The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by matthewames97
For anyone that wants to know. Barts' UKCAT cut-off score this year is 2570 total.

That's wrong, I've got an interview with a lower score than that ;p
Original post by Olderandwiser23
There's a QMUL dentistry thread. Someone got 632.5 av so I think they kinda lied to you a bit :/ don't worry though! Do you have any other interviews?

Yeah that was me ;p And I got an interview :smile:
Original post by rudegyal
I did not mention anything about how many days my work experience was, and I still got an interview.

What was the reason for your pre interview rejection exactly? Could I know what was your stat if you dont mind
Original post by Olderandwiser23
Yay! Congratulations! :-)))

Thank you! So pleased!
Original post by Geekslovefood
Just got my letter about why I got rejected from Manchester
Tip to future applicants: kindly mention exactly how many days work experience you've carried out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the reason for your rejection? What was the feed back? Could I know your stats and work experience if you dont mind?
Original post by rudegyal
I did not mention anything about how many days my work experience was, and I still got an interview.

Interesting.

That was the reason they offered, probably other reason which they're not allowed to mention perhaps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nedatabarra
What was the reason for your rejection? What was the feed back? Could I know your stats and work experience if you dont mind?

They said it was because I didn't mention how long I carried out work experience for.
Stats:
4A* 4A 2B at GCSE
AABB at AS
Predicted A* A* A
Ukcat: 660 average
2 weeks GDP
1 Week oral max fac's
As well as long term care home and volunteering with children

I'd say personally my work experience was the bare minimum. That could also be it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2967
Original post by etharmohamed
I havent heard anything from Liverpool either! But I remember the admissions saying that interview invites will go out starting in January :smile:

Thanks for that! Slightly relieved now
Original post by Dusautoy1939
Newcastle Interview! Finally! I'd given up hope!

Congrats! What date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carrellii
Congrats! What date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

21st of January! Did anyone else get their Newcastle Interview from a specific admissions officer as opposed to from the uni or through UCAS?
Original post by Dusautoy1939
21st of January! Did anyone else get their Newcastle Interview from a specific admissions officer as opposed to from the uni or through UCAS?

Mine came from Michelle Smith via email

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jay110

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also got my email from Michelle Smith, my interview is on 30th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carrellii
I also got my email from Michelle Smith, my interview is on 30th Jan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh nice :smile: Congrats! I'm on the 23rd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jay110

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same!
Someone help please:
Apparently to demonstrate manual dexterity, people bring in examples eg art work or pottery to interviews.

I've got a KCL one on the 19th and it's an MMI style one.
I play piano and have done for many years, grade 7 atm.
They specificy they don't want people to bring in extra curricular certificates only a levels and gcses so how would I like other applicans show my dexteral skills?
Reply 2975
They will either have a station that tests your dexterity skills, it could be anything from wax carving, origami or any other activity. If anything they will only ask about ur dexterity skills and what youve done to build on the said skill

Original post by kiwiboy527
Someone help please:
Apparently to demonstrate manual dexterity, people bring in examples eg art work or pottery to interviews.

I've got a KCL one on the 19th and it's an MMI style one.
I play piano and have done for many years, grade 7 atm.
They specificy they don't want people to bring in extra curricular certificates only a levels and gcses so how would I like other applicans show my dexteral skills?
Hi everybody 😊
I am going to apply for dentistry in 2016.

I was wondering, do school roles and commitments such as prefect/school captain/head girl and volunteering two hours per week as a classroom assistant in a science class will gain extra credit for my application or there is no point wasting time and it's better to focus more on studies?
Sorry if it was asked already 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by элли
Hi everybody ������

I was wondering, do school roles and commitments such as prefect/school captain/head girl and volunteering two hours per week as a classroom assistant in a science class will gain extra credit for my application or there is no point wasting time and it's better to focus more on studies?
Sorry if it was asked already ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I would personally say that 1 or 2 of roles like the ones you mentioned would be enough. It's just to show that you will be committed to the long course, and also that you're contributing to the society/community. But at the end of the day, volunteering can't make up for not having the grades, so I would say put your studies first, but leave a bit of time for commitments, coz there's more to life than studying :smile: Hope this helps, but this is just my view, other people might tell you something else.
Original post by ShivanjaliNP
Hi, I would personally say that 1 or 2 of roles like the ones you mentioned would be enough. It's just to show that you will be committed to the long course, and also that you're contributing to the society/community. But at the end of the day, volunteering can't make up for not having the grades, so I would say put your studies first, but leave a bit of time for commitments, coz there's more to life than studying :smile: Hope this helps, but this is just my view, other people might tell you something else.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2979
Original post by элли
Hi everybody ������

Sorry if it was asked already ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey in my opinion do as much as you can, but only if you can deal with it - don't over burden yourself! You really need to stand out so make the most of every opportunity you get to show you're active outside of your studies/academia. Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest