The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Film and Television Production Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryancshar
Don't worry, I still haven't gotten an offer as well. *Refreshes track for the 50th time in the last hour* Oh sorry! haha :wink:

Hahaha I've been doing the same with my email and the UCAS track all day
University of York
York
Original post by Ylenezmrios
Hahaha I've been doing the same with my email and the UCAS track all day

I was doing the same. I'm sure if they got back to me and others today, it won't be too long :smile:
my ucas was only sent off a week ago and i haven't heard anything back yet (as i expected) but i can see that a lot of people have had interviews and offers, are my chances pretty much in the bin?
Original post by thatalienET
my ucas was only sent off a week ago and i haven't heard anything back yet (as i expected) but i can see that a lot of people have had interviews and offers, are my chances pretty much in the bin?

Not at all. It took about 2 weeks for York to invite me to interview, however they must do it in batches as some people who were invited to an interview the same day as me got their invitation just 2 days after sending their application. I'm pretty sure they do 3 sets of interviews also - November, January and March (however, don't quote me on that) :smile:
Original post by Photographer406
Not at all. It took about 2 weeks for York to invite me to interview, however they must do it in batches as some people who were invited to an interview the same day as me got their invitation just 2 days after sending their application. I'm pretty sure they do 3 sets of interviews also - November, January and March (however, don't quote me on that) :smile:

thank god i can breath now, its my first choice and i really want to go there
Got an offer yesterday! Hoping to see you guys there in October! What's everyone doing for accomodation??
Original post by 07harris
Got an offer yesterday! Hoping to see you guys there in October! What's everyone doing for accomodation??

Congratulations! I looked on my you@york thing and you can apply in May but I really want to be on Hes East as I love the newer accommodation.
I just got an offer as well!! I am so so so so happy! ^_^
Congratulations! I looked on my you@york thing and you can apply in May but I really want to be on Hes East as I love the newer accommodation.

Yeah same! Hes East's accommodation looks brilliant! Helps that it's closer to the department too!
Does anyone know how long is the course? As in weeks.

I was looking at the accommodation and prices, and it looks like most of the contracts are 40-44 weeks long.
Does anyone know how long is the course? As in weeks.

I was looking at the accommodation and prices, and it looks like most of the contracts are 40-44 weeks long.

All courses are 30 teaching weeks, so the 40 week let is teaching time+4 week Christmas+4 week Easter+2 weeks end of term. 44 weeks are for upper years only. There are a few 36 week lets where you have to more out over Easter, but they're only on Hes West. Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by ninaballet
All courses are 30 teaching weeks, so the 40 week let is teaching time+4 week Christmas+4 week Easter+2 weeks end of term. 44 weeks are for upper years only. There are a few 36 week lets where you have to more out over Easter, but they're only on Hes West. Hope this helps :smile:

Oh, thank you for the break down explanation. It really helped me understand more about accommodation contract lengths.

Now looking at the financial bits, do you know anything about "National Scholarship Programme at York"? I know you need to have a house income of 35000 or less in order to be eligible, but how do you apply for it and when?
Oh, thank you for the break down explanation. It really helped me understand more about accommodation contract lengths.

Now looking at the financial bits, do you know anything about "National Scholarship Programme at York"? I know you need to have a house income of 35000 or less in order to be eligible, but how do you apply for it and when?

As far as I can remember, you don't apply, York just offer it to the people you need it, presumably with information from Student Finance. I'm not 100% certain on that though so you might want to email the finance office to check.
Hi everyone,

I got an offer yesterday and I was just wondering if anyone knew how many placements there were on the course? Is it quite large or intimate?
Original post by KateMAJohnson
Hi everyone,

I got an offer yesterday and I was just wondering if anyone knew how many placements there were on the course? Is it quite large or intimate?

Hi there, I am not sure, but I think on one of the open days they said that only about 50-60 people get into the course. But I don't really remember.
Hi everyone,

Around 400 apply, of which 100-150 receive offers for an eventual 60ish places. Did you have your interview recently aswell and congratulations :smile:
Around 400 apply, of which 100-150 receive offers for an eventual 60ish places. Did you have your interview recently aswell and congratulations :smile:

No, I was just given an offer 2 days after applying! Congratulations on your offer too, and thanks for the response
No, I was just given an offer 2 days after applying! Congratulations on your offer too, and thanks for the response

Wow, that's quite impressive to get an offer without interview!
hi guys! ahh reading your responses with your interviews really got me nervous! and congratulations to those who got their offers already! i just got an email regarding my Skype interview (i'm an international student) and am so nervous for it already. can i ask what sort of questions did they asked for your interview? and how was it? :s-smilie:
Hi everyone,
It's great to see you all getting on with interviews - I remember how horrifically nerve wracking it was!
I'm on the course atm, and am loving it, but I saw someone ask about accomodation and I thought I might impart some knowledge:

Alcuin, i believe, is behind the library, but it's deader than a doornail.

Constantine is my college. It's new this year. I'm in a standard room, and I have a 3/4 (ie a double) bed, a pretty large room, a shared bathroom, and I'm in a flat with 12 people. Our accommodation is the nicest, but it's quite quiet in terms of going out, and the niceties do come at quite a hefty price.

Derwent has an awful reputation, and everyone hates it. The accommodation is pretty shabby, but the college spirit is incredible. I have friends in Derwent who go out every night. I think the flats are quite big (about 20 or so people), but my friends there absolutely love it. (but I think the beds are pretty tiny ie smaller than a single from what I know of)

Goodricke have the worst Hes East acc. They only have single beds and quite small rooms. I'm not sure how they are on college spirit, but it is the easiest college for the course, as you're literally a 2 minute walk away at the very most.

Halifax. Oh Halifax. If you can avoid it, don't apply for Halifax. Not only is the acc. pretty ****, but it's hella far away from EVERYTHING. I'm sure the people there are lovely, but it's usually filled with people who applied through clearing and get the last pick. Yeah, I wouldn't go for Halifax.

James is a really sporty college and is really close to all the sport facilities. I was told on my open day it was the 'posh' college, but isn't really. I think they supposedly have the best formals, but I wouldn't know.

Langwith have almost Constantine quality acc (almost!), have really good college spirit, free food thursdays, a bar in the middle of their college and yeah. I really recommend Langwith.

Vanbrugh are really musical, and that's about all I know about Vanbrugh.

I know absolutely nothing about Wentworth. I don't think I've heard good things though.

And that's all the colleges :smile: The process of applying happens after you get your results, and you get an email at a point during the day which allows you access to the application site. It's fairly straight forward, but you do want to be speedy, as obviously people who get their email at the beginning of the day get a wider selection then those who get it at the end. But you guys don't need to worry about that for now. Good luck in your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending