The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DeMontfort University Applications 2014

Hey all :smile:

Have had a look around and there's no thread like this one currently existing so I thought I'd make one :smile:
This thread is intended to make it easy to share info about applying to DeMontfort Uni :smile:

Post the course you have applied for, and whether or not you've recieved an offer.

Look forward to discussing with you all:smile:!

---
Connect to De Montfort here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was about to start this thread! I just received a conditional offer to study Film Studies and Media :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey,

It seems a few of us had a similar idea, I had thought of creating a similar thread myself. I have just applied to De Montfort to do Accounting and Finance, fingers crossed I get an offer! :smile:
Reply 3
I submitted my ucas application on sunday and got my conditional offer for computer science today!
Anybody else planning on doing computer science or related?
Reply 4
I was about to start this thread! I just received a conditional offer to study Film Studies and Media

Hey,

It seems a few of us had a similar idea, I had thought of creating a similar thread myself. I have just applied to De Montfort to do Accounting and Finance, fingers crossed I get an offer!

Haha, great minds think alike eh :biggrin: and thats awesome you guys :biggrin: hope you get in Sinnerd1994!
Reply 5
Original post by stressed.human
Haha, great minds think alike eh :biggrin: and thats awesome you guys :biggrin: hope you get in Sinnerd1994!

Haha exactly my thoughts :smile: and thank you! you and me both there :tongue:

You never said, what course are you doing? have you got an offer yet? :smile:
Reply 6
Haha exactly my thoughts and thank you! you and me both there

You never said, what course are you doing? have you got an offer yet?

Haha you'll be fine! :tongue: and oops, I forgot to mention it! I've applied for Audiology, and I've recieved a conditional offer from dmu :smile:
Reply 7
Haha you'll be fine! :tongue: and oops, I forgot to mention it! I've applied for Audiology, and I've recieved a conditional offer from dmu :smile:

Hopefully! Fingers crossed, will maybe see you out and about next year haha :tongue: and oh very nice, well done you! Very pleased for you :biggrin:
Reply 8
Hopefully! Fingers crossed, will maybe see you out and about next year haha and oh very nice, well done you! Very pleased for you

Haha, wouldn't that just be awesome :tongue: and thankyou! :biggrin: now it's just about actually getting the grades!:tongue:
Reply 9
Haha, wouldn't that just be awesome :tongue: and thankyou! :biggrin: now it's just about actually getting the grades!:tongue:

Haha wouldn't it just eh! If we both get in, we are bound to bump into each other during freshers week :tongue: and you're welcome, I am sure you will get them! What grades do you need? :smile:
Haha wouldn't it just eh! If we both get in, we are bound to bump into each other during freshers week and you're welcome, I am sure you will get them! What grades do you need?

Ofc! Haha I'd definitely look forward to that :biggrin: I need BBB, and to some people it may seem like that's so easy to get, but I completely flopped my AS so I have looooads of retakes:frown: how about you?
Ofc! Haha I'd definitely look forward to that :biggrin: I need BBB, and to some people it may seem like that's so easy to get, but I completely flopped my AS so I have looooads of retakes:frown: how about you?

Haha I can't wait, it will be amazing! :biggrin: and you can get that! I wouldn't worry I had a few retakes when I did my A Levels, it just makes you more driven. I will have had a two year gap by the time I get to uni next year you see, will be 20... but anyway that's not important haha :tongue: what is important is that you will do amazing I am sure! :biggrin: I need 300 UCAS points which I just about have luckily, just fingers crossed they like my personal statement and everything :s-smilie:
Original post by Sinnerd1994
Haha I can't wait, it will be amazing! :biggrin: and you can get that! I wouldn't worry I had a few retakes when I did my A Levels, it just makes you more driven. I will have had a two year gap by the time I get to uni next year you see, will be 20... but anyway that's not important haha :tongue: what is important is that you will do amazing I am sure! :biggrin: I need 300 UCAS points which I just about have luckily, just fingers crossed they like my personal statement and everything :s-smilie:

How do you know freshers will be amazing?:biggrin: and wow that's given me some kinda hope :smile: 20?! You're oldddd aint you. Just kidding :biggrin: why such a long gap year?.. If you don't mind me asking:tongue: haha if I don't do well then I shall be sure to blame you for getting my hopes up :biggrin: don't worry! I'm sure you'll get in :smile:
How do you know freshers will be amazing?:biggrin: and wow that's given me some kinda hope :smile: 20?! You're oldddd aint you. Just kidding :biggrin: why such a long gap year?.. If you don't mind me asking:tongue: haha if I don't do well then I shall be sure to blame you for getting my hopes up :biggrin: don't worry! I'm sure you'll get in :smile:

Haha well I mean it's freshers, freshers is always amazing, anytime and anywhere! Plus my friends are at Uni and they have told me it is amazing too :biggrin: and I am glad, although you will do fine whether I told you that or not :smile: Haha yeah getting towards a pensioner me :P well I planned a gap year anyway to get some money and then it just kind of carried on into this year really, just one of those things :smile: I am happy with those terms as I know you won't need to blame me anyway! Plus you have to be there, got to bump into you at freshers haha :biggrin: and well thank you, here's hoping :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha well I mean it's freshers, freshers is always amazing, anytime and anywhere! Plus my friends are at Uni and they have told me it is amazing too :biggrin: and I am glad, although you will do fine whether I told you that or not :smile: Haha yeah getting towards a pensioner me :P well I planned a gap year anyway to get some money and then it just kind of carried on into this year really, just one of those things :smile: I am happy with those terms as I know you won't need to blame me anyway! Plus you have to be there, got to bump into you at freshers haha :biggrin: and well thank you, here's hoping :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh no wonder! :biggrin: Awrrh yeah I understand, how does it feel knowing you've gotta go back into education? I think if I had a gap year, I'd find it so difficult to get back into the swing of things :tongue: Hmmm I wouldn't be so sure of that! How do you know that I'd do well eh? :rolleyes: Oh yes, that's the most important thing haha :biggrin:
Ooh no wonder! :biggrin: Awrrh yeah I understand, how does it feel knowing you've gotta go back into education? I think if I had a gap year, I'd find it so difficult to get back into the swing of things :tongue: Hmmm I wouldn't be so sure of that! How do you know that I'd do well eh? :rolleyes: Oh yes, that's the most important thing haha :biggrin:

Haha see, so we shall have an amazing time at freshers :biggrin: I feel alright about it to be honest, although it will take me a while to get used to it again I feel, but it will definitely be worth it :biggrin: Haha I would, I would even be willing to bet on it too! That's an easy one, you really want to go to uni, so I know you will put in the effort and do amazing, just you wait and see! :biggrin: and of course! have to have someone to have one of my first drinks with at Freshers, don't I? and I feel you fit the bill haha :biggrin:
Haha see, so we shall have an amazing time at freshers :biggrin: I feel alright about it to be honest, although it will take me a while to get used to it again I feel, but it will definitely be worth it :biggrin: Haha I would, I would even be willing to bet on it too! That's an easy one, you really want to go to uni, so I know you will put in the effort and do amazing, just you wait and see! :biggrin: and of course! have to have someone to have one of my first drinks with at Freshers, don't I? and I feel you fit the bill haha :biggrin:

Haha I hope I do :biggrin: yeah I know what you mean! :biggrin: Oooh good answer, can't argue with that one :tongue: Aha that's true! My first TSR buddy :biggrin: however, I don't drink alcohol, so coke it shall be! :biggrin:
Haha I hope I do :biggrin: yeah I know what you mean! :biggrin: Oooh good answer, can't argue with that one :tongue: Aha that's true! My first TSR buddy :biggrin: however, I don't drink alcohol, so coke it shall be! :biggrin:

Of course you will, you'll see :biggrin: it was worth the time out for me though, allowed me to think about whether accounting and finance was really for me, turns out it is :biggrin: haha thank you! Was rather proud of it, knew you wouldn't be able to have a comeback :tongue: Indeed, will be De Montfort buddy next year though :biggrin: and that's alright, will still be one of our first drinks, whether you have alcohol or not! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course you will, you'll see :biggrin: it was worth the time out for me though, allowed me to think about whether accounting and finance was really for me, turns out it is :biggrin: haha thank you! Was rather proud of it, knew you wouldn't be able to have a comeback :tongue: Indeed, will be De Montfort buddy next year though :biggrin: and that's alright, will still be one of our first drinks, whether you have alcohol or not! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope so :biggrin: yeah ofcourse, there's no point in applying for a course you're not really sure about :smile: what Alevels did you do?:smile: Haha yes, hopefully!:tongue: oh and I wanted to ask, which other unis have you applied to? And which one's your favourite? :biggrin:
Hope so :biggrin: yeah ofcourse, there's no point in applying for a course you're not really sure about :smile: what Alevels did you do?:smile: Haha yes, hopefully!:tongue: oh and I wanted to ask, which other unis have you applied to? And which one's your favourite? :biggrin:

Exactly! but all sorted now, I know it's what I definitely want to do :smile: I did Maths which I got a B in, ICT which I got an A in and Geography which I got a C in. What about you? :smile: and I applied to 4 in total, De Montfort obviously haha :tongue: and also Portsmouth, Bangor and Coventry :biggrin: It was a close one between Portsmouth and De Montfort for my first choice, but De Montfort was just that little better and closer too :biggrin: Where have you applied? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending