The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Foundation Year 2014

I have started applying to do a foundation year in Animal Behaviour, is anyone else thinking of doing a foundation year and where are they thinking of applying for halls?
Reply 1
I've applied for a foundation year at MMU for Criminology and Sociology combined honours, Criminology on it's own and Sociology on it's own. What are your predicted grades? Where else are you applying? And what ucas points have they asked for? :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm 22 so I guess I'm entering as a mature student. I'm not applying anywhere but MMU as I have previously studied there but had to leave the course. As far as I can tell from MMU website the are only asking for 160 ucas points, which is 2 C's I think. I would look at MMU website for more specific info.
Reply 3
Hey I'm doing a Foundation Year in TESOL/Linguistics, starting Sept 2014. Can't wait, not sure which halls I want to go to yet.
Reply 4
I'm doing a foundation year for hospitality because I do not have all the right requirements because I am from the US. I am completelyyy confused on what hall to choose tho:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I've applied for a foundation for Abuse Studies & Child and Youth Development :smile: it's on the Cheshire campus and I'm thinking Booth Hall for my acom
Reply 6
I've got an unconditional offer for foundation history. Just waiting to hear back from one other uni before I make my choice.
Reply 7
I received my offer from MMU a few weeks ago for English with a foundation year (my main choice, I'm so happy!!) I'm thinking of applying for Cambridge Halls on the All Saints campus because it's close to most of the lecture buildings at All Saints :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Wishingwell1
I have started applying to do a foundation year in Animal Behaviour, is anyone else thinking of doing a foundation year and where are they thinking of applying for halls?

I applied for this course, received and accepted unconditional offer as i'll be 21 soon after I start. Are you starting September 2014? Havnt a clue about halls.
Reply 9
I have applied to do a foundation year in automotive engineering at mmu. I have made it my firm choice too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Everyone who has been accepted congrats. I have previously studied at mmu and stayed at daisy bank which is slightly more expensive than the rest. But all room are en suite and are only 4 per flat. Daisy bank does tend to be quieter than the others due to location and it being very close to Elizabeth Gaskell campus where nurses etc study. If wanting accomadaion closer to the centre and other campuses I think cavendish or Cambridge is the way to go
Im doing a foundation year in product design technology im thinking staying at wilmslow park it's really beautiful
Reply 12
I am Doing early years and childhood studies with a foundation year! 😄
Reply 13
i have previously been a student at mmu but had to withdraw as i wanted to change courses, i am also going back into a foundation year in history, when i went in september i stayed in DaisY bank halls which is out of the way of the universities and it was under £100 per week which is a little bit cheaper than all other halls all rooms are en-suite plus you get a year long bus pass, so if this is not a problem go there :smile:, but if you want more of a easier time there are nearer ones to the university, it all depends if you want en-suite or not , there is oxford court halls just off of the john Daulton building and these are also en-suite.
Reply 14
if you have any questions about life at MMU then feel free to ask me anything :smile:, ps if youve applied for the foundation year in history then let me know !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending