The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr M
small tray - 21.666p per plant

medium tray - 22.375p per plant

large tray - 21.98p per plant

Oh okay. Thank you! I added the proportions (30+40+50) and added the prices of each one. Then I divided the total of the prices by 120 and got the average price of 1 plant. Then I multiplied the price by 30, 40 and 50 and found the one which was the lowest in comparison to the price it's sold for and ended up with small plant. I'm not sure if that's right though :frown:
Original post by Liyanah
I think i got 110-112/200 :/ I really want at LEAST a B! God, i really want my results!

I reckon that will be a B :smile:

To get a B in June this year you needed 92 and in November last year you needed 84. The pattern here could suggest that you may need 100 to get a B in this exam! However, I definitely found the exams tougher than the mocks (the June 2013 papers) so this may not be the case. Gotta wait til the grade boundaries are released.
Hi Mr M, on question 16b I made a stupid mistake

I got
8h+11=5/6
48h+66=5
48h=-61
h=-61/48

all because I forgot to times the 5 by the 2 and 3

would I get any marks for that, as I made the mistake so early in my workings?

and what was the question for 16a?:smile:
Original post by clareeey
I did that too... At least its only one mark.

Questin 14 b/c together are a total of 6 marks, that's why I'm worried :s-smilie:
Reply 44
Original post by MrMathematician
How did everyone else to question 14? Did they find the midpoints and times them by the frequency, add them up and then divide by the frequency?

Also did you plot the frequency polygon with the midpoints??

Yes and yes.
Reply 45
What was the answer to the side elevation one? What did people draw? I think i did a rectangle 5 by 2 because I thought you wouldn't be able to see the one further back so I never drew it.
How did everyone else to question 14? Did they find the midpoints and times them by the frequency, add them up and then divide by the frequency?

Yeah I did that. I also drew bars because I saw it in my text book, but I think the bars might make me drop a mark :frown:
Original post by SomePaleChick
From looking at these results and the non-calc results , I got around 70 for each paper. Do you think this will be good enough for an A or will I be stuck with just another high B :/ cause I have a feeling the grade boundaries may be higher this year. Have the grade boundaries ever been over 140 for an A?

Last year it was 120! Then again, the year before that it was 136..

Wow, seems that we got similar results! Just want to cross my fingers and hopefully get an A :P
Original post by Basic--Dreams
Yeah I did that. I also drew bars because I saw it in my text book, but I think the bars might make me drop a mark :frown:

Yeah you might, frequency polygons are just points that are joined :/
Could you give more detail for the final question please?
What would the explanation involved?
Thank you sir you're a hero :smile:

Something like:

AOC = BOD (both of these line segments are diameters - this was given in the question)

Angle ABD = angle ACD (angles in the same segment are equal)

Angle BAD = angle CDA = 90 degrees (the angle in a semicircle is 90 degrees)

Angle ADB = angle DAC (angles in a triangle add up to 180 degrees)

Both triangles have the same angles (this just means they are similar) but the hypotenuse of each triangle is the same length so they must be congruent.

There are several other ways to do it that are just as good but I thought this would be easiest to understand.
Original post by Zaid-247
Thank yo, also for question 22 b) (trapezium) i put x^2+x-351 in the quadratic formula to get x=26 cm , i guess i should of halved that to get 13 so how many marks would i get out of 3 for that?

Get one mark if you substituted into the formula correctly.
Yeah you might, frequency polygons are just points that are joined :/

Ah no. Damn! Misleading text books :frown:
Reply 52
Working out for question 22 b) please?
Original post by gcser
Thanks for the answers Mr M! What was the Pythagoras question?

Find the hypotenuse of a triangle with short sides 39 cm and 70 cm.

yes and yes
Reply 55
Original post by HeskeyLAD
I reckon that will be a B :smile:

To get a B in June this year you needed 92 and in November last year you needed 84. The pattern here could suggest that you may need 100 to get a B in this exam! However, I definitely found the exams tougher than the mocks (the June 2013 papers) so this may not be the case. Gotta wait til the grade boundaries are released.

Yeah, hopefully I get a B! I want to do it again in June next year to try get an A! Really want an A! I was aiming to get a B this year and hopefully get an A next year - Fingers crossed! P.S : I'm telling you right now, Maths doesn't like me, it's not my friend LOL! So getting a B/A would be an achievement! :smile:
Does anyone know what the full working out was for Q22a? Thank you :smile:
If you forgot to square root, whilst using Cosine rule, how many marks would you lose.

1, for answer
or 2 for missing root and answer?
Original post by asdfghjklmegan
Does anyone remember the actual question to 12 and 15?

15) I've just given a couple of posts ago.

12) Find the circumference of a circle of diameter 140 cm.
Reply 59
Questin 14 b/c together are a total of 6 marks, that's why I'm worried :s-smilie:

I can't remember my 14b answer but I know I failed on the frequency polygon as I just plotted it form the highest value rather than the midpoints :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending