The Student Room Group

I don't understand

I met a guy 9 months ago. He has outright told me he likes me but says he won't go on a date with me as I turned him down in the beginning. His friends have said he is stubborn and even though he likes me they said his pride means a lot.

He travels 40 miles to come for a night out. I didn't go out on Friday as I had other commitments and he told friends he was annoyed I didn't go even though everyone knew I wasn't going.

He was meant to come out this Friday too and dropped out because I put my name down on the Facebook event. I feel like he is playing games. I like him but need advice as I know this is a bad situation.
He sounds like a fool. Only a fool would let pride stop you for getting what you wanted like this.

What exactly does he expect? He says he won't go on a date with you but is annoyed you aren't there on a night out? Sounds like he's creating imaginary rules that make getting together "acceptable", i.e not going on a formal date, just getting together casually, or something like that. So yes, games, though he probably isn't intending to confuse you, he just has his own silly ideas.

I wouldn't worry too much over him. Someone so childish and proud needs to get over themselves.
Reply 2
Maybe you should just tell him you like him? Because it doesn't seem like it's an issue of pride, rather it seems as though he doesn't think there's any point since you rejected him the first time.
Even if you manage to get into a relationship with him, do you really want to? He sounds manipulative and passive-aggresive and unless a guy looks like Colin Firth, the whole 'pride' thing really isn't cool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending