The Student Room Group

what to wear: schuh group interview

hey, I've got a schuh group interview on fri and I stupidly forgot to ask the guy on the phone what to wear to it. I assumed jeans and a pair of cool schuh trainers would be fine but other threads seem to say it needs to be more formal. Please help! Confused...
Reply 1
Just think

its better to be over dressed than under dressed, say you went in a shirt and jacket, you can take the jacket off if it was over smart, whereas if you went in jeans and tshirt and everyone else turned up smart you would feel daft.

make a good first impression, make them think you are making an effort to show them you want the job, surprisingly a lot of clothes shops don't want you turning up in their clothing for an interview.

If you're still unsure ring up the store and just ask for a bit of clarification :smile:
Reply 2
okay I'll ditch the trainers, thankyou!
Reply 3
Quick question, how did you get an interview there? Did you hand in a CV to the manager or was it online?
And definitely smart/slightly casual. Like the above said, it's better to be over dressed than feel like you've made no effort compared to everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by laura<3kate
hey, I've got a schuh group interview on fri and I stupidly forgot to ask the guy on the phone what to wear to it. I assumed jeans and a pair of cool schuh trainers would be fine but other threads seem to say it needs to be more formal. Please help! Confused...

I don't suppose you've got an interview in the Guildford branch? Because I have one there! So nervous :frown:
Reply 5
When I went for my interview with them I dressed up quite smart, but a lot of the other people didn't. I still think it's better to go too smart rather than too informal, as others have said, but you don't have to go all-out suit or anything. If you're a girl then smart trousers/skirt and nice top, or a nice day dress would be fine. They are a 'young' company and their managers and so on don't dress that formally even, but it's still good to make an effort to demonstrate your interest in the job and the interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending