The Student Room Group

Politics with economics at university of Bath 2014 entry

Has anyone heard back yet from bath for the politics with economics course?
Reply 1
Yes! Received my offer mid-late October, sent my application on the 13th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Well done, do you mind me asking what your subjects and AS grades were?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by samt987
Well done, do you mind me asking what your subjects and AS grades were?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAAB in English lit, History, Economics, and Maths. Predicted A*AA
Must admit my personal statement focused on Philosophy too, as I have applied to do PPE elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ffionm
Must admit my personal statement focused on Philosophy too, as I have applied to do PPE elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! Where else did you apply to? :smile: so happy for you!
Reply 5
Original post by girlyoudon'tknow
Congratulations!! Where else did you apply to? :smile: so happy for you!

Thank you!
Oxford, LSE,Warwick and Manchester. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by ffionm

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got similar grades to you, I got AABB, in English Lit, politics, geography and business studies and predicted A*AA. I thought about applying to LSE but the government course is so competitive. Have you got any other offers yet? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by samt987
I got similar grades to you, I got AABB, in English Lit, politics, geography and business studies and predicted A*AA. I thought about applying to LSE but the government course is so competitive. Have you got any other offers yet? :smile:

P&P at LSE is something like 22 applicants per place- dread to think what government is like!
Another offer from Manchester. Just a waiting game now really! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ffionm
P&P at LSE is something like 22 applicants per place- dread to think what government is like!
Another offer from Manchester. Just a waiting game now really! You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think LSE was similar for government as well, worth a shot though! and I've applied for Durham Politics, Bath Politics with economics, York Politics, Leeds Politics and parliamentary studies, and Kent politics with IR and i've got offers from York and Kent. Think Durham will be a long wait though
Original post by ffionm
Thank you!
Oxford, LSE,Warwick and Manchester. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Glasgow - currently thinking about where I apply with my last choice... Thinking about bath, durham or maybe something safer... Not sure yet...
Reply 10
Original post by samt987
Yeah I think LSE was similar for government as well, worth a shot though! and I've applied for Durham Politics, Bath Politics with economics, York Politics, Leeds Politics and parliamentary studies, and Kent politics with IR and i've got offers from York and Kent. Think Durham will be a long wait though

Wow! Well done on your offers. Best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Oxford, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Glasgow - currently thinking about where I apply with my last choice... Thinking about bath, durham or maybe something safer... Not sure yet...

Don't think Durham can be considered a 'safe' option unless your grades are incredible! But they must be. So good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ffionm
Don't think Durham can be considered a 'safe' option unless your grades are incredible! But they must be. So good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I know! But thank you for telling me :smile: my grades are good I guess - thing is my mum and me can't afford to pay that much if I only go to an average university, this is why I consider taking high risks and then, if I still want to go to Great Britain trying to get a place through extra. (I'm from Germany where you don't have to pay tuition fees...)
Reply 13
Perhaps you should look at Exeter, Manchester, or Leeds - prestigious yet 'safe' unis. What is it that makes you want to study in the UK, I find it very interesting. All the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ffionm
Perhaps you should look at Exeter, Manchester, or Leeds - prestigious yet 'safe' unis. What is it that makes you want to study in the UK, I find it very interesting. All the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the recommendations. However, with the Abitur requirements, it's really strange. The best you can get is 1.0 on a scale up to 6.0 (you already fail with 3.6 I think(not sure about that)) and while Durham or Oxford consider 1.3 (which I am predicted, having 1.4 at the moment) as an AAA, Exeter and Leeds see it to be between AAB and ABB... This is really frustrating. I don't know how many hours of courses you have... I have 35 per week and could only decide to not take a few...argh. Sorry but I am frustrated.

To answer your question, I really like British people - I was going to school in England for 3 months and I love the language, also I think it will open me more opportunities if I study in a foreign country and as I want to work internationally later, this seems to be an advantage.

Thank you, you too!
Reply 15
Thank you for the recommendations. However, with the Abitur requirements, it's really strange. The best you can get is 1.0 on a scale up to 6.0 (you already fail with 3.6 I think(not sure about that)) and while Durham or Oxford consider 1.3 (which I am predicted, having 1.4 at the moment) as an AAA, Exeter and Leeds see it to be between AAB and ABB... This is really frustrating. I don't know how many hours of courses you have... I have 35 per week and could only decide to not take a few...argh. Sorry but I am frustrated.

To answer your question, I really like British people - I was going to school in England for 3 months and I love the language, also I think it will open me more opportunities if I study in a foreign country and as I want to work internationally later, this seems to be an advantage.

Thank you, you too!

Well good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Also I was wondering did you apply to Bath with the placement year or not?
Reply 17
Just got an offer for politics with economics, so relieved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending