The Student Room Group

AAA-AAB

If you have an AAB prediction or AAB at AS (or both) and apply to an AAA-AAB course, will you get an AAA offer or an AAB offer? And same if you have an AAA prediction with AAA at AS?
Reply 1
Always assume you'll get the higher offer, unless you go to a really terrible school or have very serious extenuating circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AAB, people who are predicted A*AB and above will get AAA offers because it's more realistic
Reply 3
Original post by Tolaaa
AAB, people who are predicted A*AB and above will get AAA offers because it's more realistic

This is wrong. The lower offer is usually reserved for contextual offers, so assume it will be AAA.
Reply 4
Original post by alow
This is wrong. The lower offer is usually reserved for contextual offers, so assume it will be AAA.

No, no, no. I was predicted ABC the uni I applied to was AAA-AAB I got an AAB offer whilst people I knew were predicted A*AB and got an AAA offer.
Original post by Tolaaa
No, no, no. I was predicted ABC the uni I applied to was AAA-AAB I got an AAB offer whilst people I knew were predicted A*AB and got an AAA offer.

That's one anecdotal case. In general the lower offer is for candidates they want more or have taken the most relevant subjects or those who have extenuating circumstances. I applied to a course at UCL who stated their typical offer was A*AA-AAA I was predicted A*A*A and was given an offer of AAA.
Original post by x__justmyluck
That's one anecdotal case. In general the lower offer is for candidates they want more or have taken the most relevant subjects or those who have extenuating circumstances. I applied to a course at UCL who stated their typical offer was A*AA-AAA I was predicted A*A*A and was given an offer of AAA.

That happened to everyone I know (unless they were predicted what they university asked for without variation) and none of us had extenuating circumstances and all the same/similar subjects...
Reply 8
Thanks everyone. So basically if I'm a more desirable candidate, I'll generally get a lower offer, but never write off the higher offer as I don't have any extenuating circumstances (God forbid I do)?
Original post by suleyman95
Thanks everyone. So basically if I'm a more desirable candidate, I'll generally get a lower offer, but never write off the higher offer as I don't have any extenuating circumstances (God forbid I do)?

Wait, doesn't extenuating circumstance allow a drop in grade? As it makes sense that way.

Generally assume the higher offer.

Quick Reply

Latest