The Student Room Group

my new job

ok im posting this here as the last time i did a post bout a job it got moved so here i am.

i started my new job on monday. It had many pros attached to it which was why i took it depsite the fact it is overall a sales job which i dont want.
The job itsself isnt that bad there is more to it than bashing out the calls so thats good in itself.
The problem i have is that i'm so bored. The office is small there is only four people in the company and one works at home so theres three of us. they are both really nice guys and we get along well BUT i have a large personality and my ego would fill a board room and these guys are more well - boring.
im going nuts by tuesday i was bored stupid, the most interesting conversations we have had have revolved around work and the best tasting dried fruit, im serious.
In four whole days i dont think one of them has mentioned the most mundane of things drinking, sex, movies, women nothing. If no one makes a crude joke soon im going to go on a killing spree. (this is making me sound like a total chauvinistic pig).

I have another week to go on my trial period , at the end of which il be offered a full position or given the door. If the latter was offered id go without a word. The idea of bein unemployed for a month so i can enjoy the summer is actually quite appealing (i have enough money to last me so i wouldnt be dossing on the dole) If offered the full position i might turn it down.

I really dont know what to do. I dont dislike the job but the fact i was bored stupid by day two must speak volumes in itself.

Any advice or opinions
Reply 1
Have you tried to steer the conversations at all?

To be honest, if you don't feel for some reason or another that it isn't worth staying, then you probably shouldn't stay.
try out some ice breakers, learn stuff about them, make an effort rather than wait for them to make the first move. in other words- BE PROACTIVE

Latest