The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by LauraDuffy
Hey all, I've applied at Coventry, Northampton, Sheffield Hallam, Derby and Cumbria.

Been selected for an interview at Coventry on the 11th December so far! So nervous!

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hi! I've applied to Coventry too! Hope yours went well
Can you help me please? :O What did they ask etc

All the best :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by Catherine_H
Just received an invite for an interview at Oxford Brookes :biggrin:

Hey Catherine!

Congratulations on your offers and interviews! Hope they go well :biggrin:
I've applied to Brunel and Oxford Brooke's too! Only a couple of days ago though

May I ask, what your grades were? And what your predicted grades are

Thank you:smile:

xo
Reply 42
Hey, yeah it went well thankyou, got given a conditional offer :smile:

Don't stress about it, it's nothing to worry about I promise. You watch a video relating to occupational therapy and then you're put into a group and you're asked to have a discussion about it. The second group task is a little scenario where you're stranded in a dessert island and you've got 20 items but you can only choose 10 of them, so as a group you all have to agree on 10 items. The written task is just some basic questions relating to the group task and your knowledge of occupational therapy.

The best advice I can give is even if you're little shy normally, you've really got make the effort to speak up and be confident in yourself and what you're saying. Also make sure you've got a really good grasp of what occupational therapy really is. I hope that helps!

Where else have you applied?
Reply 43
Hey everyone!

I've applied for bsc O.T. at Coventry, Brunel, Oxford Brookes, Plymouth and East Anglia

So scaryyyyyyyyy and the welcome/thank you emails are making it all feel too real :O

I was wondering what everyones grades were? My predictions are BCC and I don't think it's good enough, because they want BBB but I think I have a strong personal statement
Hope they call me for an interview or something D:

Anyway, all the best to everybody!!
Reply 44
Hey, yeah it went well thankyou, got given a conditional offer :smile:

Don't stress about it, it's nothing to worry about I promise. You watch a video relating to occupational therapy and then you're put into a group and you're asked to have a discussion about it. The second group task is a little scenario where you're stranded in a dessert island and you've got 20 items but you can only choose 10 of them, so as a group you all have to agree on 10 items. The written task is just some basic questions relating to the group task and your knowledge of occupational therapy.

The best advice I can give is even if you're little shy normally, you've really got make the effort to speak up and be confident in yourself and what you're saying. Also make sure you've got a really good grasp of what occupational therapy really is. I hope that helps!

Where else have you applied?

omg! thank you soooooooo much for your help, I appreciate it

Congratulations on your offer!!

I've applied to Plymouth, East Anglia, Brunel and Oxf Brookes :smile:
What were your pred grades and what's your offer? :smile:

Thank you agin!
Reply 45
Original post by samiwami
omg! thank you soooooooo much for your help, I appreciate it

Congratulations on your offer!!

I've applied to Plymouth, East Anglia, Brunel and Oxf Brookes :smile:
What were your pred grades and what's your offer? :smile:

Thank you agin!

No problem, always happy to help when I can :smile: Thankyou, I was so pleased when I heard back from them!

Predicted grades were ABC but Coventry want me to get BCC.

Which is your first choice?
Reply 46
No problem, always happy to help when I can :smile: Thankyou, I was so pleased when I heard back from them!

Predicted grades were ABC but Coventry want me to get BCC.

Which is your first choice?

I bet you were! Did you have a lot of OT work experience?

And tbh I don't have a first choice, would love to go to Oxford Brookes or East Anglia but they're really scary about grade requirements, especially Plymouth. I'm worried because I need BBB and I've been predicted BCC, my school are rats
My chances seem very slim D: but I'll go as it goesss

Where else have you applied? L)
Thanks again
Hey Catherine!

Congratulations on your offers and interviews! Hope they go well :biggrin:
I've applied to Brunel and Oxford Brooke's too! Only a couple of days ago though

May I ask, what your grades were? And what your predicted grades are

Thank you:smile:

xo

Thanks - good luck to you aswell! Brunel tend to be quite quick at responding so you'll probably hear from them as soon as everyone goes back to work after Christmas :smile:

I do BTEC so it's a little different but my predicted grades are D*D*D
Reply 48
Original post by spongebob31
hey i have an interview at teeside on the 8th too! has anyone applied for northumbria? and heard back?

Hi,
I have applied to Northumbria amongst others and have an invitation to attend an assessment day on 29th January.

I am obviously nervous but excited at the same time. Have you heard anything yet?

Michael
Hi,

I have applied to the University of Bradford and Sheffield Hallam University and I am very nervous as I have a interview at Bradford Uni on the 31st January 2014 and have had no reply so far from SHU.

Can anyone please help me with any interview tips??

Rebecca
Reply 50
I bet you were! Did you have a lot of OT work experience?

And tbh I don't have a first choice, would love to go to Oxford Brookes or East Anglia but they're really scary about grade requirements, especially Plymouth. I'm worried because I need BBB and I've been predicted BCC, my school are rats
My chances seem very slim D: but I'll go as it goesss

Where else have you applied? L)
Thanks again

I got the opportunity to sit in on a occupational therapist working with a patient on work experience in a hospital and through observation of them working with family members, but that's it.
Aw don't worry too much its not all solely based on grades, its whether the applicant possesses characteristics essential for OT. I'm sure everything will go well.
I've also applied to, Cumbria, Northampton, Derby and Sheffield Hallam.
Reply 51
Original post by Rebecca White
Hi,

I have applied to the University of Bradford and Sheffield Hallam University and I am very nervous as I have a interview at Bradford Uni on the 31st January 2014 and have had no reply so far from SHU.

Can anyone please help me with any interview tips??

Rebecca

Hey Rebecca, I've applied to Sheffield Hallam too. Don't worry too much if I recall rightly, Sheffield Hallam give straight offers, not interviews first like the majority of OT courses. I don't think anybody has heard back from them yet.

Don't stress everything will be fine :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by anna109
Hiya!!

My Coventry interview is on the 15th I'm so scared! That was really helpful what you said though, just checking there was no one on one interview or anything?! Thank you x

No there was no one on one interview :smile: Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck! X
Reply 53
Original post by anna109
Hiya!!

My Coventry interview is on the 15th I'm so scared! That was really helpful what you said though, just checking there was no one on one interview or anything?! Thank you x

Hey Anna, what did I say? aha, I'm a bit confused or I think you might have meant to message someone else :O

Oh well! Congrats on getting an interview!! When did you send your UCAS application off? :smile:
All the best
Reply 54
Hey guys!
Hope everything is well :smile:

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from any of the universities?
I sent my application off during christmas and I know I shouldn't expect any replies at the start of the year but it's been almost a month and I'n anxious!! lol I just want a replyyyy

Has anyone heard from their universities? If so can you please tell me from whom, and when you sent your application off just so that I get an idea :smile:

I've applied to Oxf Brookes, East Anglia, Plymouth, Coventry and Brunel
Hey guys!

I sent my application off during christmas and I know I shouldn't expect any replies at the start of the year but it's been almost a month and I'n anxious!! lol I just want a replyyyy

Has anyone heard from their universities? If so can you please tell me from whom, and when you sent your application off just so that I get an idea :smile:

Hi samiwami,

My UCAS went through on the 17th December and I received an interview offer on the 19th December for 22nd January at Coventry... I've applied for Coventry, Cumbria, Canterbury, Bournemouth and London South Bank. I also received a interview offer from Cumbria. Not heard anything about interviews from other universities though.

When did you UCAS get sent as don't forget most university admin departments won't have been open over Christmas and most closed from 20/12/13-06/01/14 so don't panic too much if your UCAS was only sent through in those times.

Best of Luck!

Josie
Hi

Has anyone applied for UWE?
As I was just wondering whether you have to upload documents on to the student portal website before they give you an offer/interview?

Maybe im just being paranoid, but other people seem to be hearing back and I havent

xx
Reply 57
Hey Anna, what did I say? aha, I'm a bit confused or I think you might have meant to message someone else :O

Oh well! Congrats on getting an interview!! When did you send your UCAS application off? :smile:
All the best

Hi sorry not sure what I did there!
Thank you :-) I sent it off on the 6th of December!!
Reply 58
No there was no one on one interview :smile: Don't worry I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck! X

Okay yay thank you! :-)
Reply 59
Hey guys!

Hey sami!

Hopefully you'll hear back from your uni choices soon. I did a similar thing with my ucas application because I wanted it sorted out before the new year and the deadline creeping up behind me.. It must have been about December 17th I sent off my application? But my college didn't complete my reference until January 2nd!

I've applied for East Anglia and Coventry like yourself and, and been invited to interviews in February. Southampton, Bournemouth and Canterbury Christ Church haven't got back to me...yet?

All the best :smile: