The Student Room Group

Sports and Exercise Science Offers / Applicants 2014

I applied for Sports and Exercise Science on the 25th oct, predicted A*AB but didnt do well in ASs ABCD.
offers-
Loughborough AAB (1st Nov)
Leeds AAB (7th Nov)
Sheffield Hallam 300 ucas points (insurance) (6 Nov)
Birmingham ABB (1st choice) (6 Nov)
Edinburgh's my 5th and hopefully my insured, anyone know when we'll hear from them?
Anyone else got offers?

Scroll to see replies

That's so good! I've put Birmingham as my first choice too but I only sent it off today so obviously haven't had any offers! I didn't do as well at as a I should of done as I got bcdd but I'm predicated AAB so hoping I get offered a place!
Reply 2
Original post by hannahhdavey
That's so good! I've put Birmingham as my first choice too but I only sent it off today so obviously haven't had any offers! I didn't do as well at as a I should of done as I got bcdd but I'm predicated AAB so hoping I get offered a place!

Eek thats exciting, You should do! And if you have a good personal statement they will ofer you a place, good luck, let me know if you hear from them! It took them 2 weeks to reply to me :rolleyes:
Original post by Loldean
Eek thats exciting, You should do! And if you have a good personal statement they will ofer you a place, good luck, let me know if you hear from them! It took them 2 weeks to reply to me :rolleyes:

Thanks! Yeah I think my personal statement is quite good so hopefully will get a place! Yeah I will let you know! :smile:
Reply 4
I applied for Sport Science on 7th November and my predicted grades are A*AAA. I now have offers from Leeds: AAB and Birmingham: ABB but am still waiting to hear from Durham, Edinburgh and Bath (my first choice). Has anyone heard from Bath yet?
Reply 5
Original post by nat59
I applied for Sport Science on 7th November and my predicted grades are A*AAA. I now have offers from Leeds: AAB and Birmingham: ABB but am still waiting to hear from Durham, Edinburgh and Bath (my first choice). Has anyone heard from Bath yet?

My friend has but she applied mid october, shes prdicted A*AB and got offered AAA!! You'll be in the next batch!
Got offers yesterday from cardiff met-320 points and loughbourgh AAB! Still waiting to hear from the others!
Reply 7
Applied for Leeds (1st Choice), Bath (2nd Choice), Exeter, Leeds Met and Sheffield Hallam. (Doing a college course so couldn't apply for Birmingham or Loughborough) Application went off yesterday.

Struggling to decide between Leeds and Bath, I've been to both and loved them both. But at the moment im leaning towards Leeds. Any opinions?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
What would be a good universities to study sport science but with lower grades?
Reply 9
Original post by napsy

Leeds Met offer 300 UCAS, which isnt too bad. Their course for Sport Science is really good, they have the HQ for BASES.

This may help too:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Sports+Science
Reply 10
Original post by napsy

Chester, leeds met, teeside any ucas point uni! Sheffield hallam is te best though!!
Reply 11
Original post by Loldean
Chester, leeds met, teeside any ucas point uni! Sheffield hallam is te best though!!

Original post by Ryan634
Leeds Met offer 300 UCAS, which isnt too bad. Their course for Sport Science is really good, they have the HQ for BASES.

This may help too:

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Sports+Science

Cheers for your answers!! Chester and Leeds met have been two of my choices. Also considering Gloucestershire, Kingston and Edge Hill. Any thoughts about these? I know Edge Hill is not that high in rankings, but they are making a huge sport facility construction and it looks really good!
I applied on Tuesday(17th Dec) and received an email from UCP Marjon with a conditional offer yesterday. I have also applied for Portsmouth, Bath, Exeter and Southampton Solent;predicted UCAS points for me 420. Anyone heard from any of these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard from Portsmouth-280 ucas points
How long did it take for them to give you an offer since you sent your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier, Dundee, Aberdeen and Robert Gordon - Not heard anything back yet but only applied a few days ago.
Original post by luccxxx
How long did it take for them to give you an offer since you sent your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

About 2 weeks but it might take longer now as they have broken up for Christmas now! Don't worry if you don't here anything till after Christmas :smile:
Reply 17
I've applied to uni of Birmingham,Uni of Leeds, Uni of Exeter, Northumbria and uni of Lincoln and had offers from Northumbria, Exeter and and Lincoln with predicted grades D* D* in Sport and Exercise Science BTEC and an A in Psychology and A in Biology. Really want offers from Birmingham and Leeds as one of those will definitely be my first choice! just hope they consider my BTEC. Good luck everyone with your offers :smile:
Reply 18
Leeds met or Sheffield Hallam?! struggling to decide between them both, and just got an unconditional for Sheffield ! any advice?
Reply 19
Have offers from Gloucestershire, MMU and Kingston uni! Still waiting for Portsmouth and Chester.

Quick Reply

Latest