The Student Room Group

Learning disability nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jenny_O'Dwyer
Wow that's good going! Congrats on that, we're you interviewed by an actual learning disability nurse? A few people told me it would just be an adult nurse who would be doing the interviews.

thanks! the interview panel was different for each interview, some had just university lecturers, others had appropriate service users
Reply 81
Original post by Krakykelly
Hi, I'm applying for LD nursing at Cumbria,teesside,Hertfordshire,Wolverhampton and Kingston. I've been offered a place athertfordshire and I've got an interview for Cumbria on the 22nd Jan and Kingston on the 24th :smile:
Any body else going to these?

Hi I have an interview for Cumbria as well but my interview isn't until 19th February. :/
Reply 82
Hi guys, I have applied for ld nursing to start this year. Got two interviews so far, but waiting for the others too. It's horrible waiting!!! :frown::frown:
Original post by Jenks91
Hi guys, I have applied for ld nursing to start this year. Got two interviews so far, but waiting for the others too. It's horrible waiting!!! :frown::frown:

I would be happy with one interview at this stage! I'm getting slightly nervous..I think that there only a certain amount of places going to european students outside the uk, I'm just hoping I'm one of them!! Which uni is your first choice?
Hi guys. I originally applied for child nursing but received an email from De Montfort saying they would like to interview me for the learning disabilities nursing. I have had a look and read around the subject area which does interest me but am just wandering what sort of questions to expect in the interview as I am really nervous. Thanks
Reply 85
Original post by Sophie Hall
Hi guys. I originally applied for child nursing but received an email from De Montfort saying they would like to interview me for the learning disabilities nursing. I have had a look and read around the subject area which does interest me but am just wandering what sort of questions to expect in the interview as I am really nervous. Thanks

I havent had an l.d Interview yet but id imagine it would be similar to questions ive been asked for l.d posts at work.
Such questions ive had are what would you do if a client had challenging behaviour / what would you do if a client alleged abuse had taken place (ld can exaggerate or pull stories from tv) what interests you about l.d, and how would you ensure you keep your Knowledge up to date.
Note these are not nursing interview questions but what i have been asked when applying for l.d posts working full time.
So I would recommend you read up on l.d and various l.d's and ones that are not specifically defined. And obviously recent news concerning l.d :smile:
Hope that helps!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Hi guys congrats to those who've got interviews and offers. i have an interwview in Edgehill on the 1st of Feb another in Shefield Hallam on the 5th. An of you going to be there by any chance?
Reply 87
Hi
I have got an interview at sheffield hallam but on the 19th February. Good luck at yours.
Reply 88
Thanks, I hope we get i. Good luck in yours too
Reply 89
Thanks. I hope we do too. It's my first choice.
Original post by Silindele
Hi guys congrats to those who've got interviews and offers. i have an interwview in Edgehill on the 1st of Feb another in Shefield Hallam on the 5th. An of you going to be there by any chance?

Hey, great news! Can I ask when you sent your application to edge hill and when did you hear back? Best of luck :smile:
Reply 91
I HATE WAITINGG!!! Glad everyone on here have heard or had interviews and thats all I wanted to check when I found this thread. Seems like the universities in the north west are taking foreverrrrrrrr and im too impatient! My UCAS app was finally sent just before Christmas as my college tutor took 6 weeks to do my reference. So was wondering if anyone who applied just before Christmas has heard from:- Chester, Edge Hill, Banger, Wolverhampton and Birmingham?
Reply 92
Hey, great news! Can I ask when you sent your application to edge hill and when did you hear back? Best of luck

Thanks I hope all goes well. Hie I sent in my application the first week of December and got an email calling me to an interview on the 9th of January. Hang in there I'm sure you'll be hearing from the universities soon.
Reply 93

Hey congratulations on the interviews when did you send your ucas off? :smile: I am waiting to hear from Sheffield Hallam, that's my first choice too! /)
Reply 94
Hie, thanks. I sent in my Ucas application the last week of November and got invited for interview the first week of january. When did you put yours in?
Reply 95
Hey, I also sent my Ucas off in the last week of November and heard back around the 8th of January.
Hie, thanks. I sent in my Ucas application the last week of November and got invited for interview the first week of january. When did you put yours in?

Not until December 30th,but I haven't even had an acknowledgement from them to say they received my application..can I ask you also, what are you revising for your interview? Are you concentrating on the NHS in general or specifically LDnursing. Sorry for all the questions :biggrin:
Hi, I have applied for Ld @ Wolverhampton , Birmingham city and Coventry city had a unsuccessful from Coventry after an interview Looking forward to tomorrow as I have an interview at Wolverhampton my first choice.
Reply 98
Original post by harveylowewolves
Hi, I have applied for Ld @ Wolverhampton , Birmingham city and Coventry city had a unsuccessful from Coventry after an interview Looking forward to tomorrow as I have an interview at Wolverhampton my first choice.

Hi, good luck at wolverhampton interview. I have my conditional offer, really good interviews I thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by Jenny_O'Dwyer
Not until December 30th,but I haven't even had an acknowledgement from them to say they received my application..can I ask you also, what are you revising for your interview? Are you concentrating on the NHS in general or specifically LDnursing. Sorry for all the questions :biggrin:

Hie Jenny, I'm just looking at general stuff like the roles of nurses and social worker,codes of conduct, NMC, NHS, info about the course and the college and hope i'll be able to answer the questions:colondollar:

Quick Reply