volume up loud to make it obvious you cant hear him, also don't look at him just look out the window. Or can't you get like a train or an earlier bus or something.
Dont give this fatty a reaction. :smile:

I tried the headphone thing before, basically as i'm at the back no one knows i have headphones on as they can see them so they think i can hear him, if i sit nearer him, he will do it for longer :frown: if i look out the window, he goes, "sexy, don't ignore me" etc. I can't get another bus as it a special college bus which takes us there and back for free, normal buses cost £9 return and there is no train :frown:
Original post by sosadsosad
Fart in their face.

Tough thing is he is like 6ft and i'm only 4ft 11 haha :biggrin:
Original post by luckylaurax
I've got a dilemma so i thought i would ask TSR as you always know best :biggrin: Basically, when i was at school i was constantly laughed at by a boy who i took art with. Lets call this boy "Ben". I was laughed at because i was apparently a loser, fat and a geek because i got A*'s/A's at GCSE. Because of these labels, he managed to get the whole YEAR to ignore me. He used to put paint in my bag and put glue in my hair and resort to the old fashion name calling to terrorise me as we had art together. I just ignored it as i was scared in case i got in trouble and because i thought he would get bored and eventually give up but that didn't happen. I didn't go to sixth form as i didn't want it to continue so went to college instead. However, i found out Ben in September had joined the college as he had failed his GCSE's so couldn't go to sixth form and was taking the same bus as me which is an hour journey. On the second day of college, when we were walking on the bus, Ben went and grabbed my butt for a few seconds and started laughing when he saw my shocked face. He started wolf whistling when i walk past and stands up to walk to the back where i sit alone and shouts the SAME thing basically every night so everyone hears and they have started to laugh at me and join in, "Oi, sexy wanna come to mine for some hot sex tonight?", "fancy me taking you out for some chicken?" or "why do you sit alone, wanna join the cool bus crew?" This only happens when i have to sit at the top of the bus where he is with his mates as there is no seats at the bottom. I ignored everything he said because i have no witty remarks to say back to them and would make myself look more of a fool plus i have no confidence so would be scared. He works at poundland at a weekend and he has pictures of himself naked with him only covering his crotch on Facebook. I thought maybe i should print the pics off and send it to his boss but then again i thought maybe they wouldn't care plus Ben wouldn't know it was me who did it? Or should i come up with some remarks to say back to him as he says similar things each time? Also, what should i do if he tries to grab my butt again? Please help!!!!

This is a good strategy, get water and some ghost chillis. Chop up the ghost chillis and put them in the water (which should be in a spray bottle) and wait for about a night for them to soak. Then the next time the pervert tries touching you,spray it on his skin, it burns.
I tried the headphone thing before, basically as i'm at the back no one knows i have headphones on as they can see them so they think i can hear him, if i sit nearer him, he will do it for longer :frown: if i look out the window, he goes, "sexy, don't ignore me" etc. I can't get another bus as it a special college bus which takes us there and back for free, normal buses cost £9 return and there is no train :frown:

Have you like tucked your hair behind your ear to show that the headphone is firmly planted in your ear? Also don't you have any mates that get the same bus?
Tough thing is he is like 6ft and i'm only 4ft 11 haha :biggrin:

Buy a step ladder :wink:
You have to stand up for yourself. Realise this piece of crap isn't worth the space he takes up by existing and start humiliating him in front of all his friends (who are also all douches).

Oh and also remember this guy will be going nowhere in life if he continues on like he is, whilst you will be achieving whatever you want.
(edited 10 years ago)
Nope they live in the opposite direction and one friend who goes to college once a week comes sits on the bus with me on a Friday however they don't say anything if she is there for some reason...

Unity in numbers. they know alone your vulnerable and they can see what they're saying is affecting you but when your with a mate that shows your not alone and someone will have your back.:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending