The Student Room Group

Favourite Beatles album?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by SoftPunch
I'm with Kreme on this one.

You may still be comforted by the fact that you two share a common interest in pandas.
Reply 81
Original post by ninuzu
No. Way. :angry:

I guess you're alone on this Beatles thing.
Reply 82
Original post by Kreme

I guess you're alone on this Beatles thing.

Yes, just me and all the other people who resulted in the beatles being the highest selling artists if all time :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by Beatlemania
Yeah I know. Magical Mystery Tour obviously represents the film, and is actually a good album - Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, I Am The Walrus, All You Need Is Love etc - but those songs on Sgt Peppers, perhaps even replacing a few of the existing songs , and Sgt Peppers would have probably been one of the greatest albums ever!

Could have even been a strong double album. Obviously the White Album is their only double album but I personally feel some of those could have been removed and turned into a one disc album, when you consider songs like Wild Honey Pie and Revolution 9.

That's interesting. I think the problem with double albums is that they're too long. You can't sit down and listen to the whole of the white album, for example. Which songs would you replace?
I don't think there are 5 songs in sergeant pepper that I don't like as much as to take them out to be replaces by the the second half of the mystery tour is my problem :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Kreme
You may still be comforted by the fact that you two share a common interest in pandas.

Original post by ninuzu
No. Way. :angry:

With Kreme again on this one.
Reply 85
Original post by ninuzu
Yes, just me and all the other people who resulted in the beatles being the highest selling artists if all time :wink:

:yep: Crazy, right?
Reply 86
With Kreme again on this one.

I think he is going to explode.
Reply 87
Original post by Kreme

Repped. I agree - very over-rated.
Reply 88
Original post by Kreme

Repped. I agree - very over-rated.

Exploded. And it's your fault.
Reply 89
Original post by ninuzu
Exploded. And it's your fault.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dg6fWaVeXM

ood foryou
Reply 90

That made me feel better, thanks.
Original post by ninuzu
That's interesting. I think the problem with double albums is that they're too long. You can't sit down and listen to the whole of the white album, for example. Which songs would you replace?
I don't think there are 5 songs in sergeant pepper that I don't like as much as to take them out to be replaces by the the second half of the mystery tour is my problem :tongue:

Consider if Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane, two of their best songs, were included on Sgt Peppers (as initially suggested). Someone came out and said it was a mistake not putting them on the album, might have been McCartney?

Anyway, drop Getting Better and Within You Without You. Resulting, in me obviously chopping and changing a bit (I don't like A Day In The Life as the last song on the album because it's the greatest song ever) so you get something like (and this is all personal of course):

Sgt Peppers Intro
With A Little Help From My Friends
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Strawberry Fields Forever
Fixing A Hole
She's Leaving Home
Being For The Benefit Mr Kite
Penny Lane
When I'm Sixty-Four
A Day In The Life
Good Morning, Good Morning
Sgt Peppers Reprise

Take into consideration that it's not as if Magical Mystery Tour would be weak either, when you consider I Am The Walrus, All You Need Is Love, Hello Goodbye, Fool On The Hill etc. I know that represents the film, it could even be made into a short EP.
Reply 92
Original post by Beatlemania
Consider if Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane, two of their best songs, were included on Sgt Peppers (as initially suggested). Someone came out and said it was a mistake not putting them on the album, might have been McCartney?

Anyway, drop Getting Better and Within You Without You. Resulting, in me obviously chopping and changing a bit (I don't like A Day In The Life as the last song on the album because it's the greatest song ever) so you get something like (and this is all personal of course):

Sgt Peppers Intro
With A Little Help From My Friends
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
Strawberry Fields Forever
Fixing A Hole
She's Leaving Home
Being For The Benefit Mr Kite
Penny Lane
When I'm Sixty-Four
A Day In The Life
Good Morning, Good Morning
Sgt Peppers Reprise

Take into consideration that it's not as if Magical Mystery Tour would be weak either, when you consider I Am The Walrus, All You Need Is Love, Hello Goodbye, Fool On The Hill etc. I know that represents the film, it could even be made into a short EP.

I like that. I agree as well with the point about A Day In The Life shouldn't be at the end if the album.
And yes, that still leaves a strong Magical Mystery Tour with Baby you're a rich man, all you need is love, hello goodbye etc.
Reply 93
Original post by StretfordEnd
Has to be between Rubber Soul and Revolver. For me, they're the two albums that really bridge the two different sides of The Beatles. Revolver probably edges because:

- Klaus Voormann's artwork rocks
- I love the expansion on the original sitar experimentation that was started on Rubber Soul
- And Your Bird Can Sing is probably my favourite Beatles Track
- Harrison gets lots of lead vocal action

I love that song. I had it stuck in my head for like a month a while back. I've never found someone else who really likes it like I do! Even Lennon didn't like it and he wrote the song :tongue:
Original post by ninuzu
I love that song. I had it stuck in my head for like a month a while back. I've never found someone else who really likes it like I do! Even Lennon didn't like it and he wrote the song :tongue:

Have you heard the anthology demo take where Paul and John and both high as kites and giggling like girls all the way through? It is possible one of my favourite recordings of anything, ever!
Reply 95
Original post by StretfordEnd
Have you heard the anthology demo take where Paul and John and both high as kites and giggling like girls all the way through? It is possible one of my favourite recordings of anything, ever!

I have! :rofl:
I also like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrSSxlu4ns8
A toot and a snore in '74. The last time Paul and John played together in 1974. They were both high on drugs and stuff but that just makes it hilarious :wink:
Yellow Submarine :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Fashion Girl
Yellow Submarine :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

First person to say that album :tongue:
Original post by ninuzu
First person to say that album :tongue:
Oh am I? I'm glad I can take ownership of that rare person who likes Yellow Submarine now too :biggrin: !

Quick Reply

Latest