The Student Room Group

Do you take drugs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by New- Emperor
In uni and collage it was so easy to get hold of drugs i swear that 90% of the student population took something at some point I never did but they really were so easy to get hold of so iam asking do you take or have you ever taken any drugs (illegal ones)?

I have done a few but they weren't all that really. I think they're overrated. I don't now and don't plan to.
Reply 61
Ahh but then I wouldn't get the full body orgasms and pins and needles all over my body... plus it makes me a champ at sport.
Anyone who uses the word 'drugs' synonymously has their views led by the media.

There is a massive difference between Heroin, Cocaine, LSD, MDMA and Marijuana. They are all entirely different drugs and people get into them for entirely different reasons. Ultimately if these drugs didn't exist life would be boring and very different to as it is now, even if you have never taken or plan to take any of the drugs i have named. They have greatly influenced many great historical figures.

My thoughts on Cocaine is that i can see entirely how it is so addictive. It is a fantastic drug, but is something i would never want to get into taking often as the feeling you get is addictive, and i don't get addicted to things easy.

Marijuana is just plain boring and gives me more negatives than positives personally. Obviously loads of people love it and it's probably the safest illegal drug out there. Medicinal benefits to the drug as utilised in parts of the U.S for example.

MDMA is used purely for an euphoric aspect and is an excellent party drug and works wonderfully with dance music in particular. I would recommend the experience to anyone as it is fantastic the first time/s you take it, and still is a great feeling whenever really. It is quite a safe drug to take but it is as always advisable to take with someone who knows what they are doing the first time. You will most probably get a nasty comedown lasting up til about 4 days after sometimes. Can make you feel a bit agitated, depressed etc., but this is all if you take high quantities (ie if you take at a festival or for a night lasting til the early hours). There is also a lot of possible medicinal benefit to this drug.

I remember the days when i was taught the propaganda from the media and education system about drugs. It really is disgusting how much influence they both had on me believe the myth that drugs are bad. From so many people who have had no exposure to illegal drugs it is astounding at how bad their knowledge is on drugs. Their views are the same, that drugs are all bad, and everything bad that comes from a person must be as a result of this wonderful vague term that is used as drugs. An episode of violence is never as a result of MDMA or Marijuana so why can't these people actually take some time out to learn about drugs and understanding them rather than throwing the word around entirely loosely?

Alcohol is a worse drug than MDMA and Marijuana it can be argued but it is legal. Nicotine, caffeine are all drugs too! Cigarettes and alcohol are just lethal but are legal. But of course for the anti drug brigade many just don't understand the big similarity here that illegal and legal drugs hold.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by the bear
this

Haha! Such a compelling argument you have...
Absolutely!
Reply 65
"Drugs are fine now, TSR, everyone agrees!" - Jeremy
I honestly believe everybody of healthy mental constitution should take either mushrooms or LSD at least once in their life. If you don't want to then fair enough, I understand, nobody can force you. But you are robbing yourself of a truly special experience.
stoners are loners
Drugs are for Thugs
It pained me to take two paracetamols today, I can't imagine myself with scarier drugs. :afraid:
Reply 70
Ganja :emog:
Original post by yepyepyep
Seriously, so if you contracted a disease your immune system couldn't fight, you'd just let yourself die? Natural selection at it's finest.

my immune system is immune
nope, never taken any illegal drugs.
Reply 73
Yep, I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day. Can't be good, but it keeps me productive, that's the important bit.
Reply 74
Nope, i have never took drugs on my own accord. The only drugs i take are prescribed although once when i was in the childrens hospital i was given ketamin through my canula but ripped it out as it made me feel ****ed up got a right ear bashing from my nan for doing so but oh well, dunno if it counts but nope no drugs they just do not appeal to me.
Usually take MDMA on occasions when going out. Best drug ever. Weed is pretty boring tbh stopped that some time ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone needs to take acid at least once in their life.
Reply 77
Original post by Steevee
SWIM does, recreationally. I see no problem with it, SWIM says it's fun, and I know the things they take are no more dangerous than alcohol or chancing a kebab at the local take-away.

You know you really don't need to do that SWIM *******s.
Reply 78
Original post by Dr Pesto
You know you really don't need to do that SWIM *******s.

I know, but this account is linked to others and you never know, one day I might have a need to have an image that doesn't involve recreational drug use...
Reply 79
Original post by Steevee
I know, but this account is linked to others and you never know, one day I might have a need to have an image that doesn't involve recreational drug use...

Fair enough, bit if that's the case maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all, because 'Someone Who Isn't Me' isn't fooling anyone, do you know what I mean?

Quick Reply

Latest