The Student Room Group

Who do you aim/want to be when you get older ?!

Myself - a lawyer, though I am not intending on doing 3 yr law degree at uni. You?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SoftPunch
Myself - a lawyer, though I am not intending on doing 3 yr law degree at uni. You?

You want to enter a competitive field with the appropriate qualifications ? ? Anyway I would like to study genetics. Or microbiology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ConsiderScience
You want to enter a competitive field with the appropriate qualifications ? ? Anyway I would like to study genetics. Or microbiology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you mean? :s-smilie:
I meant I am not planning on doing like 3 yr degree but the conversion one instead after doing another degree first.
It's also very specific what you want to study - interesting. You enjoy lab works then I take?
Reply 3
Logistical manager for a large retailer, sad I know but I would love it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Lawyer, have a TC so kind of there I suppose, which is scary.
What did you mean? :s-smilie:
I meant I am not planning on doing like 3 yr degree but the conversion one instead after doing another degree first.
It's also very specific what you want to study - interesting. You enjoy lab works then I take?

I'm such an idiot I misinterpreted that as you not taking any degree's and then trying to become a lawyer. Lol :P.

Anyway I do enjoy lab work yes. Although i prefer it when it's relevant or interesting rather then to fill a gap in the time table. (My old school use to do this).

But I'm sure cutting chromosomes will be fun !
And all the theory...........

Anyway what type of lawyer would you want to be ? ? Corporate, environmental, eg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Corporate Banking, IB, Investment analyst, trading.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Corporate Banking, IB, Investment analyst, trading.

I take it you like money ? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I take it you like money ? ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like probability theory mathematics, weirdly a lot.
I really want to be a cake :h:
Reply 10
I'm such an idiot I misinterpreted that as you not taking any degree's and then trying to become a lawyer. Lol :P.

Anyway I do enjoy lab work yes. Although i prefer it when it's relevant or interesting rather then to fill a gap in the time table. (My old school use to do this).

But I'm sure cutting chromosomes will be fun !
And all the theory...........

Anyway what type of lawyer would you want to be ? ? Corporate, environmental, eg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hah, you're not an idiot - my fault! I actually knew I'd make it confusing so I should have elaborated on it :P
Should defo be fun :tongue:
Microscopy has always been interesting part of bio for me ;p
I don't mind bio lab works either, but it's chem ones that used to get me ;]
Corporate :] (Being a barrister also sounds good ; )
So I guess for A-levels you're doing bio, chem and what else?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by placenta medicae talpae
I really want to be a cake :h:

Ah, you'd be a lemon sour one :coma::coma:
A Child Therapist or Psychology teacher :smile:
a happy person... ha, I can dream :emo:
Reply 14
I really want to be an actress, not for the fame or the money, just for the shear love of acting. not going to happen as there are so many people in the business who are just there for the fame or the money :frown:
Hah, you're not an idiot - my fault! I actually knew I'd make it confusing so I should have elaborated on it :P
Should defo be fun :tongue:
Microscopy has always been interesting part of bio for me ;p
I don't mind bio lab works either, but it's chem ones that used to get me ;]
Corporate :] (Being a barrister also sounds good ; )
So I guess for A-levels you're doing bio, chem and what else?

You can combine the two and be a corporate wig jockey. Your CV will have to be absolutely off the charts, but they do exist and it it a career option.
Reply 16
i want to be an architect but its a hard subject to study and requires most of your time which makes a social life virtually impossible
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I like probability theory mathematics, weirdly a lot.

It's not weird.

:biggrin:
crazy engineer/ physicist
Original post by jama mj
i want to be an architect but its a hard subject to study and requires most of your time which makes a social life virtually impossible

Who needs a social life anyway ? ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending