The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DeMontfort University Applications 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sinnerd1994
Haha no it's not! If you like books, you have books, as long as you enjoy them :smile: I see haha, well make it a big fort then, so you can have people join you inside :tongue: This is true, there will be many people to help, if not then come find me and we will brave them together haha and I will be sure to give you a round of applause and maybe the odd 'hurray' at the end of it :tongue: Other than De Montfort I have applied to Coventry, Bangor and Portsmouth. What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What books do you like? Are you a fantasy or a sci-fi kind of bloke? Or are you a closet romance novel reader? And of course, it's no fun just having a fort for one person. Ooh! My friend has applied to Coventry, I think that's her firm. And I've also applied to Aberdeen, Aberystwyth, Gloucestershire and Plymouth. I had my heart set on Aberdeen for ages but I'm leaning more towards Gloucestershire and De Montfort recently. I think most of it has to do with the fact that I'm not really expecting an offer from Aberdeen.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by SalazarSmithy
What books do you like? Are you a fantasy or a sci-fi kind of bloke? Or are you a closet romance novel reader? And of course, it's no fun just having a fort for one person. Ooh! My friend has applied to Coventry, I think that's her firm. And I've also applied to Aberdeen, Aberystwyth, Gloucestershire and Plymouth. I had my heart set on Aberdeen for ages but I'm leaning more towards Gloucestershire and De Montfort recently. I think most of it has to do with the fact that I'm not really expecting an offer from Aberdeen.

I am both to be fair, I do like the Harry Potter books, but like I say I like the odd read so I'm not a big reader, I am more of a film kind of guy to be honest :smile: and well that's a relief then, was going to say :tongue: Yeah I do like Coventry but De Montfort just seems better, plus the accommodation costs seems to be lower at De Montfort too. Oh I see! Very nice, well if you do decide on De Montfort we will have to have a drink during freshers! :smile: but I mean don't discount Aberdeen if that's where you want to go, you don't know what will happen in the future, just stay positive and hope for the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am both to be fair, I do like the Harry Potter books, but like I say I like the odd read so I'm not a big reader, I am more of a film kind of guy to be honest :smile: and well that's a relief then, was going to say :tongue: Yeah I do like Coventry but De Montfort just seems better, plus the accommodation costs seems to be lower at De Montfort too. Oh I see! Very nice, well if you do decide on De Montfort we will have to have a drink during freshers! :smile: but I mean don't discount Aberdeen if that's where you want to go, you don't know what will happen in the future, just stay positive and hope for the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Films are good! I like films. Second favourite hobby. I do like the accommodation. I heard the flats are all single sex though? Yes we shall. :biggrin: I'm not discounting it per se I just don't think I'd know what to do if I did get an offer. It's quite far away from everything, I think it's more of a dream more than anything. Plus I am really preferring Gloucestershire or De Montfort.
Films are good! I like films. Second favourite hobby. I do like the accommodation. I heard the flats are all single sex though? Yes we shall. :biggrin: I'm not discounting it per se I just don't think I'd know what to do if I did get an offer. It's quite far away from everything, I think it's more of a dream more than anything. Plus I am really preferring Gloucestershire or De Montfort.

I totally agree! It has to be my favourite pass time :smile: Yeah I have heard that too, I don't mind either way though, as the building as a whole will still be mixed sex, so I'm sure everyone will just be in and out of each other's flats anyway. :smile: Good! I shall hold you to that come freshers week haha :tongue: Yeah I can see where you're coming from, I was all up for Portsmouth until I realised its about a 4 to 5 hour train journey from where I live so there wouldn't be much visiting, but I am very happy with De Montfort now anyway, it's my first choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I totally agree! It has to be my favourite pass time :smile: Yeah I have heard that too, I don't mind either way though, as the building as a whole will still be mixed sex, so I'm sure everyone will just be in and out of each other's flats anyway. :smile: Good! I shall hold you to that come freshers week haha :tongue: Yeah I can see where you're coming from, I was all up for Portsmouth until I realised its about a 4 to 5 hour train journey from where I live so there wouldn't be much visiting, but I am very happy with De Montfort now anyway, it's my first choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is true, but still I already live with a house full of women (excluding my brother) I don't know how much more I could take. I'm going to wait until(if) I get any offers from UoG and DMU. I'm torn. I'm not too sure how I feel about living in Leicester, as I was aiming to get away from the Midlands. But the university itself is surprisingly good! Is it wise to decide your future with eeny meeny miny mo?
Reply 85
Got my offer today for business management :smile: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is true, but still I already live with a house full of women (excluding my brother) I don't know how much more I could take. I'm going to wait until(if) I get any offers from UoG and DMU. I'm torn. I'm not too sure how I feel about living in Leicester, as I was aiming to get away from the Midlands. But the university itself is surprisingly good! Is it wise to decide your future with eeny meeny miny mo?

Hmmm I can see why you may be getting tired of living with women in that case! But like I say there will be guys in the building, you just have to mingle a bit :smile: I'm sure you will get offers from both! It will be your decision though! Yeah I'm in the midlands too, but Leicester is about an hour away from me, so I'm far enough away from my parents, but not too far if I want a spontaneous visit haha :smile: I wouldn't use that method but whatever floats your boat, I think you should go to De Montfort though, but I am slightly biased to be honest haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bee3011
Got my offer today for business management :smile: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! :smile: I haven't got any offers yet, but hopefully will soon, I'm looking to do Accounting and Finance so would be in the same faculty building as you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmmm I can see why you may be getting tired of living with women in that case! But like I say there will be guys in the building, you just have to mingle a bit :smile: I'm sure you will get offers from both! It will be your decision though! Yeah I'm in the midlands too, but Leicester is about an hour away from me, so I'm far enough away from my parents, but not too far if I want a spontaneous visit haha :smile: I wouldn't use that method but whatever floats your boat, I think you should go to De Montfort though, but I am slightly biased to be honest haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I say houseful, it's just myself my mum and her partner but seriously, two is enough. Mingling is something I'll have to get used to. And same here, although it's really expensive for the train so I'd have to take a bus to Nuneaton and then a bus from Nuneaton to home. Takes about two hours but only costs £6 for a daysaver. We'll see after I have been to the Gloucestershire open day!
When I say houseful, it's just myself my mum and her partner but seriously, two is enough. Mingling is something I'll have to get used to. And same here, although it's really expensive for the train so I'd have to take a bus to Nuneaton and then a bus from Nuneaton to home. Takes about two hours but only costs £6 for a daysaver. We'll see after I have been to the Gloucestershire open day!

Haha so just a little exaggeration there! I thought you had loads of sisters too :tongue: Yeah but mingling is what university is all about, so it's all good :smile: we probably live near to each other then :smile: but yeah the train is more expensive, but I'm not a big traveller so will always go for the quickest option wherever possible :tongue: £6 isn't bad to be fair though, but like you say it's two hours, that would be far too long for me haha. Yeah you will have to let me know your verdict after the open day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha so just a little exaggeration there! I thought you had loads of sisters too :tongue: Yeah but mingling is what university is all about, so it's all good :smile: we probably live near to each other then :smile: but yeah the train is more expensive, but I'm not a big traveller so will always go for the quickest option wherever possible :tongue: £6 isn't bad to be fair though, but like you say it's two hours, that would be far too long for me haha. Yeah you will have to let me know your verdict after the open day :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, no sisters unfortunately. Or fortunately. Never too sure. xD We do live pretty close actually, I live in Tamworth. I would like to be a traveller I just never have the money for it. To be honest I want to be close to the sea so De Montfort has everything except for that... :/
Nope, no sisters unfortunately. Or fortunately. Never too sure. xD We do live pretty close actually, I live in Tamworth. I would like to be a traveller I just never have the money for it. To be honest I want to be close to the sea so De Montfort has everything except for that... :/

Haha I would be inclined to say fortunately, I have no siblings you see and it's bliss, no arguments and I have my own space :tongue: Really? I'm in Lichfield, so just a few miles away :smile: yeah travelling is pretty expensive, I mean I would travel if it was to go to somewhere abroad, it's just travelling in the UK, it's just a little boring haha. Yeah I don't think you can get further from the sea than Leicester, but you could always pretend :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I would be inclined to say fortunately, I have no siblings you see and it's bliss, no arguments and I have my own space :tongue: Really? I'm in Lichfield, so just a few miles away :smile: yeah travelling is pretty expensive, I mean I would travel if it was to go to somewhere abroad, it's just travelling in the UK, it's just a little boring haha. Yeah I don't think you can get further from the sea than Leicester, but you could always pretend :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well my brother is 20 in January so it's not like we get in each other's spaces. Yeah, my aunt lives in Lichfield actually, maybe we've passed each other on the street? I have never been abroad. I don't even own a passport. :frown: I'll just buy a paddling pool and make waves in it. xD
Well my brother is 20 in January so it's not like we get in each other's spaces. Yeah, my aunt lives in Lichfield actually, maybe we've passed each other on the street? I have never been abroad. I don't even own a passport. :frown: I'll just buy a paddling pool and make waves in it. xD

Haha yeah I don't imagine you would. Maybe we have! How weirds that, What a small world aye, do you ever go for nights out in Lichfield? If so we have more than likely bumped into each other in town :smile: No I have never been abroad either or owned a passport, always wanted to go to America though. It seems we have a few things in common :smile: haha sounds like a plan! Just buy some sand and you're sorted :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yeah I don't imagine you would. Maybe we have! How weirds that, What a small world aye, do you ever go for nights out in Lichfield? If so we have more than likely bumped into each other in town :smile: No I have never been abroad either or owned a passport, always wanted to go to America though. It seems we have a few things in common :smile: haha sounds like a plan! Just buy some sand and you're sorted :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 17 so I don't go out to drink. Although I go to the pub with my dad. But that's a bit different. Yes, America! I want to do a roadtrip. Sleep in a van and wake up in a different town/state. It'd be amazing. Some sand, some shells and a windbreaker and I'll be pretty much at the seaside.
I'm 17 so I don't go out to drink. Although I go to the pub with my dad. But that's a bit different. Yes, America! I want to do a roadtrip. Sleep in a van and wake up in a different town/state. It'd be amazing. Some sand, some shells and a windbreaker and I'll be pretty much at the seaside.

Oh I see well that would make sense then. I'm 19 you see, I always forget that bit, always think people are my age, my bad haha :tongue: Oh my god, we literally are so similar! I have been planning a road trip for a while now, it would be on a Harley Davidson for me though, from one end of Route 66 to the other :smile: Haha let me know when you have it set up, will save me travelling all the way to the coast :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I see well that would make sense then. I'm 19 you see, I always forget that bit, always think people are my age, my bad haha :tongue: Oh my god, we literally are so similar! I have been planning a road trip for a while now, it would be on a Harley Davidson for me though, from one end of Route 66 to the other :smile: Haha let me know when you have it set up, will save me travelling all the way to the coast :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've learnt to assume that everyone is always a bit older than me. I'm usually right. That sounds wonderful! Wow! It would also save being pestered by seagulls...
Do you have Facebook?
I've learnt to assume that everyone is always a bit older than me. I'm usually right. That sounds wonderful! Wow! It would also save being pestered by seagulls...
Do you have Facebook?

Yeah but you will be 18 soon and out drinking haha :tongue: Yeah it's been a dream of mine since I was little, you never know we could be really good friends by the time I get round to doing it so you could always join me :smile: and yeah not a big fan after one stole my ice cream when I was little haha :tongue: I do indeed, I shall message you in private about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah but you will be 18 soon and out drinking haha :tongue: Yeah it's been a dream of mine since I was little, you never know we could be really good friends by the time I get round to doing it so you could always join me :smile: and yeah not a big fan after one stole my ice cream when I was little haha :tongue: I do indeed, I shall message you in private about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! That won't be until the end of July though. D: That would be great! ^.^ Haha, in June 2012 my family went on holiday to St Ives and my brother's ex-girlfriend and her son almost got carried away by some seagulls. It was quite amusing to watch. And okay. :smile:
I know! That won't be until the end of July though. D: That would be great! ^.^ Haha, in June 2012 my family went on holiday to St Ives and my brother's ex-girlfriend and her son almost got carried away by some seagulls. It was quite amusing to watch. And okay. :smile:

That's early compared to when mine is, mine is the end of August haha, so think yourself lucky :tongue: Haha I can't imagine it was funny to them, but from an outside perspective, I would have to say I probably would have laughed too :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending