The Student Room Group

Liverpool Veterinary Science applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

I know, theres so many down sides to that questionairres!! They eliminate some of the applicants electronically, those who have the least number of weeks under their belt. But they dont want people with years worth of one particular experience to get through the application process over others who may have less weeks but in a much larger variety!

There will be loads of people in the same position, you will have other experiences to increase the amount of weeks on your form though :smile: How many weeks did you clock up on the form in the end?
Original post by leprechaaun
I know, theres so many down sides to that questionairres!! They eliminate some of the applicants electronically, those who have the least number of weeks under their belt. But they dont want people with years worth of one particular experience to get through the application process over others who may have less weeks but in a much larger variety!

There will be loads of people in the same position, you will have other experiences to increase the amount of weeks on your form though :smile: How many weeks did you clock up on the form in the end?

Yeah that's true!! In the end I had 28.7 (the decimal place thing is so weird! :wink: ) hope it's going to get me through! Fingers crossed!! How many did you get??

Posted from TSR Mobile
25 or something. I keep changing it cause im struggling with the exact weeks thing aha. Also trying to organise some more volunteering before the end of the year to get to the top!

Your decimal sounds good to me! Ill see you at interviews!
Reply 23
Hi guys I'm a first year at Liverpool, so I'm on the new course here. Any questions just message me or something - good luck!
Reply 24
Has anyone else still not got the WEQ?? D:
Received an interview from Liverpool today for 19th Feb! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aka-clive
Hi guys I'm a first year at Liverpool, so I'm on the new course here. Any questions just message me or something - good luck!

Hello,
I would love to know about they layout of your exams and how your tested on the course? I have heard from other students who are on the older course but wanted to know how the course has changed? How many exams do you roughly get and what are they worth overall?

Also how are you finding the course and support from tutors and lecturers?

I am currently doing the RVC gateway programme and am finding the decision on whether to move to Liverpool (which is far closer to home) or stay in London, very difficult!

Thank you in advance.

Charlotte.
Reply 27
Ok. Ours exams aren't modules anymore - every exam is on all parts of the course. This exam period I've had 5 exams - BUT they are "formative" which means they don't strictly count toward the course. We'll have 5 real exams in summer. I'm liking not having modules at the moment - means each exam is varied. I suppose sometimes its scary being on the new course as we're guinea pigs really!

Only change is I've heard we have a much busier timetable than before, but it's not bad, and we have good weeks and bad weeks. And it means we should know lots even just at the end of first year!

The course is fun - we get to practise clinical skills every week which is great. I also just really find the biological part of the course really interesting. Most of the lecturers are lovely and really helpful, you can ask questions after lectures etc.

Its really nice here, the atmosphere of the uni in general is just really friendly, as is the city.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending