The Student Room Group

Favourite Beatles album?

Poll

Favourite Beatles album

I was having this discussion with a friend of mine. I love all of them, but prefer their earlier songs to their later experimental work. Personally, my favourite album is 'With the Beatles', whereas my friend's favourite is Abbey Road. Just curious to see what you guys prefer :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I definitely prefer their albums from Help! onwards - I think my favourite is probably Abbey Road, though Revolver is a very close second...
Reply 2
Magical Mystery Tour for me. It's close between that and The White Album, but the Revolution 9 nonsense on the latter disgruntles me.
Reply 3
Revolver just. Tomorrow Never Knows is unbelievably spectacular.

Then it's a toss up, Sgt Peppers is flawless. Abbey Road has that amazing medley. The White Album has a ton of mint songs. Magical Mystery Tour has John's three finest moments (and Penny Lane). Even Help has Yesterday, Help, Ticket To Ride, I've Just Seen A Face, You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, and that's one of their least popular albums!

They were amazing. The best fact; between their first and last albums only about 6 years elapsed... 6 years... SIX. I mean wow. Just wow. All of that is 6 years. I mean I adore The Smiths and Dylan... but 6 years. Truly amazing.
Reply 4
Such a difficult question, but there are five albums that I know are a top five (I've attempted to rank them):

1. Revolver
2. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
3. Magical Mystery Tour
4. Rubber Soul
5. Abbey Road

I think their first four albums are hit and miss, Help! was good and it wasn't until Rubber Soul where they became something more I feel.
Tough one.

I think I'd have to say, 'The Best of The Beatles'.
Reply 6
1. Abbey Road
2. Rubber Soul
3. Revolver
I'm with you OP I like their earlier stuff too. With the Beatles is my fave. Though I went through a phase of totally loving Rubber Soul, I've reverted again.
Reply 8
Rubber Soul, Revolver and Sgt Peppers are my favourites. Sgt Peppers wins out because the song ordering is probably as good as it could've been.
The White Album probably.
Reply 10
It is hard, isn't it?
I said also that my least favourite was probably Beatles For Sale, but even that had Baby's in black, I'll follow the sun (which I LOVE), eight days a week and I'm a loser. Still such a great album.
Let it Be. Frickin love that album.
Reply 12
Original post by Wilfred Little
Tough one.

I think I'd have to say, 'The Best of The Beatles'.

Haha, well played.
Reply 13
Let it be. Truly an amazing selection of music.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Revolver.
Reply 15
Original post by boiiiiiii070
Let it Be. Frickin love that album.

The best moment about that album; the guitar solo in the title track. Everybody overlooks it! Everybody. Sadly in some versions it has been altered and quietened... but in the original version... it screams.
Original post by Jjj90
The best moment about that album; the guitar solo in the title track. Everybody overlooks it! Everybody. Sadly in some versions it has been altered and quietened... but in the original version... it screams.

Seriously, it's amazing - I've heard people say that the single version/version on Let It Be ...Naked is better because it's less "Spectorised" but that's bull**** tbh, that guitar solo is just flawless, the song just isn't the same without it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Democracy
Seriously, it's amazing - I've heard people say that the single version/version on Let It Be ...Naked is better because it's less "Spectorised" but that's bull**** tbh, that guitar solo is just flawless, the song just isn't the same without it.

I think Spector did a great job, I much prefer the original version of Long & Winding Road too.
Reply 18
Original post by yeah_baby
Let it be. Truly an amazing selection of music.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely in my top 3, let it be. Although I must admit, the original version of the long and winding road was better than the one that was released.
Reply 19
Original post by ninuzu
Definitely in my top 3, let it be. Although I must admit, the original version of the long and winding road was better than the one that was released.

I can't say I've heard the original un-released version.

Quick Reply

Latest