The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2015 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zzFishstick
What do you guys think my chances are of reapplying for dentistry with achieved A2 grades of AAB (the B in History)?

You have a very good chance. You can resit and reapply to Manchester, Leeds, Plymouth and Sheffield as they take resits. Have banging personal statement, smash the interviews and you'll be just fine. Honestly dont be disheartened, I applied with far worse grades than you and got an offer.
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my story - so I got a ukcat score of 410 (i know, shocking). I ended up getting 2 interviews from Bristol and Liverpool. I also got 2 post - interview rejections. I ended up getting an offer from Bristol on results day (I got the grades) as I was put on the reserve list and suitable places became available. So, I didn't have the best of rides. The reason I'm saying this is because I want to put all of your hopes up and keep you guys positive as I know the process of applying can be quite stressful.
Good luck guys! (Pretty sure this is the wrong thread for saying this?)
Original post by aishexx123
Hey everyone! Just wanted to share my story - so I got a ukcat score of 410 (i know, shocking). I ended up getting 2 interviews from Bristol and Liverpool. I also got 2 post - interview rejections. I ended up getting an offer from Bristol on results day (I got the grades) as I was put on the reserve list and suitable places became available. So, I didn't have the best of rides. The reason I'm saying this is because I want to put all of your hopes up and keep you guys positive as I know the process of applying can be quite stressful.
Good luck guys! (Pretty sure this is the wrong thread for saying this?)

That's incredible! Can I ask where else you applied and what AS grades you got?
I have my UKCAT tomorrow and I'm freaking OUT but congrats this is amazing!! :biggrin:
Reply 4963
Hey guys, what unis do not look closely at AS grades for dentistry?
I'm in the same situation as so many people here .
Have A A C ( 2 ums from a B) and middle C in economics , psychology , biology and Chem respectively . I was absolutely devastated when I saw those C's because I never expected it in a million years :frown: I really thought about resitting e.c.t but they've moved the bio and chem resits SO MUCH like there's hardly any days between AS and A2
Examinations . I don't want to then completely **** up Because of that :frown: idek what to do I'm pretty worried i won't meet the grades . It's a HELL load of stress at that time aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you whether your remarks have come back?
Original post by yearlightbuzz
That's incredible! Can I ask where else you applied and what AS grades you got?
I have my UKCAT tomorrow and I'm freaking OUT but congrats this is amazing!! :biggrin:

Thank You!
Don't stress out about the UKCAT - it's difficult but definitely do-able (even though I screwed it up lol!)
I got A - Chem, A - Bio, A - Maths and B - Psychology.
and 3A's at A-level.
The other unis I applied to were Manchester and Cardiff
Hope this helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4967
Does anyone know which unis accept AS level resits? I am dropping that AS level but need to resit it to get a grade B at least.
Hi I'm in year 11 and today I got my gcses results. I got 4A*, 8A and a B in french which im really disappointed about bc I wanted all A and A*. However I really want to apply to dentistry and I've already got 3 weeks work experience so do you think my grades will hinder my chances???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skittles17
Hi I'm in year 11 and today I got my gcses results. I got 4A*, 8A and a B in french which im really disappointed about bc I wanted all A and A*. However I really want to apply to dentistry and I've already got 3 weeks work experience so do you think my grades will hinder my chances???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely not. You're grades exceed many who go on to apply and successfully enter dentistry.

Well done!
Thank you that means a lot! :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4971
I just received my GCSE results and I'm so dissappointed i got 7 B's and 2 C's which universities are more lenient with GCSE grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zara99
I just received my GCSE results and I'm so dissappointed i got 7 B's and 2 C's which universities are more lenient with GCSE grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

some want AAABBB in bio chem physics maths english
some just want B in maths and english
dont apply to birmingham because they want A*s in the sciences

dont worry you can still do it, if theres a uni that wants higher grades you can retake next year before you apply
Reply 4973
Original post by yasmin#2
some want AAABBB in bio chem physics maths english
some just want B in maths and english
dont apply to birmingham because they want A*s in the sciences

dont worry you can still do it, if theres a uni that wants higher grades you can retake next year before you apply

Ah I hope so I'm so stressed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, saw some people worried about their as results and if they can still do dentistry. I got ABBB at as and had an average ukcat and got 3 interviews and 1 offer and I'm going to do dentistry this year so dont let your AS grades stop you from going for it!
Original post by liambrennan
Hi, saw some people worried about their as results and if they can still do dentistry. I got ABBB at as and had an average ukcat and got 3 interviews and 1 offer and I'm going to do dentistry this year so dont let your AS grades stop you from going for it!

Thanks, this actually helped to calm my panic a lot! Did you resit get any AS exams remarked?
Good :smile: I think I got a history unit remarked but it didn't go up. I resat one module in chemistry which definitely helped, and if you put on your ucas form that your resitting a module (if you want to) then it helps the unis to know that your likely to improve your grade.

Ahh I'm in the exact same position with ABBB. My Ukcat is only 617....I hope this is enough! It's so good to hear you got so many interviews and an offer! Can I ask what uni's you applied to/where you're studying now??

Hi would you mind me asking what Ukcat score you got and what unis you applied to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yearlightbuzz
Ahh I'm in the exact same position with ABBB. My Ukcat is only 617....I hope this is enough! It's so good to hear you got so many interviews and an offer! Can I ask what uni's you applied to/where you're studying now??

Yeah sure, I applied to Leeds, Newcastle, kings and Manchester. I'm starting at Newcastle in September

Quick Reply

Latest