The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Nursing @ dundee 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by IslaMur
I applied back in the middle of December. Nobody seems to have had a reply or invitation for interview for paediatric yet..

Yeah. I applied in the 4th Jan so I'll probably hear after you anyway! ... GOODLUCK!
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 41
Original post by Niamh843
I haven't even had my interview yet! Im waiting to see if I get one. I've applied for children's nursing (: I really hope I hear something back soon!!

I applied in november and still havent heard yet! Mines for adult though :frown:
I've applied for child nursing at Dundee and got an invitation for an interview last Friday. Having mine on the 17th of March. Have to travel from Sweden so hope the interviews mean they're seriously considering you... Anyone know how many they ask for an interview and how many get in after that? And what they ask about? And what the numerical test ot what ever is like? Really nervous...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
i applied for adult nursing and got an offer last week and made it my firm choice tonight. dont think ive ever been so excited ever. anyone else doing adult?
Reply 44
Original post by manduzpanduz3
I've applied for child nursing at Dundee and got an invitation for an interview last Friday. Having mine on the 17th of March. Have to travel from Sweden so hope the interviews mean they're seriously considering you... Anyone know how many they ask for an interview and how many get in after that? And what they ask about? And what the numerical test ot what ever is like? Really nervous...

i had my interview 17th february and it really isnt bad. my one was pretty casual with a presentation at the beginning. it was like speed dating if im honest. there was five tables with different interviewers. one asked you about your ucas form, another two gave you different scenarios and asked what you would do in them, one was a facial recognition test and the other was a relax table where you read some books on dundee uni. it really was relaxed and comfortable.there wasnt a maths or english test either unless theyve changed the interviews since i had mine :smile: dont worry about it though, i actually quite enjoyed myself.
i hope that is some help to you :biggrin:
Original post by megara_
i had my interview 17th february and it really isnt bad. my one was pretty casual with a presentation at the beginning. it was like speed dating if im honest. there was five tables with different interviewers. one asked you about your ucas form, another two gave you different scenarios and asked what you would do in them, one was a facial recognition test and the other was a relax table where you read some books on dundee uni. it really was relaxed and comfortable.there wasnt a maths or english test either unless theyve changed the interviews since i had mine :smile: dont worry about it though, i actually quite enjoyed myself.
i hope that is some help to you :biggrin:

Thanks for the info. Feel a little less nervous about the interview now.

Still curious to know what your chances are to get in if you've been to an interview... How many are are invited to the interview and how many get in? Has anyone heard anything about it?
Reply 46
Original post by manduzpanduz3
Thanks for the info. Feel a little less nervous about the interview now.

Still curious to know what your chances are to get in if you've been to an interview... How many are are invited to the interview and how many get in? Has anyone heard anything about it?

in all honesty I can't remember the exact figures of how many they take. the guy did say during the presentation but i think he said something about 300 for the nursing courses and they get a good 1000/2000 applicants but I might be wrong. when I went there was about 20 or so people but if you interview well and you're confident, you have a good chance. they already cut the applicants down before interviews anyway so the fact you have one is already really good news.

the best thing to do would be to not overthink the questions, be yourself and just be honest because they want to see who you are as a person.
Reply 47
I think we were told about 200 were interviewed for Mental Health and there's 50 something places. I think there's a lot more for Adult though.

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Marty_0
Hey I have an interview for the 17th in Dundee and I live in Belfast.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Childrens :smile:
Original post by megara_
i applied for adult nursing and got an offer last week and made it my firm choice tonight. dont think ive ever been so excited ever. anyone else doing adult?

I have an interview for adult nursing in Dundee on 21st march, so nervous, was it hard? Congrats btw
Reply 50
I had my interview for adult nursing at Dundee yesterday. The whole thing was quite relaxed, if a little strange. The actual interview itself lasts less than half an hour but depending on what group your placed in you can be sitting around waiting for hours. All of the people that were interviewing were really nice, although one of them really put me off by absolutely grilling my personal statement! We were told at the end that they would aim to let us know if we were being offered a place on the course by march 31st but that it wasn't always possible to do so. I can't help but feel like I'm at a slight disadvantage as around 90% of the 25 people there for the interview were coming straight from access courses and HNCs where as I'm just trying to get by on the Highers I left school with a few years ago! I hope they don't take too long to make a decision, I've checked my emails about 17 times today already I can't take it!!!!! Good luck everybody, fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Charlenemcc
I have an interview for adult nursing in Dundee on 21st march, so nervous, was it hard? Congrats btw

it was really relaxed :smile: it was like speed dating, you spend 6 minutes (I think) at each table then you move on. all the people who were interviewing were nice as well which is always good. I wouldn't worry too much or be super nervous because they're not trying to trip you up or anything, they want to see who you are as a person. answer all the questions honestly. I was told they were looking to see if you had empathy and what you would do in specific situations. for example, I was asked what I would do if some friends from another country came to visit and one of them got lost in a shopping centre with no means of contact. it's all common sense really. I was also asked if I had been in a challenging situation and how I handled it. it really was relaxed and not as scary as a 1 to 1 interview. just be yourself and don't get too nervous or stressed.
they said I would hear by the end of march and I heard a week later and my interview was the begining of February! good luck :smile:
Reply 52
Answer here :P
Reply 53
Have you heard anything yet? I applied in Dec and still not heard anything! Know of folk who've had interviews for child nursing just wish I'd hear one way or another! The waiting is the worst bit!
Reply 54
Original post by SusanG13
Have you heard anything yet? I applied in Dec and still not heard anything! Know of folk who've had interviews for child nursing just wish I'd hear one way or another! The waiting is the worst bit!

I've still not heard and they got my application in the middle of December. I know people who've had their interviews too, I had one for Napier but still not had a reply from dundee. The waiting is honestly the worst thing!!
Reply 55
Original post by IslaMur
I've still not heard and they got my application in the middle of December. I know people who've had their interviews too, I had one for Napier but still not had a reply from dundee. The waiting is honestly the worst thing!!

Yep the waiting is the worst! I hope I hear soon just one way or the other! I've only applied to Dundee so keeping my fingers crossed! A friend of mine had her interview last week and is waiting to hear! Child nursing is so hard to get into starting to wigs is maybe applied for adult!
Hi all! I applied for adult nursing and I had my interview on 31st Jan my group was the first interview session for this years applicants. My friend got her invitation for her interview for adult nursing yesterday for the 2nd of April so they are still interviewing! They said though that all decisions regarding offers will be made by the middle of April! So fingers crossed 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Hey! Had my interview at Dundee on the 7th march for adult Nursing. I herd back from them on the 17th of March so they got back to me pretty quick! I got offered a Conditional!
Original post by H.A
Hey! Had my interview at Dundee on the 7th march for adult Nursing. I herd back from them on the 17th of March so they got back to me pretty quick! I got offered a Conditional!

if you dont mind me asking what grades do you have and what is your condition? sorry for being nosey i am just stressing out as its my first choice :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by Hannahquigley96
if you dont mind me asking what grades do you have and what is your condition? sorry for being nosey i am just stressing out as its my first choice :smile:

Not at all! I never did any highers in S5 but I'm doing 3 now, so all they said is I need to get 3 c's! Have you had an Interview yet? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest